Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012/13 ST's  (Read 68412 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:12:47 »

I don't think there's much to justify your first point. We can't complain at paying the going rate simply because we've been offered bargains the last few years.

I know what you're saying, because they couldn't really increase for this season when it was clear we'd be playing bottom tier football.  I still feel that a £90 rise in one go is an awful lot?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:26:21 »

It's a bit of a shitter having only been given a month to get it in.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:30:17 »

I don't understand the logic with the price rises.

At an educated guess, I'd say the extra revenue we'll gain from price increases will probably be offset by the amount of people that won't renew.

I'd have thought that if prices were maintained (or increased my a nominal amount), with the extra interest promotion would generate, it would be more of a money spinner.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:33:23 »

Agreed Sam.

I dont mind the price increase, that was to be expected. However i am pissed off that if i want to renew at early bird cheaper prices then i have to find another £100 just like that. If the early bird was extended until the end of april that would be a lot better.

I know some people will say just go through the installment plan. Why should you have to. I know i would prefer to pay all up front rather than get sucked into another credit agreement.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:35:05 by tans » Logged
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:33:50 »

What I would like to know about the instalment plan is this - is there a credit check?
I ask this because last year they said there was no credit check required when there was. Zebra Finance are a bunch of clowns and they fucked my credit file up by searching it 4 times, I do not have bad credit, I have 2 credit cards, an overdraft, mobile phone contracts etc and they still declined me. I was lucky Nick Watkins was willing to let me finance it directly through the club...

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:40:27 »

Yeah there's definitely a credit check, my only gripe is how quickly I need to get the money rather than the actual cost/increase, I still need to sort out transport to Wembley + all the crap that comes with the day out. If we had an extra month or say this had been announced a month sooner I could probably sort the cash no problem, I just don't wanna get into another credit agreement for the 3rd year running.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 14:43:46 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10341,00.html

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 16:33:48 »

Did anyone else notice this under ST holder benefits?

"Free matchday entry into the Legends Lounge (capacity dependent)"

Are they going to start charging non-ST holders?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:01:07 »

If I get a new season ticket in theh DRS next season it will cost me £380.

I dont think I have ever paid that much for a season ticket before.

If it means we are going to continue to turn down bids for our players and push forward, then I can just stomach it. Luckily for me my out goings are minimal and £380 is bugger all.

If we sell Caddis, Ritchie, Ferry or anyone else in the summer - then well, doesnt seem as worth it!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:53:57 »

Jeremy Wray saying if we're in League One, our ST prices will be in the lowest third of that league, and will gladly bet that our league position won't be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:09:13 »

I've thought about it and I'm glad I can afford to renew before the end of March. I have sympathy for those who can't.

I still think the rise as a % is too high and the deadline is too short, and will kick the club in the nuts a bit.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:24:01 »

One bit I'm a bit confused about is that the early bird 12 mth credit deal works out £5 more expensive than the other 9 mth deal.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:32:12 »

Agreed Sam.

I dont mind the price increase, that was to be expected. However i am pissed off that if i want to renew at early bird cheaper prices then i have to find another £100 just like that. If the early bird was extended until the end of april that would be a lot better.

I know some people will say just go through the installment plan. Why should you have to. I know i would prefer to pay all up front rather than get sucked into another credit agreement.

I completely agree.  Whilst it was inevitable to have a price increase in Season Tickets i think the club are being unreasonable to only allow the early bird offer to run until the end of March.  Had it been extended until the end of April then that would be more acceptable.

I'm not paying £30 for an Installment plan so for that reason I will probably end up having to be a non season ticket holder next season just because I won't be able to afford £350 by end of March and i flatly refuse to pay such a steep admin charge of installments.

In the long run i will end up paying more on match day tickets because I can't afford to pay the one lump sum by the end of March.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:32:12 »

One bit I'm a bit confused about is that the early bird 12 mth credit deal works out £5 more expensive than the other 9 mth deal.

The "admin fee" is £35 for 12 month plan and £30 for 9 month plan. The admin fee is basically a sneaky way of charging interest while pretending the instalments are interest fee. If it were straight interest you'd expect to pay more of it over 12 months than 9, and this is no different.

Also note £2.50 per ticket transaction fee on debit cards and £5 per ticket credit cards.
fatbasher

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:34:27 »

I feel that the club have done us proud on and off the pitch since they came on board. Ok, Malpas, relegation and Wilson not being able to control the dressing room apart, things have been good. Now things are on a roll and the club and us fans are looking forward to next season in the 1st division. I think we will be among the favourites to go up again next season, I also believe that we will too.

Currently my ST in the DR works out at £11.30 per game and has done so more or less for the last three years. Success does not come cheap and an increase to approx £15 per game is more than reasonable. My criticism if there is any is that they have been a tad on the low side making next seasons rise seem excessive.

Installment deals look good to if you can't find the £350 all in one go. Just bare this in mind. If we go up again at the end of next season, watch them jump up another £100 for season 13-14 in the championship.

Better get saving unless you want to pay £25 on the day.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: