Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations 2012  (Read 15188 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 09:11:01 »

This must be the 5th or 6th year I've started one of these.  All kicks off today:

France vs Italy               2.30pm
Scotland vs England        5.00pm
Ireland vs Wales             3.00pm tomorrow

I'm not convinced there's going to be any football on, so may have to fall back on this!  All change for England...out with the World Cup underperformers and in with a load of players I've never heard of.  Could be interesting, or horrific.  We'll see.

I should add that I have tickets this year to Wales vs Scotland (next Sunday).  Valentine's weekend away with rugby tickets for the wife.  Even as a neutral, I'm really looking forward to that one already.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 09:23:51 »

I'm edging towards horrific.

Not feeling at all confident.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 09:25:40 »

I wanted to go to the Wales Scotland match but non of my welsh advisers have come through with tickets. I have got the full works (4 course meal, champagne reception, meet a former rugby international etc.) for the England Wales match on 25 Feb so looking forward to that, and I don't mind being Welsh for the day.

Today I see wins for all the home sides, although the injury hit Welsh might just have enough to beat the Irish.

Other two are dead certs, home bankers.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 10:17:26 »

Rugby is shit.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 10:23:23 »

Processed Beats has spoken.

Lock this thread right now.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 10:33:05 »

"'x' is shit" posts are the forum equivalent of 'freebird!'. And for that my friend I'll leave Bill H to respond to you and your pointless post, as with every passing year I find myself sharing his outlook on the world.

Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 12:30:56 »

This must be the 5th or 6th year I've started one of these.  All kicks off today:

France vs Italy               2.30pm
Scotland vs England        5.00pm
Ireland vs Wales             3.00pm tomorrow

I'm not convinced there's going to be any football on, so may have to fall back on this!  All change for England...out with the World Cup underperformers and in with a load of players I've never heard of.  Could be interesting, or horrific.  We'll see.

I should add that I have tickets this year to Wales vs Scotland (next Sunday).  Valentine's weekend away with rugby tickets for the wife.  Even as a neutral, I'm really looking forward to that one already.

It's just a shame there can't be two losers
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 12:34:04 »

I wanted to go to the Wales Scotland match but non of my welsh advisers have come through with tickets. I have got the full works (4 course meal, champagne reception, meet a former rugby international etc.) for the England Wales match on 25 Feb so looking forward to that, and I don't mind being Welsh for the day.

Today I see wins for all the home sides, although the injury hit Welsh might just have enough to beat the Irish.

Other two are dead certs, home bankers.

Or you could support the country that employs you.

Roll on Independance, shame the English don't get a vote.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 13:08:09 »

It's just a shame there can't be two losers

There are quite a few losers on that list
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 13:26:12 »

Going to England v Ireland. Its on Paddys day. Should be messy. Can't see England beatinng anyone other than Italy and Scotland (maybe) this year. They'll probably win the grand slam then!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:24:00 »

Going to England v Ireland. Its on Paddys day. Should be messy. Can't see England beatinng anyone other than Italy and Scotland (maybe) this year. They'll probably win the grand slam then!

I know what you mean...but if anything I'm more up for the Six Nations this year because England have got a young side with everything to prove.  Getting rid of the old guard was the right thing to do.  The likes of Moody, Wilkinson and Tindall after such a lacklustre World Cup feels like a positive move to me.  We'll not win much initially, but there's an opportunity now to build for the future.  I just wish someone would have the balls to cut away some of the overpaid, over-rated deadwood in the England football set up as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 17:19:45 »

Or you could support the country that employs you.

Roll on Independance, shame the English don't get a vote.

Switzerland aren't in the 6 nations.

And I'll support who I like ta, not like it's any of your business.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 17:21:05 »

Back to the rugby, awful start, not a great advert for Northern Hemisphere rugby at the minute. England certainly look the better of the two sides so far.

Chris Cusiter shouldn't be anywhere near international rugby.  He's awful.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 17:25:45 »

Hardly free flowing is it...but what did we expect?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 17:41:26 »

Well least since 20 min mark the Scots have started playing, the first 20 minutes England were the only team interested.

I still think if Scotland can get over the try line we'll win, if not England will end up winning.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: