Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympic football  (Read 10167 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 15:48:22 »

Couldn't give a fuck about it - won't watch it - pointless.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 15:59:41 »

I really don't understand when people use this argument. It's not the pinnacle of Basketball, Boxing or Tennis either and then if you consider Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC it's not really the pinacle of using Judo, Wrestling and Taekwando either.

Using the attitude sports should only be in if it's the pinacle of that sport we would be left with track and field, gymnastics, swimming, etc. Meaning i'd be even less interested in the olympics than I am now.

Exactly right, 'higher faster stronger'. Not 'more elegant' or 'smallest splash in my opinion'. And I thought it was only amateur boxers allowed? In which case I think it probably is the pinnacle of the amateur boxing world.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 17:26:04 »

I thought the SFA had refused permission for any Scots players to play in the Team GB football?
Unfortunately, they have said they cant stop them. Although I believe FIFA statutes do suggest they could block it.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 17:29:59 »

Only 7 of the 184 pool of footballers approached turned down the idea of playing.

... Footballers are not politicians, the majority want to play in these sort of events when approached.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 17:34:35 »

Only 7 of the 184 pool of footballers approached turned down the idea of playing.

... Footballers are not politicians, the majority want to play in these sort of events when approached.
You are missing out the fact that the FA assumed that anyone that didnt reply WAS interested in playing.
7 people were definitely not interested. 177 either were interested or didnt reply.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 17:57:26 »

I got tickets for men's quarter final......really just to let the kids witness some history as like every other fucker I missed out on tickets for everything else. Team GB would be a bonus.

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:24:37 »

You are missing out the fact that the FA assumed that anyone that didnt reply WAS interested in playing.
7 people were definitely not interested. 177 either were interested or didnt reply.

I just don't think people feel as strongly about one summer competition as others. That's all it is.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:30:49 »

The mens tournament is really an under 23 competition, with a few ringers in it. No-one complains about the U-17's,U-19's and U-21's tournaments.

I've got a ticket for the first day at the Millennium, which I'm looking forward too.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 19:06:28 »

The mens tournament is really an under 23 competition, with a few ringers in it. No-one complains about the U-17's,U-19's and U-21's tournaments.

I've got a ticket for the first day at the Millennium, which I'm looking forward too.

Have you ever spent £20 - £40 quid for an u21 international?

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 19:23:50 »

Have you ever spent £20 - £40 quid for an u21 international?

I've paid £20 for two matches...so not bad. Still cheaper than going to Wembley.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 21:12:58 »

I've paid £20 for two matches...so not bad. Still cheaper than going to Wembley.
Im sick of Wembley! soapy tit wank

Christy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 21:28:41 »

Yay, I've got tickets for Korea v Gabon.

Living the Olympic dream.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 21:31:33 »

Yay, I've got tickets for Korea v Gabon.

Living the Olympic dream.

OMG. Give. Me. That.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 21:39:39 »

Trig asks yet another question.

How does one get these tickets? The site says it's not sold until May..  Hmmm

Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 22:05:27 »

Can someone change his name to Trigger and put a picture of Trigger there too. Ta.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: