Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012/13 ST's  (Read 68682 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 10:57:42 »

Can one of the twitterers make sure Wray gets asked whether he can assure us that we wont see our top players go in the summer.

It was the small club, surrender, sell all our best players at the first bid and dont replace them but operate at a profit but be fucking shit with a big white flag mentality that put me off for this season originally.

That seems to have been address this season, particularly in January. However, I dont want to be spend £380 on a season ticket - just to see us go back to this and sell Ritchie, Caddis, Ferry, Flint, Foderingham or anyone else in the summer.

I want reassurances we're going to continue our ambition.

Didn't he say in that statement on the OS that part of the reason for the increase was because we were/are not selling our top players in order to progress?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 10:58:19 »

DV - Your constant delusion that we can always keep our best players is baffling.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:04:30 »

Been going through the finances and have had to concede that I can't afford a season ticket next year, however hard I try to justify it.

It's not just the cost of the ST's, it costs me an extra £20 to £30 per home Saturday game paying extra staff while I have the afternoon off. As much as I love coming to watch STFC, I can't justify spending getting on for a grand.

Looks like me and the boys will be down to the odd Tuesday night game as walk ups.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:05:27 »

DV - Your constant delusion that we can always keep our best players is baffling.

I havent said that at all.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:08:22 »

spending more on season tickets can enable us to continue to spend more on players. it's still a pretty reasonable price, if you want to watch a shit team on the cheap head to supermarine
Flashheart

« Reply #230 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:08:41 »

I havent said that at all.

What's this then?

That seems to have been address this season, particularly in January. However, I dont want to be spend £380 on a season ticket - just to see us go back to this and sell Ritchie, Caddis, Ferry, Flint, Foderingham or anyone else in the summer.

If the player wants to go, they will go.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:21:03 »

That doesnt say anywhere I expect us to keep them at all costs forever and ever though does it?

The paragraph above that one you quoted talks about not selling at the first sign of a bid or selling for money reasons ignoring the football team (Greer) or under valuing our players (Austin)

It also doesnt mention re-investing - but if we sell Austin for 1.2m upfront I expect a better replacement than 40k Elliot fucking Benyon!

I expect us to sell - but I also want us to only sell for very good money and I want us to make sure enough of that money gets re-invested in the football team.

If someone offered us 500k for the likes of Caddis, Ferry or Ritchie I'd like to think they'd be told to fuck off and double it before being told to fuck off again!
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:35:44 »

Nevermind
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:37:30 »

Exactly.

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:43:32 »

The board have already shown that they want to keep our best players,and this is coupled with bids for other clubs players too.
Every player has his price,will be tempted by bigger clubs etc and that is out of the boards hands.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 16:45:11 »

I did notice in yesterday's Adver that in an interview with NW that the club will look into extending the Early Bird deadline...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9567820.Nick_Watkins_Q___A/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
fatbasher

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 20:20:28 »

I did notice in yesterday's Adver that in an interview with NW that the club will look into extending the Early Bird deadline...

Some tetchy comments attached to that article. Everyone of us can justify their own loyalty and can reasonably argue that they are a greater exception than the next person to gain a concession.

The real truth is that ST's have been more than competitively priced in recent years. Sadly this has been due to the lack of success, mismanagement by the previous regime and relegation. It now looks like we are on the cusp of making a noise again within the league and I endorse my previous comments that not only will we go up this year I'm as certain as can be that we'll do it again next season. This needs financing and does not come cheap. Pay up, shut up or choose your games @ £25 a throw. Yours and my past loyalty means nothing at the end of the season. Your continued support in what ever manner fits your pocket does. Harsh? Maybe, but the club has a budget to satisfy and if can't it's goodnight Vienna......   
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 20:34:58 »

Only for full payment though. Installment plan ST's must be purchased by 31 March.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 21:16:18 »

Only for full payment though. Installment plan ST's must be purchased by 31 March.

That's good enough for me.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 21:17:44 »

Some tetchy comments attached to that article. Everyone of us can justify their own loyalty and can reasonably argue that they are a greater exception than the next person to gain a concession.

The real truth is that ST's have been more than competitively priced in recent years. Sadly this has been due to the lack of success, mismanagement by the previous regime and relegation. It now looks like we are on the cusp of making a noise again within the league and I endorse my previous comments that not only will we go up this year I'm as certain as can be that we'll do it again next season. This needs financing and does not come cheap. Pay up, shut up or choose your games @ £25 a throw. Yours and my past loyalty means nothing at the end of the season. Your continued support in what ever manner fits your pocket does. Harsh? Maybe, but the club has a budget to satisfy and if can't it's goodnight Vienna......   

Spot on
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: