Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88701 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:16:16 »

I wonder how people will be going to their first away game v Oxford? Anyone brave enough to admit it?

I'll be my first game of the season if my ticket comes through.

Although its only a 0.0000000001% chance so not even worth thinking about.

Away points system isnt any fairer than season tickets. Infact less so, season ticket holders should get priority - they are the people who commit to a full seasons worth of home games upfront.

I fail to see what the issue is.

Ok, some people might have been able to stay at home and ring up who live locally but that option was there for everyone. Baring in mind how many staff they have and how useless they are at answer the phone and how long the phone call would take compared with buying in person I expect very few got a ticket over the phone in comparison. It was there risk to take, I expect loads of people stay at home and didnt get a ticket where as if they'd queued up they would have.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:16:51 »

Thus denying ST holders who don't live in Swindon the opportunity to purchase tickets?

I live 30 miles from Swindon, haven't got a ticket, still think phone sales should be scrapped for this game.

Those who braved the cold deserve their ticket.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:18:45 by Ralphy » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:16:51 »

Actually, I think the opposite. They should have made it ALL phone sales or allowed all the ST holders to apply online or through the post & then had a draw

But then I would, if I had made a 250 mile or 5 hour round trip and then still not got a ticket I would have been really pissed off

You're point is more than logical regardless of your location. It would still irk people though, obviously.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:18:47 »

Why not? or away clubs could be asked to provide a stub of some kind for supporters to keep as proof?

Could we not just do it on distance travelled to watch Town games Wink

To be honest, we don't go to as many away games as each home game is like an away trip for us.
I guess that makes me less deserving than someone who travels to 10 games a season.
Spud

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:19:18 »

Being a twat as usual BD. Is it fair that someone who travels to most away games can't get a ticket? Or someone goes along with 5 season ticket books, on the off chance they might use the tickets? Cunt.

My Mates went with 5 ST books for 5 tickets for 5 ST holders. I think that's fair enough to me!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:19:28 »

I did literally fuck all apart from give my season ticket to Si Pie yesterday. I had a lovely lie in and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I have been to about 5 away games in the last calender year.

So for everyone who is moaning...

wwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh UN-FUCKING-LUCKY

For everyone else, see you at Oxford xx

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:20:23 »

Away points system isnt any fairer than season tickets. Infact less so, season ticket holders should get priority - they are the people who commit to a full seasons worth of home games upfront.

How is it less fair?
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:20:59 »

Why would the club give priority to people who don't get a season ticket but go to away games? Season ticket holders rightly have benefits. The club gave everyone plenty of notice and did it on a match day (wasnt cancelled till 10 and you should have been in the queue by then) those not from Swindon you would imagine would make it to here for the game. It's a very rare occurrence this will happen and those who made the effort benefited. I'm fed up of reading that someone who goes to every away game but doesn't go to home games is more than a fan then I am. I go to all the home games and 10 or so away each year and deserve my ticket. We all knew the score and those who got down there benefitted. They even let you get tickets for people who had work etc. The club have done the best with a bad situation. If they do do a loyalty system home games should be worth the same as away games. And those who went to Southend who think they deserve priority - not everyone can get time off work at short notice. Well done to the club and the fans who made the effort. We will have a great day!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:23:18 »

I did literally fuck all apart from give my season ticket to Si Pie yesterday. I had a lovely lie in and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I have been to about 5 away games in the last calender year.

Hope the neanderthal youth give you a good kicking then  Wink
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:23:25 »

How is it less fair?

ST holders pay money to the club.

Away fans pay to another club.
Spud

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:23:56 »

LOVE this.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:24:47 »

Those who braved the cold deserve their ticket.

Nobody asked them to do it though! That was their choice.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:26:28 »

My Mates went with 5 ST books for 5 tickets for 5 ST holders. I think that's fair enough to me!

In most cases, yes of course. My daughter had a ST last season and went twice! I wouldn't give her priority over someone who watches most away games.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:26:51 »

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 15:26:54 »

LOVE this.

Not as much as I loved writing it. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: