Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympic football  (Read 10169 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:35:05 »

This draw is loco.

Pardon?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:35:35 »

To those who could have tickets to see Team GB.

Uruguay, UAE and Senegal are the opponents.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:36:11 »

This draw is loco.

Down in Acapulco.

When are the venues drawn, just so I can work out the permutations of who I may see at the OT semi.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:47:36 »

Down in Acapulco.

When are the venues drawn, just so I can work out the permutations of who I may see at the OT semi.

Group A is already arranged what with GB's participation but I don't know what happens next RE: the other groups.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:51:59 »

Going to the third placed game at the Millennium, opportunity to see a few players who will probably never step foot in the UK again so can't turn your nose up totally.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:59:20 »

Going to the third placed game at the Millennium, opportunity to see a few players who will probably never step foot in the UK again so can't turn your nose up totally.

Not at all.

I've got a double-header in Newcastle so I will do a 'visiting friends' weekend and take in two games.

The annoying thing is that my tickets are scheduled to go to my old house in Newcastle and the Olympic ticket rules state that I can no longer amend it with them but have to call Royal Mail instead...  Doh
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:02:59 »

Already lined up my Senegal, Uruguay and UAE shirts.

In all seriousness. I wont be watching. And I cant imagine many people turning up on a wednesday afternoon (14:30 KO) to watch Belarus v New Zealand at anywhere between £20 and £40 a ticket!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:14:21 »

(if wikipedia is correct on this one)

I think I've got Spain with my ticket which is good. Other teams are Japan, Honduras and Morocco.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:18:09 by Costanza » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:56:15 »

Just a though, did Caddis get an invitation for this? Scotland U21 captain, you'd expect him to get some consideration for diplomacy more than anything else. Presuming he's still eligible anyway, might have turned 24 recently but not sure how the age rules work.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:17:48 »

Just a though, did Caddis get an invitation for this? Scotland U21 captain, you'd expect him to get some consideration for diplomacy more than anything else. Presuming he's still eligible anyway, might have turned 24 recently but not sure how the age rules work.

I doubt they'll be anyone below The Championship. Listening to Pearce and Powell, they are going for the 'best' possible squads.

So I will assume that it won't be equal nationality wise and it will probably annoy a lot of people.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:20:13 »

I thought the SFA had refused permission for any Scots players to play in the Team GB football?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 12:43:54 »

I doubt they'll be anyone below The Championship. Listening to Pearce and Powell, they are going for the 'best' possible squads.

I'm sure Beckham will find a way in.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 13:09:05 »

Shouldn't be part of the olympics. Not the pinnacle of the sport.

I really don't understand when people use this argument. It's not the pinnacle of Basketball, Boxing or Tennis either and then if you consider Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC it's not really the pinacle of using Judo, Wrestling and Taekwando either.

Using the attitude sports should only be in if it's the pinacle of that sport we would be left with track and field, gymnastics, swimming, etc. Meaning i'd be even less interested in the olympics than I am now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 13:21:48 »

I guess football at the Olympics is a relic of the amateur days but it's been in place for over a hundred years so I don't think it's out of place.
woolster

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 14:28:53 »

i couldnt think of anything more dire than going to watch one of these games,
the GB team will be made up of ego's, may i point out that this is my own opinion & other people have the right to enjoy it, terms & conditions apply
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: