Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deadline Day Thread  (Read 27081 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:22:48 »

I'm struggling to see the attraction of b'muff, tubbs and ritchie......stfcinbmth, do you care to fill us in?
Is it just the case that the owners are throwing money at the team?
I was about to write that its depressing that players just follow the money, but I suppose in the case of ritchie, it is failry local and there are worst places to live....hardly a great footballing heritage though...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:24:22 »

selling ritchie today would be devastating!

We wont have time to replace the lad no matter what cash we get

these rumours from Bournemouth better not materialize!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:26:14 »

I'm sure the powers that be realise that selling Ritchie now could have a devastating effect on our promotion bid
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:27:56 »

Youd like to think so.

Anyhow if he goes now i would be inclined to say he is a greedy fuck. Wait till the summer and get a better deal ffs.
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:30:18 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7467221/

stfcinbmth

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:32:33 »

I'm struggling to see the attraction of b'muff, tubbs and ritchie......stfcinbmth, do you care to fill us in?
Is it just the case that the owners are throwing money at the team?
I was about to write that its depressing that players just follow the money, but I suppose in the case of ritchie, it is failry local and there are worst places to live....hardly a great footballing heritage though...

I'm struggling to see the attraction myself. Yep, it's a nice place live, but I'm pretty sure B'mth will still be League 1 next season.
It's either the Russian throwing money at it(I heard that he didn't want to be spending much of his own cash) or they are using the cash they got from dismantling the squad in the summer
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:34:00 »

selling ritchie today would be devastating!

We wont have time to replace the lad no matter what cash we get

these rumours from Bournemouth better not materialize!

Unless...Rooney is being seen as a replacement.  All hypothetical right now, but let's suppose Ritchie does go (and that's by no means certain, or even likely, at the moment).  It's not as if we haven't bought any players in recently.  In terms of depth, our squad is as healthy as it's been for a long time.  Rooney might well step up and become the new Matt Ritchie.  Not ideal to lose a player of MR's calibre at this point, but I'm not convinced it would spell disaster either.

Either way, I suppose we'll know soon enough whether there is any mileage in the rumours.  Swindon to Southend is a fairly long trip, and we'll hear soon enough if any of our key players haven't travelled with the rest of the squad.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:34:11 »

Quote from: Bournemouth Echo
#afcb still hoping to sign Matt Ritchie but #swindontown putting up a fight to keep him
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:35:04 »

Whos to say the club accepts the bid and then he turns down the move? That would be good

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:35:55 »

Sky know fuck all and care much less about what happens outside their beloved premier league. The probably knicked that from the B'mth Echo
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:39:31 »

Unless they're being offered silly money, I just don't see how any of our players would see a move to Bournemouth as a step up.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:45:18 »

I agree, moves like Cox to West Brom you can accept, he was clearly too good for the league he was in and moved on to a genuinley bigger club, biggers things, fulfill ambitions etc etc and I am sure 99% of town fans wished him well....but its moves like this that leave a real sour taste, since they are done for one reason and one reason only...
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:46:57 »

If Ritchie is to go, it has to be done early so we can us this money in other areas (i.e. striker, defender) within the time given.

Don't know how Paolo and co. are juggling today with our biggest game of the season tonight!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:54:57 »

Having a game on deadline day feels strange.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:00:26 by Processed Beats » Logged
tans

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:55:14 »

the coach has left for southend, dont know who is on it mind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: