Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42608 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 22:24:35 »

Oh, I thought I had to get to Wembley Park. Easy then, cheers.

Wembley Park is quicker to get to on the tube on the Met line if you wanted to walk Wembley Way straight off the tube, but Wembley on the Bakerloo gets you along the high street where the main pubs are...not that it matters as you'd walk the distance from Wembley park-Wembley high street in the time you'd save on the Met line, so take your pick.

#VivaKenBarlow!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 08:34:28 »

8.30am car for me  Smiley

I went to the England v Saudi Arabia game just before France '98 and we parked our mini bus in a pub near to Harlesden tube station. Only 2 stops.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 10:15:10 »

Anyone going on the Birmingham-Wembley Stadium Train? Im getting on at Bicester, not decided what time to get there yet?

Beer for breakfast.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 10:22:28 »

Anyone going on the Birmingham-Wembley Stadium Train? Im getting on at Bicester, not decided what time to get there yet?

Beer for breakfast

Im on that, have to get a bus from banbury to bicester then straight to wembley.

Leaves banbury at 9
Dozno9

« Reply #229 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 16:57:06 »

Just looked on the underground and the Bakerloo Line is down a stop before Wembley so its a bus from Stonebridge Park
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #230 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 17:00:35 »

Can any of you regular Tube travellers let me know if the London Travelcard zone 1-4 covers trains out of Marylebone to Wembley Stadium?

I know the distance is in zone 4 but I am sure I read somewhere that Chiltern trains don't allow you to use London travelcards on their services and you have to pay a penalty fare.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 17:36:22 »

Just looked on the underground and the Bakerloo Line is down a stop before Wembley so its a bus from Stonebridge Park

short distance to walk.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 17:55:09 »

Can any of you regular Tube travellers let me know if the London Travelcard zone 1-4 covers trains out of Marylebone to Wembley Stadium?

I know the distance is in zone 4 but I am sure I read somewhere that Chiltern trains don't allow you to use London travelcards on their services and you have to pay a penalty fare.

For journeys wholly within the London Fare Zones area, Off Peak Day Travelcards can be used from 0930 on Mondays to Fridays and at any time on Saturdays and Sundays. A GroupSave Travelcard allows groups of 3 or 4 to travel for the price of 2!

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/travelcards
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 18:04:05 »

For journeys wholly within the London Fare Zones area, Off Peak Day Travelcards can be used from 0930 on Mondays to Fridays and at any time on Saturdays and Sundays. A GroupSave Travelcard allows groups of 3 or 4 to travel for the price of 2!

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/travelcards
Sounds good to me, cheers Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 18:31:09 »

I'm wandering over to Marylebone and getting the overground to Wembley Stadium.  Nice n'easy  Smiley

Same here.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Dozno9

« Reply #235 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 19:03:42 »

short distance to walk.

Just looked on Google maps just half a mile up
Madrobin

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 20:44:05 »

09.15 National Express from Derby to London Victoria on the Saturday for me... Boozy weekend! Hotel 2 stops from the stadium. Head to Wembley nice and early on the Sunday, greasy brekkie to shift the hangover, then get to work on the next one! Good times!

Derbyshire Reds - On Tour
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 08:37:19 »

09.15 National Express from Derby to London Victoria on the Saturday for me...

On the national express there's a jolly hostess
Selling crisps and tea
She'll provide you with drinks and theatrical winks
For a sky-high fee
Mini-skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle
Back in '63 (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 22:05:26 »

Just got my train tickets, worked out at £18.20 each. You need to ask to go via Oxford. Although the Oxford to Paddington train runs through Didcot so you change at Didcot and get on the Oxford-Paddington train. They are group saver open ended tickets and include underground.

He Speaketh the truth.........even with the option to go upto oxford to gloat if you want it 
I am not sure I can be bothered switching trains though.........doubt any ticket inspectors will be able to squeeze through anyway tbh.  Even if they do I doubt they could do anything as assuming your not on the first train of the day it is quite legitimate to pick any train on the route.  Therefore anything going didcot - padders should be fair game.

I suspect they are just going to shove anyone and everyone onto the first train available at swindon anyway as I suspect the platforms are going to be so packed they will be worried about health and safety.  Just hope they don't push me on a train to Swansea Bad Mood
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 22:18:38 »

Beer for breakfast.
why can't I find this train?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: