Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daniel Boateng  (Read 16703 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 16:39:19 »

No its not actually that big, Lanzano, Pavett, Easyjet, Kerrouche and possibly Bodin (loan) could all be moving this transfer window and with Thompson N, Scott, Storey, Bedwell and Thompson L all youth/1st year pros they can't really be counted as part of the 1st team squad even if they have made the bench recently that leaves 19 pro's, not really that big at all IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 16:49:53 »

I don't think anyone is writing him off...more like trying to point out, he may find it difficult, so will need some patience. Town fans have now become notorious for having < zero.  Take Jervis for example, seemed like a promising young player to me, scored a few, had a reasonable physical presence....yet written off as dogshite by most after a mere handful of games. Predictably now scoring at a higher level.

And you can't forget that reserve team Premiership football is a whole different kettle of fish to league 2. Boateng will take a few games to adjust to the physicality of this league.
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 18:36:49 »

Looks a big unit does Boateng

We should just get him and flint to stand in front of goal. We won't concede again all season.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:03:33 »

Arse will be expecting him to be playing on a regular basis, so who is he going to replace? Thought the emphasis was going to be on signed players not loans
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:07:41 »

I can't see anybody being replaced, except maybe kennedy.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:14:14 »

I can't see anybody being replaced, except maybe kennedy.

That'll be it then
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:17:19 »

How many loanees have we got at the moment? Murray, Boateng... that's it isn't it?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:17:54 »

How many loanees have we got at the moment? Murray, Boateng... that's it isn't it?

Yes.
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:18:45 »

The adver seems to suggest here's here to provide cover

Boateng, a powerfully built defender, can play across the whole of the back four and will provide Town boss Paolo Di Canio with further strength in depth, following the departure of Alberto Comazzi yesterday.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:34:30 »

No its not actually that big, Lanzano, Pavett, Easyjet, Kerrouche and possibly Bodin (loan) could all be moving this transfer window and with Thompson N, Scott, Storey, Bedwell and Thompson L all youth/1st year pros they can't really be counted as part of the 1st team squad even if they have made the bench recently that leaves 19 pro's, not really that big at all IMO.

I have to be honest, I hadn't actually looked and thought it was bigger than that.  I therefore amend my comment of ridiculously big to 'quite' big on the assumption that we will see further leavers in the next week or so Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:39:25 »

It's easy to think the squad is very big because we have bought in so many.

Wasn't digging at you jotty, I was just curious myself.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:42:28 »

Fun fact: Both Alan Connell and Daniel Boateng born in Enfield!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:46:17 »

Fun fact: Both Alan Connell and Daniel Boateng born in Enfield!
Wow, the odds against that must have been billions to one
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 23:36:44 »

Another possibility....McCormack back to centre mid, although that would add fuel to the 'di Canio is a lunatic' chain if thought.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 23:50:10 »

Cant see Macca going back to midfield. Paolo is still after a CM id have thought
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: