Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Manager sent off  (Read 4125 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 10:52:08 »

Why are Oxford so obsessed with Paolo Di Canio & all things Swindon?

Because their manager is dull, their team is dull, their stadium is dull, their supporters are dull. They may as well change their name to Dull City.

Read their main internet discussion forum (& I made the mistake of doing this briefly at the weekend) and you'll realise that the attention/obsession is not healthy.  You'd think that, in their position (ie still in the mix, but stuttering form of late), most of the discussion would be around the changes needed to get their season back on track.  But if anything, there is just as much space devoted to anti-Swindon and anti-PDC bile.

They seem an unhappy bunch.  Can't be a lot of fun, judging by what's posted on there.  A little simplistic, I know, to tar everyone with the same brush...OF seems sane enough, for example, as do some of the posters on there.  But the over all impression is not a good one.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 11:03:24 »

Because their manager is dull, their team is dull, their stadium is dull, their supporters are dull. They may as well change their name to Dull City.

According to them, their own supporters are morons

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=7216

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 11:19:08 »

To be honest, a lot of our fans are morons. I somehow suspect this is the case with every football club.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 13:39:56 »

"The guy next to me is a complete moron. It's like being next to someone who parrots what everyone says around us 5 seconds later or he simply goes off on one at the most random times. He hates any player that can be seen to be a striker. Constable. Shit. Potter. Shit. Craddock. Shit. Pitman. Shit. They're all shit, all the time. "

I dont know what his problem is, as far as i can see the bloke he sits next to should be a pundit on MOTD!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 13:54:54 »

I pity them. I don't even hate Oxford it's just pity. After this season it's been a real eye opener as to just how small minded, tinpot and pathetic they are. No doubt they'll be talking about us for years to come as well.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 14:00:39 »

PDC's rant is one of the funniest things you could wish to see. God knows what he would have been like if we had drawn or lost. The stuff about us winning the league anyway whether he gets sent off every week or not isnt a good idea from any view point imo but you cant help but love him for it. Once he's had his usual couple of days to calm down you would think it would be a lesson learned for him?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 14:02:10 »

I pity them. I don't even hate Oxford it's just pity. After this season it's been a real eye opener as to just how small minded, tinpot and pathetic they are. No doubt they'll be talking about us for years to come as well.

Smiley They've always been like that.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 14:02:20 »

From what I can see they have no big rivals so are desperate to have one in us. Have said a few times Oxford are not important to me and have more of a dislike of both Bristol teams, Reading and Gillingham. It's obviously a personal dislike but Oxford to me are just a club that crop up occasionally full of hatered.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: