Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peter Ridsdale  (Read 1158 times)
wokinghamred

+0/-4

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 14:31:19 »

...has been banned from serving as a company director for the next 7 and a half years. His company went under owing over 400K to the tax authorities.

I wonder if that means that Preston will sack him? 
Peter Venkman

+162/-138

Who you gonna call?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 14:36:20 »

Apparently he is just Chairman and not a director of Preston so in theory it shouldn't be a problem.

That said he has always seemed a bit of a shady character anyway, one step down from Ken Bates, and I hope he is never involved in football again.

Hard-pressed British soldiers swore they had seen angels, ghostly archers, even St. George himself, riding to their aid near Mons in August 1914 WWI.
ghanimah

+8/-4

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 14:41:16 »

Presumably he'll become a club advisor instead...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld

+107/-115

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 14:53:10 »

Apparently he is just Chairman and not a director of Preston so in theory it shouldn't be a problem.
How the jiminy heck can the Chairman not be a director? If the FL fall for that they're even more of a joke than I thought they were
wokinghamred

+0/-4

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 15:06:55 »

The ruling is "barring him from acting as a company director, and from managing or in any way controlling a company".
So he cannot stay on as Chairman. If that is not managing a company, I do not know what is.

However as ghanimah says, they will probably just keep him on as a contractor.
Peter Venkman

+162/-138

Who you gonna call?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 15:19:39 »

How the jiminy heck can the Chairman not be a director? If the FL fall for that they're even more of a joke than I thought they were
He is certainly unfit to be the chairman of any club. I expect they will juggle his job title and his actual job will not change.

Hard-pressed British soldiers swore they had seen angels, ghostly archers, even St. George himself, riding to their aid near Mons in August 1914 WWI.
Power to people

+5/-6

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 13:16:33 »

Apparently Preston are keeping hold of him as Chairman of football, surely though he will now fail the FL fit and proper person test so will finsally be banished to the wilderness ?
Batch
Thingie

+107/-45

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 13:18:41 »

Apparently Preston are keeping hold of him as Chairman of football, surely though he will now fail the FL fit and proper person test so will finsally be banished to the wilderness ?

ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stop it you wag.

Fit an proper person test is a joke. see Diamandis (and others) for ways around it. I think they send them a form saying "Do you consider yourself a fit and proper person". Any other answer than "NO" is accepted.
Flashheart

+39/-10071

FUCK YEAH!

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 13:22:12 »

ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stop it you wag.

Fit an proper person test is a joke. see Diamandis (and others) for ways around it. I think they send them a form saying "Do you consider yourself a fit and proper person". Any other answer than "NO" is accepted.

Even the ex-Thai PM (Thaksin) passed the test. The guy has convictions for corruption and has been accused of crimes against humanity.

I like it firm and fruity.
horlock07

+31279/-27182

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 13:23:53 »

I like the way that he is claiming that the ban is voluntary.....
pauld

+107/-115

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 13:27:00 »

I like the way that he is claiming that the ban is voluntary.....
That's nearly as good as "Around this time, I was asked to stop running a company for a little while" (c M Diamandis)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: