Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012/13 ST's  (Read 68410 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:15:25 »

Yep I believe so  Sad
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:18:19 »

Knew him, he worked as a mainentance guy and i worked there for five years driving.

Shocked and sorry when i heard the news in the week..a guy i knew well....but i didn't if you get my meaning.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:18:21 »

Yeah it is. I went to his funeral this week, so many people there I didn't get in but stood outside. 54 is no age
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:22:34 »

Sorry guys.  JFW had mentioned OAPs earlier in her original post so I had it in my head that the chap who died must have been quite old...and my comment was pitched at that.  Probably sounded insensitive given that he was only 54.  As you say, no age at all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:26:17 »

You are right though Ardiles, point stands luckily and not insensitive at all.
Spencer_White

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 04:10:09 »

Regarding the prices, bit of a shame, but I think we all knew the super cheap season tickets would have to end sooner or later.

The problem the board have got is that we are hitting a bit of a wall at 8000 fans. The high prices/all seater/gentrified supporter culture of today doesnt suit us at all. To tap into Swindons real potential supporter base you have to make it more of a working class thing.

No easy answers. But one thing the hardcore supporters can do is stop slaughtering the fairweather fans, they need encouragement, not slagging off.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 07:43:50 »

The "admin fee" is £35 for 12 month plan and £30 for 9 month plan. The admin fee is basically a sneaky way of charging interest while pretending the instalments are interest fee. If it were straight interest you'd expect to pay more of it over 12 months than 9, and this is no different.

Also note £2.50 per ticket transaction fee on debit cards and £5 per ticket credit cards.

Agreed but sort of makes the early bird slightly less attractive which seems to contradict the point of the early bird,

Also am I alone in being a smidge suspicious that on the day season ticket price hikes are announced that the club mention the extension talks with PdC?Huh?

Anyhow looks like a TE season ticket is incoming!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:44:50 »

I'll always go in the town end even if it costed the same as the side stands, but it's almost as if the board want to encourage people out of there and into the Arkells/DRS. I guess the board know people like me don't necessarily pick their stand based on price.

Going to have to work out if I can afford to pay up front, but having looked at the finance deal I'd rather pay on the day than get tied up into a credit arrangement to save £3.50 a game.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:46:50 »

Also I see that even if you were to 'renew' in May 2012 you would still have lost your seat which goes on general sale after 30th April 2012.

Didn't think I would be such a whinge bag but that's a bit shit.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:15:34 »

Regarding the prices, bit of a shame, but I think we all knew the super cheap season tickets would have to end sooner or later.

The problem the board have got is that we are hitting a bit of a wall at 8000 fans. The high prices/all seater/gentrified supporter culture of today doesnt suit us at all. To tap into Swindons real potential supporter base you have to make it more of a working class thing.

No easy answers. But one thing the hardcore supporters can do is stop slaughtering the fairweather fans, they need encouragement, not slagging off.

Couldn't agree more. Living in Singapore, regrettably I can only get back for a handful of games a season at present which sucks arse. I hate the idea of being a fairweather fan, especially as I've had ten season tickets over the years. Yet that is what I am. I find myself ordering shit online from the club shop just so I am seen to be ploughing a bit of cash into the club. But there was nothing cooler than flashing that little red ticket book at the the nutter on the door of the CGH when I was lad and I'm looking forward to the day I can get another ST. I remember when it was about fifty quid for a student ST.

That said, fairweather fans are an important dynamic at any club; it should never be a closed shop. There are also that section of supporters who will only purchase season tickets (and come to games) once we're in the Championship, so be it. We will need fairweather supporters in order to consistently be using all four sides of the ground which has got to be a good thing.

By the way, I do try and do my bit here too - I had a go at Steve McMahon a while back, at a white collar boxing event. Actually, he was alright and took it quite well. Probably hasn't thought too much about the fallout of selling JAF lately. A couple of weeks later he and his son got beaten up at the Singapore Cricket Club for goosing a barmaid. Nice.

Clap
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:20:24 by bobby barnes jink » Logged
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:19:01 »

Got to admit this increase hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday afternoon as had i known this a week ago i would have sacrificed Wembley as that cost me the £100. I don't mind paying more if it means we will be keeping all of our quality players and the management team but what does annoy me is the short timescale they have given us to get the early bird prices as we have Wembley in the same month.

All it says to me is who ever set up this season ticket plan is a fucking brainless idiot.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:19:43 »

I understand the price rises, they were to be expected.

I'm more annoyed that we only have a month to find the money. I have a month to find £250 when already in this month I have to pay to get to 3 Tuesday games (£60+ each), Wembley (£50+) and also Oxford Away. If we had until April to renew then I can't see too many people being unhappy.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:39:35 »

I'm more annoyed that we only have a month to find the money. I have a month to find £250 when already in this month I have to pay to get to 3 Tuesday games (£60+ each), Wembley (£50+) and also Oxford Away. If we had until April to renew then I can't see too many people being unhappy.
Understand your worries perfectly well - I share them although not going to Oxford.  If we all e-mail Nick Watkins with our concerns perhaps the club will do something to help us!
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:46:31 »

To be fair, any sensible person will have suspected that the season ticket prices would have to go up by a reasonable amount to allow PDC to keep the team progressing, retaining our better players and acquiring new players too.  I expected an increase in the DRS up to £300 from £259 so it is an extra £50 that I need to find.

Maybe an option for the club to consider is to let people pay last seasons price by the end of March to secure their seat and then the balance by the end of the season.  Suits all parties, the club know they have guaranteed income coming in and the fans get a little extra time to raise the extra cash.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:47:36 »

Really they have given you 2 months to find the money, just you get £30 off if you renew next month.

If you're not fussed about losing your current seat you have 3 months.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: