Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012/13 ST's  (Read 68378 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:20:39 »

A £100 increase would be the club shooting themselves in the foot massively. At the moment I fight tooth and nail to get Saturdays off work to do every game I can, with that increase i'll be bombing most home games off unfortunately and just doing the really big ones plus whatever away games I fancy.

If they really want to push people away then £100 increase would be the right way to go about it and a shame. About £40-60 would be reasonable.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:43:23 »

If the £350 figure is correct, I'm assuming that this will be the early bird price as the full price tickets last season (after the early periods) were £399 and I can't see the price being less.

So if that is the case and the increase on the full price tickets is similar to that on the early bird prices, we could have season tickets costing £490.   Eek
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:46:06 »

The balance between STs prices match day prices is too heavily in favour of STs with match day prices stupidly high.

Hopefully an ST increase will reduce match day prices to a more reasonable price.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:57:01 »

I'll be pissed off if they go up by anymore than £50 to be honest. I think the current ST holders should be rewarded for showing their loyalty after last season's shambles.

Absolutely
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:01:07 »

Fuck STs, a true fan would be at the box office before every game.

More like in the pub before every game  Cheesy  Pint Pint Pint Pint
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:11:10 »

Come off it...£259 to £350 would be what, a 35% increase???  

That would be utter lunacy and destroy at a stroke what this board have carefully and sensibly built over a number of years, aiming for year on year development of the fanbase.

I'll be waiting for the real life numbers tomorrow before getting too worked up about this.

Maybe, but £350 only means the tickets are £15 per match, so it isn't that much in comparison  Shrug
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:12:50 »

Maybe, but £350 only means the tickets are £15 per match, so it isn't that much in comparison  Shrug

Why don't you break it down to cost extra per day, it'll seem even less then.

35% is 35%.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:20:14 »

15 quid a game sounds like good value to me, stop thinking about how much we've paid this season, or last, instead think about what the product's worth. I'd suggest watching us play in League One under PdC is worth more than that.
If personal finances rule out £350.00 a season that's a shame, but The Club, imo, have got this about right. If we want to be successful long term, both on and off the pitch, we need to be run as a business, not a charity.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:24:57 »

I'd suggest watching us play in League One under PdC is worth more than that.

We haven't got promoted yet Wink

I was merely pointing out its a large % increase, which it is. That's IF its even true. I'll reserve judgement on being happy or not when I see the actual prices and T&Cs.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:16:53 »

15 quid a game sounds like good value to me, stop thinking about how much we've paid this season, or last, instead think about what the product's worth. I'd suggest watching us play in League One under PdC is worth more than that.
If personal finances rule out £350.00 a season that's a shame, but The Club, imo, have got this about right. If we want to be successful long term, both on and off the pitch, we need to be run as a business, not a charity.

That's assuming he stays...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:44:34 »

It's a massive % increase but in reality our STs have been absolute bargains for the past few years.
At £350 we'd be moving closer to the average price in the lower leagues I think.
Cheltenham's ST's in their stand down the side of the pitch were £370 (early bird price) for this season, so at £350 we'd still be cheaper than that.
Top prices for early bird at Oxford was £326 and Bristol Rovers £410.

I'm sure all would agree that we have a premium product in comparison to any of these, so in that context the £350 (or £15 a game) still seems good value to me.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:48:56 »

It's a massive % increase but in reality our STs have been absolute bargains for the past few years.
At £350 we'd be moving closer to the average price in the lower leagues I think.
Cheltenham's ST's in their stand down the side of the pitch were £370 (early bird price) for this season, so at £350 we'd still be cheaper than that.
Top prices for early bird at Oxford was £326 and Bristol Rovers £410.

I'm sure all would agree that we have a premium product in comparison to any of these, so in that context the £350 (or £15 a game) still seems good value to me.

Yes - good value, and if I only had to buy one I wouldn't hesitate.

Its all speculation at the moment, but I have my fingers crossed for some doscounted family deals.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Spud

« Reply #102 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 00:08:52 »

£410 at Bristol Rovers!! Robbing Pirates!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 00:10:32 »

£410 at Bristol Rovers!! Robbing Pirates!
I suppose they can justify it on the great view you get.
nochee

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 00:25:13 »

No problem with a price increase. The product is a good one and one we know will be invested in properly, to a greater extent if we cough up. Wouldn't say that a few years ago....

Perfectly put, Moonraker.

Every Swindon fan, and due to this season, many new fans, have lapped up the success that this season has bought.

The last few years of season tickets have been ridiculously cheap. Let's meet the club half way and pay our due's.

£15 a game is hardly extortion, is it?
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 02:35:39 by nochee » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: