Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Sunday "I don't want to go to bed yet" thread.  (Read 5582 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:10:54 »

I need to be up before 7am, but am not remotely tired. Not good.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:13:35 »

ahhh, i feel your pain mr reeves up at 6:45 for me. A fun monday ahead i guess, nothing more frustrating than lying in bed and not being able to sleep though
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:19:03 »

I hate it when that happens (^^^Having to get up early but can't sleep). I tend to get drunk because I know I over compensate on hangovers and little sleep. It hits disaster at mid day though. That's when you start drinking strong black coffee and a greasy sandwich. Early night on Monday (If you've done it right you won't want to go out drinking) and you're up ready for Tuesday

I call it the Blaflemnabme plan.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:28:30 »

standard coffee (with milk) will see me through until around 1-2ish. Then it's black syrupy coffee, cigarettes and general hate towards the outside world. The backlash being that the caffeine doesn't kick in until i'm back home and i start the whole fucking cycle again. With that in mind, i'll be hitting booze as soon as i'm home tomorrow to try and bring on the boozy coma
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:30:34 »

As I'm home this weekend for the Leicester game i'm gonna be pretty much drinking constantly till i get on the train thursday night to make up for not being at uni for the weekend...

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:33:02 »

I was chatting to Fola about this the other day, but do you actually have to be at uni ever? I remember when I was a student my lecture attendance record was insanely bad. I passed my second year without going to one lecture / workshop / anything.

e: that's a lie, I met up with my group who I was doing a project with. But apart from that - nothing.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:33:36 »

sounds like a fantastic week! If we get a result though, i'm sure you'll tuck away a couple of cheeky pints.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:36:46 »

Going out for a cigarette fucking sucks. Discuss./
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:40:54 »

i concur oh wise one. I was saying the other day that if i have kids and tell them that you used to be able to smoke in pubs, they'll piss themselves. Tobacco will be a class c drug by then anyway.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:44:26 »

I'm in uni for 6 hours a week.

with maybe an extra 2 outside that working at home..

Not much at all considering i'm paying £3k for the privilege!

I don't smoke so have no comment on going outside.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:46:29 »

I'm now in my third year of four. I find my attendance is going downhill and my grades going uphill.

What this suggests about the standard of teaching at a supposedly top ten University is yours to read as you wish.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:46:58 »

i concur oh wise one. I was saying the other day that if i have kids and tell them that you used to be able to smoke in pubs, they'll piss themselves. Tobacco will be a class c drug by then anyway.

Nah, all signs are heading to the capitalist wonderland.  Why should the state intervene if you want to make money selling crack to children. You should have probably educated your children to say "NO" better. Free Market wins out. I mean you could always boycott the crack dealers who are selling to children right?
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:51:55 »

yeah but crack's so moreish!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:53:41 »

I'm now in my third year of four. I find my attendance is going downhill and my grades going uphill.

What this suggests about the standard of teaching at a supposedly top ten University is yours to read as you wish.

I once got a first (actually just under - but fuck honesty), on an essay I wrote in a little under 3 hours whilst fucked on Spar brand premium stength lager and extra Spar vodka to top me up. The essay was about the life of the universe from the point of view of an atom. I wrote it in the first person. 68% you fuckers.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 01:55:33 »

That is fucking brilliant.

Haven't tried Spa brand lager may give it a go.

Since tesco put the price of "Béire Spécial" up to £2.99 for 8 it doesn't seem as cheap..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: