Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deadline Day Thread  (Read 26872 times)
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 11:51:35 »

I will agree with you as soon as its tomorrow.

DV...time to agree. It is now officially tomorrow!!
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:35:43 »

All in all a very satisfactory January.

Players in at the start of the month have already contributed to out points tally, and the later additions have given a welcome strength in depth.

The only shame is that one or two more widely seen as deadwood haven't moved out.

Good work Wray/Watkins/di Canio

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:17:34 »

The only shame is that one or two more widely seen as deadwood haven't moved out.

There is always the loan window.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:31:28 »

Agreed, though we shouldn't forget this part isn't limited to the transfer window necessarily (cancel contract due to mutual agreement etc) so if we're lucky this could still happen for a few players.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:41:28 »

DV...time to agree. It is now officially tomorrow!!

Now I agree. Top work Mr. Wray probably our best January window ever. Balls of steel.

That 1.2m for Ritchie, well even if you go on the assumption its 1.2m straight up (which I doubt it ever was) take out the 250k he cost anyway, then take out the cut I expect Portsmouth have (lets say 20% so roughly another 250k) Then all of a sudden you're looking 700k - a trip to potential trip to Wembley itself could probably pull in a chunk of that would be 700k - now whilst I dont think we are dependant on Ritchie to get there he'll obviously give us a better chance! Increased attendances, potentially another game on the box in the run in, the feel good factor going into next season, prize money - probably easily make the would be Ritchie money from sustaining our promotion push anyway.

I know alot of those are if, buts and wishy washy figures but you get the point.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: