Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 87916 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 15:43:38 »

my towel is already down

Bloody Germans
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 15:58:26 »

my towel is already down

Not joking, I expect most people to want minimum of 2 tickets. If most people buy 3 or 4, then only the first 300 or 400 in the queue might get served!

Camping chairs and sleeping bags for me I reckon!!  Yes
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 16:19:18 »

I remember queueing up for tickets for Man Utd away in the premier league season.

There were people with carrier bags full of season tickets buying 40/50 tickets at a time.

I gave up in the end, and like a lot of town fans bought tickets direct from Man U.

Unfortunately, that's not an option for this
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 16:40:36 »

I'm going to email Nick Watkins, explain my situation and see if I can arrange them to call me or something as it will be virtually impossible to get through on the phone.

Good luck with that - can't see them calling you somehow.  Especially seeing as there will be several queuing since the early hours.......!
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 16:57:17 »

I have no choice but to try and ring. Already booked train tickets to come down for the game about 1, before I knew tickets would be going on sale.

I'm going to email Nick Watkins, explain my situation and see if I can arrange them to call me or something as it will be virtually impossible to get through on the phone.

Forgive my blunt response but a) how the fucking hell is that Nick Watkins' problem, and b) what makes you more important than every other cunt, myself included, who wants a ticket and can't get one?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 16:59:01 »

Moving to London the night before. That's me fucked then.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:11:00 »

Forgive my blunt response but a) how the fucking hell is that Nick Watkins' problem, and b) what makes you more important than every other cunt, myself included, who wants a ticket and can't get one?

a) It isn't, but he has always been very helpfull when I have contacted him before about tickets.
b) Nothing, just trying to increase my chances by explaining that I live in London, already bought train tickets, can't afford to re-book etc. Got to be worth a try.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:25:57 »

I've booked the day off work, does that give me a pass too Huh?

In all honesty, I'm just gonna hope I can watch it in the Legends Lounge.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:38:08 »

There is no definite news on the Legends Lounge yet is there - its a possible rather than a definite. It was the latter then it may reduce demand for tickets.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:45:46 »

If that's a non starter then listening (nervously) on STFC world beckons.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:47:30 »

All you need is to book an open top bus and park next to the fence. Problem solved.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:50:42 »

Or a bouncy castle and see half the game (ish). Work off the calories to the half time pie.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:52:04 »

All you need is to book an open top bus and park next to the fence. Problem solved.

Serious question. What would happen if 100 or so Town fans turned up without tickets and stood on boxes looking over the fence ?

Police just move them on ?
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:53:40 »

Serious question. What would happen if 100 or so Town fans turned up without tickets and stood on boxes looking over the fence ?

Police just move them on ?

Yea, surely the Police would just move them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 18:14:31 »

There is probably about enough time before March to dig a tunnel, Great Escape style.  (But in reverse, obviously.  You'd be trying to tunnel in to enemy territory.)

This satellite view shows a copse just a few hundred yards to the north east of the ground.  We find a secluded spot there and start digging, aiming to come up again underneath the away stand.  Getting rid of the excess spoil could be a problem; a little ingenuity, like in the film, would overcome that though.

Who's with me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: