Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012/13 ST's  (Read 68695 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:46:49 »

What about the price for a new season ticket holder £380  - that is quite steep to encourage new ST holders on the back of a (hopefully) promotion season I really think that not enough thought has gone into this they have just looked at the figures and gone ahead.

Unfortunetly a few years ago when the trust was active they used to run things like this past them not sure if they done the same with the SC as well, but I do feel if the likes of the trust was still active then they could have made these sort of comments and maybe given the club food for thought before they went public.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:03:03 »

The club has stitched up its fans by getting to Wembley.

How dare they be successful on the pitch?!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:15:12 »

What about the price for a new season ticket holder £380  - that is quite steep to encourage new ST holders on the back of a (hopefully) promotion season I really think that not enough thought has gone into this they have just looked at the figures and gone ahead.

Unfortunetly a few years ago when the trust was active they used to run things like this past them not sure if they done the same with the SC as well, but I do feel if the likes of the trust was still active then they could have made these sort of comments and maybe given the club food for thought before they went public.

But is £16.50 per match steep???
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:21:58 »

Pauld where are you?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:23:29 »

But is £16.50 per match steep???

Why no, that's just 104p a day.

Seriously, everyone has a threshold. Some people are currently getting a ST because even if they miss a few games they will still be quids in. Obviously they will now be less inclined to do so.

Will the club be financially better or worse off regardless. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:39:50 »

I have been a ST holder for 3 years running until this year when we moved away.  Now we are back I won't be buying a ST at £380 from the £260 that I would have paid this year, too much of a jump IMO.

I will pick and choose my games unfortunately as at the moment I can't justify it.  It probably means that I will see about about half of the home games, which will save me about £100.  That £100 will probably be spent on the odd away game instead.  For me it is just not a big enough saving to justify paying up front.

I personally think it's too big of an increase in one go.  Maybe £50/£60 this year and the same next, but it's a big hit in one go.  And it is a bitter pill to swallow having to pay £30 more as a new season ticket holder when I am a previous ST holder.  I can understand the current season ticket holders being given extra time to take up their current seats, but why then increase by another £30.  £350 might have been do-able but hard, but I can't do the £380.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:55:10 »

I wont be buying a season ticket, but then again I haven't had one since the early 90's.  I was tempted this year but cant guarantee Ill be at all the matches.  So far this season i've done 12 including 3 away.  At an average of £20 a match for home games (with all the promotions) I've spent £180 and will probably be able to get to another 5 to bring it up to £280.  So its not worth me getting one unless my life changes and I suddenly get a job where I don't work saturdays and some tuesdays.  If its the same next year Ill probably end up spending roughly the same again.

I guess it makes sense for some people and doesn't for others.

God, what a dull post.  Sorry.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:22:10 »

Price rise of nearly £200 for me. Fuck that for a bag of chips. Disappointing, just when things start to look like they're clicking on the pitch, but not much I can do about it

Things get better but they never get good
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:44:05 »

GK Nash raises a point in his post around the cost of an average matchday ticket taking into account those on promotional offers.  My dad made a similar point yesterday.  The price is even less attractive when you consider you can save money by buying matchday tickets with discounts through promotions.  This is especially true if you are paying in installments and being stung for a £30 admin fee on top.

The more I think about this, the more I think the Board have messed up here.

I believe Gary Rose has a Q&A session with Nick Watkins tomorrow?  I'm not on twitter, but if these questions haven't already been put forward, please could somebody ask the following?

Why is the deadline so short bearing in mind it is an expensive month for us all with a trip to Wembley to pay for? 
The club has consistently said that ST holders are the most important.  Where is the reward for those that stuck by them after last season's debacle?
Do not they think they have created a real risk that next season's attendances will drop considerably, as some current ST holders can't afford such a steep increase and it will also put potential new ST holders for signing up?

Thanks
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:53:59 »

GK Nash raises a point in his post around the cost of an average matchday ticket taking into account those on promotional offers.  My dad made a similar point yesterday.  The price is even less attractive when you consider you can save money by buying matchday tickets with discounts through promotions.  This is especially true if you are paying in installments and being stung for a £30 admin fee on top.

The more I think about this, the more I think the Board have messed up here.

I believe Gary Rose has a Q&A session with Nick Watkins tomorrow?  I'm not on twitter, but if these questions haven't already been put forward, please could somebody ask the following?

Why is the deadline so short bearing in mind it is an expensive month for us all with a trip to Wembley to pay for? 
The club has consistently said that ST holders are the most important.  Where is the reward for those that stuck by them after last season's debacle?
Do not they think they have created a real risk that next season's attendances will drop considerably, as some current ST holders can't afford such a steep increase and it will also put potential new ST holders for signing up?

Thanks

Asked for you.

In slightly different words to make each question under 140 characters!

Dozno9

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:54:52 »

I think the biggest problem with this is not the price but the short time to get one on the cheaper price in an expensive month with Wembley.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 07:48:04 »

Why no, that's just 104p a day.

Seriously, everyone has a threshold. Some people are currently getting a ST because even if they miss a few games they will still be quids in. Obviously they will now be less inclined to do so.

Will the club be financially better or worse off regardless. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I understand about the threashold bit, but if people are worried about missing games, the break even number of games is 14 (for £350 tickets). Whilst I always miss a few matches, I would have to miss 9 matches to break even, although I always give my s/t to a mate when I am not there
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 08:04:01 »

Its only 14 if you assume every game is £25 a go, which they aren't. Once you start getting towards 18 games break even the "I'll not het a ST, I'll just miss a few shit ones to compensate" mentality kicks in -  then you run the risk of them not coming to all the games they planned on. Of course if we do well again next year maybe they will come to them all and the club be ££ in.

BTW not arguing that it still isn't good value and fair pricing*, merely that we will loose some that at £269 saw getting an ST as a no brainer.  But as many have said, the ill thought out, crazy short early bird deadline is probably a bigger issue. An immediately addressable issue given Wembley was known about before release. I'm disappointed it wasn't addressed, still might be I guess.

*assuming we go up
« Last Edit: Monday, February 27, 2012, 08:06:47 by Batch » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 10:12:42 »

All that the club have been guilty of is having one of the lowest ST prices in the FL over the last couple of years. It wasn't going to last forever. If we want this club to progress and grow we have to accept the increase.

If we want to copy the Bradford model and charge peanuts to get in and remain a shit side with shit players then so be it, let's see how the club progresses with that.

I do have sympathy with the time period to renew though, doesn't make sense considering that Wembley is coming up aswell and won't be cheap.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 10:52:55 »

Can one of the twitterers make sure Wray gets asked whether he can assure us that we wont see our top players go in the summer.

It was the small club, surrender, sell all our best players at the first bid and dont replace them but operate at a profit but be fucking shit with a big white flag mentality that put me off for this season originally.

That seems to have been address this season, particularly in January. However, I dont want to be spend £380 on a season ticket - just to see us go back to this and sell Ritchie, Caddis, Ferry, Flint, Foderingham or anyone else in the summer.

I want reassurances we're going to continue our ambition.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: