Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympic football  (Read 10164 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 12:49:38 »

Anyone got a link, where we get tickets to the olympics? I wouldn't seeing some of the events.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 12:56:10 »

I have the cheapest cheap seats, which I imagine means top teir in the corner... will I have been moved, or be expecting a refund?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 13:19:04 »

I have the cheapest cheap seats, which I imagine means top teir in the corner... will I have been moved, or be expecting a refund?

You'll have been moved if you were in the top tier.  Good god, they cant give these tickets away so they aint going to refund those who have brought a ticket!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 13:28:16 »

My Daughter who plays football has been rewarded from her school with four tickets to the British women's game v Brazil at Wembley. Unfortunately we will be on holiday so the school are arranging instead tickets for her to go to the cinema to watch the new Twilight movie when it is released  which she is much more excited about.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 13:30:47 by Notts red » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 13:50:20 »

Bit of a joke that we claim to be the home of football, yet we're going to have half empty stadiums and can't even give tickets away for the Olympic football tournament. Any moron could have seen this coming and it could have been avoided by using smaller stadiums and pricing the tickets more reasonably.

Isn't going to help our chances of hosting a World Cup.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 13:56:46 »

Bit of a joke that we claim to be the home of football, yet we're going to have half empty stadiums and can't even give tickets away for the Olympic football tournament. Any moron could have seen this coming and it could have been avoided by using smaller stadiums and pricing the tickets more reasonably.

Were the stadiums not half empty when we hosted Euro 96? I just seem to remember a game at Newcastle infront of one man and his dog, though cant remember if that was a one off or a trend outside of England games!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:04:11 »

Incidentally, what are the ticket prices?

If the BOC are trying to recoup their costs and are hiking their prices up then that would explain it, if however that its just there isn't the apetite for the games then thats a different matter.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:04:25 »

We're holding an under-23 tournament, where no British person is playing for their recognised footballing country, at the same time as dozens of other sporting events are happening in our country on a once-in-a-lifetime basis, and whilst everybody's local/favourite football teams are getting back into action ahead of the new season. Oh, and the Euros only just finished.

This has nothing at all to do with our ability/suitability to host a World Cup.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:04:56 »

Incidentally, what are the ticket prices?

If the BOC are trying to recoup their costs and are hiking their prices up then that would explain it, if however that its just there isn't the apetite for the games then thats a different matter.

£20 for the cheapest tickets, a lot more for the prawn sandwich ones.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:06:16 »

Were the stadiums not half empty when we hosted Euro 96? I just seem to remember a game at Newcastle infront of one man and his dog, though cant remember if that was a one off or a trend outside of England games!

Whilst the games weren't all sold out, Euro 96 set new attendance records for the championship at the time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:13:57 »

We all know what it takes to get selected to host a WC and ability/suitability doesn't enter into it.  Should FIFA ever rid themselves of wholesale corruption, then they just might wish to establish a clean competition and send it our way. Don't expect to see it in my lifetime mind.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:14:33 »

We're holding an under-23 tournament, where no British person is playing for their recognised footballing country, at the same time as dozens of other sporting events are happening in our country on a once-in-a-lifetime basis, and whilst everybody's local/favourite football teams are getting back into action ahead of the new season. Oh, and the Euros only just finished.

Exactly, in terms of the Olympics the football tournament is pretty insignificant anyway.

How many of the greatest Olympics moments are from the footy?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:17:45 »

Fact is I can't recall a single Olympic football winner. This is because a) GB have not had a team in it for years, b) nobody really cares if we win Olympic football (or tennis) - its not a proper Olympic sport.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:33:34 »

I'd add Golf to that list as well, whenever it comes in.

Basketball should also be in that group but that is normally quite high-profile within the games as a whole.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 14:39:32 »

Fact is I can't recall a single Olympic football winner. This is because a) GB have not had a team in it for years, b) nobody really cares if we win Olympic football (or tennis) - its not a proper Olympic sport.

For a lot of other countries the Olympic football tournament is a major tournament, just behind the World Cup and continental championships. Again, it wouldn't do us any harm to take it more seriously. I know you've got the GB issue but we could easily just have a play off between the home countries and let one represent the GB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: