Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Don Gone?  (Read 9889 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:41:49 »

Who wants an Italian manager anyway Wink
kerry red

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:42:02 »

Got to get another foreigner . . .

What's Malpas doing these days?  Hmmm
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:43:36 »

Its no real loss, is it? we were going to do fuck all anyway and if it hastens that hateful cunt Terry out the door then even better. Give it to Alan Curbishley to caretaker us over the tournament with a brief to pick the youngsters and then fuck off after the tournamament. He's got no axe to grind with anyone and has no baggage.
Barry Scott

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:43:44 »

The players are the main problem with England, and have been for the last 10 years or so. The FA have handled this incredibly badly, they are a joke of an organisation. This season they have made so many mistakes (including upholding Robert Huth's suspension yesterday/Barton's red the other week among the many), the whole organisation needs a complete overhaul, with all the main men being ousted.

Couldn't agree more. The FA are pathetic, especially with their judge, jury and executioner role throughout the game. If you appeal you get it increased for having the gall to question those that shall not be questioned, which is fucking absurd.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about England or Capello to be honest (a result of the FA I suppose) I just despise their attempts at policing the game.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:45:50 »

This John Terry, guilty or not guilty, ain't half a bloomin' nuisance.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:46:06 »

We've tried managers who are tacticians (Eriksson and Capello) and it's not exactly worked out so why not go with Pearce for some passion. Not that it worked with Keegan...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:49:48 »

Whilst lacking in tact, Capello can do very little about the Englishmans overstated sense of self-importance, or a generation of players unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions.

Had he stayed, I can see us fairing well in the Euro's. He'd learned from the world cup, and re-assembled the squad accordingly. We didn't play with as much attacking flair, but we became much harder to break down and beat as a result. We wouldn't have set the tournament alight, but I feel we'd have definitely snuck into the knock-outs.

The English public and media never truely warmed to him though, and vice-versa, so it's not massively surprising it's ended in acrimony.

Not sure how the redknap appointment would work out. His management style is purely about transfers and motivation. Transfers are obviously useless at international level, but judging by how he's turned spurs around despite playing a very simple game, he could just be the man to give England belief and confidence back again.

Things get better but they never get good
kerry red

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:53:29 »

Capello looked too much like Tommy Cooper for my liking   Smug Fuck Off
adje

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 20:55:57 »

Arsene-he loves English players.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 21:17:57 »

After Sven the clamour was for an English manager & we got Steve McClaren.

An whilst Sven's team didn't exactly set the world alight (reaching the Quarter-Finals in all three tournaments), McClaren's team didn't even qualify for Euro 2008.

The worry is that the press will start some kind of campaign that we should must have an English manager again, and not the best man available.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 21:28:47 »

I fully expect the FA to announce Sepp Blatter as Englands next manager !
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 21:45:33 »

Knowing the FA it will be steve bruce
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 23:23:11 »

Guus Hiddink could be the man to do the job in the short term before Harry steps in to take us to glory in Brazil.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 23:35:40 »

Steve Kean-Cult Hero!

Capello was crap IMO and should have walked after the World Cup...I don't like how this has been handled though, can see Stuart Pearce taking over for Euros!

#VivaKenBarlow!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 00:11:54 »

Its been rumored Mourinho wants out of Madrid at the end of the season and wants to come back to England.

Its practically writes itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: