Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Terry - thoughts?  (Read 3671 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:11:24 »

My question is why hasn't Suarez been charged by the CPS, the same way Terry has?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:12:11 »

Because of the video evidence i assume.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:14:50 »

I dont particularly like John Terry, and don't give a shit whether he plays for England again or not.

However what he was alledged to have said, "Fucking ***** Cunt".

Fill in the *'s, If its thick, blind, fat, ginger, welsh, irish or black I'm not sure it makes him a racist, just a horrible bastard.

He's definitely guilty of that.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:18:14 »

My question is why hasn't Suarez been charged by the CPS, the same way Terry has?

Because in Terry's case, the complaint came from a member of the public to the police.

As for Suarez, I honestly believe that the length of his ban reflected the fact that he (& his club) tried to cover up what was said by constantly altering the story they gave.

Hence one of the reasons they decided against an appeal after reading the ruling they received.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:25:29 »

How the fuck does it take from October until July for it to go to court. He either said it or he didn't. There's television footage, there were players nearby. How fucking difficult is it.
Also, if I was Engand or chelsea what was once an asset is now a liability? I think both should get shot of him. Maybe he could play in the Nigerian first division - he could swear as much as he likes. . 
stfcinbmth

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:07:40 »

How the fuck does it take from October until July for it to go to court. He either said it or he didn't. There's television footage, there were players nearby. How fucking difficult is it.
Also, if I was Engand or chelsea what was once an asset is now a liability? I think both should get shot of him. Maybe he could play in the Nigerian first division - he could swear as much as he likes. . 

Imagine the date was set to ensure he could go to the Euro's, they've even manipulated that in his favour
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:10:07 »

Imagine the date was set to ensure he could go to the Euro's, they've even manipulated that in his favour
But why can't they wrap it up before the Euro's?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:16:35 »

But why can't they wrap it up before the Euro's?

In case he gets banned, or hopefully gets locked up for ten years

TBH I'm not sure what the punishment is for this type of offence, one thing you can guarantee though is the date has been set for him to benefit
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:22:57 »

In case he gets banned, or hopefully gets locked up for ten years

TBH I'm not sure what the punishment is for this type of offence, one thing you can guarantee though is the date has been set for him to benefit
i wonder if its convenient for Anton
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:32:29 »

Exactly, can't see the case taking so long if it was a lower league player.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:42:17 »

If a teacher is accused of something, then yes they will be suspended on full pay whilst an investigation takes place.

Likewise if there is strong evidence against a suspected murderer, he wont get bail.

I think the courts will come down heavily on Terry (even though I dont think he is a racist). With the recession and the massive influx of foreigners in London over the last 10 years, race relations in the capital are on a knife edge. Plus the whole economy of the UK basically revolves around the Olympics going smoothly next summer with no riots, projecting a positive image of the UK to the rest of the world. Its make or break for us in money terms. Terry is going to get hammered for his racist slur (eventually, after the Olympics).

If Terry was to quit the England team then I think he would be doing the FA board a huge favour.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:52:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:43:20 »

If Terry was to quit the England team then I think he would be doing the FA board a huge favour.

I think he'd be doing the whole country a favour
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 23:17:51 »

TBH I'm not sure what the punishment is for this type of offence

Pretty sure I read that the max sentence is a £2,500 fine.  Or about 15 mins pay for Terry.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: