Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194418 times)
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 17:39:05 »

Unfortunately, the 'one and done' comments are something the Bengals and their fans are going to have put up with until they actually win a game in the Post Season. Until then, they can only do what they are doing i.e. win every game with Dalton playing as well as any QB in the NFL at the moment.

Whenever they win there is always some media 'talking head' saying 'yes but...'

They win in Baltimore...yes but, the Ravens have a losing record this year. They've not played anyone yet.
They come from 17 points down to beat Seattle in over time...yes but, they can't win in Pittsburg
So they in in Pittsburgh...yes but, they can't win in Prime Time.
They wipe the floor with Cleveland on Thursday night to win in Prime Time (I would also count Seattle and Pitt as Prime Time due to the significance of the games but whatever)

Even then, they've still got that annoying little asterisk next to them of being 'one and done' the last 4 years. They can't do anything about it until January and I think they will. I think the attitude of the team and coaching staff in general and most importantly Andy Dalton in particular has changed. They can only prove that when January comes round of course.

I must say I didn't see the Texans breaking that winning streak, the season for the Cowboys is done.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 18:14:50 »

I didn't see Peyton Manning throwing 5 interceptions and being benched. In fact, I'm glad I didn't see Peyton Manning throwing 5 interceptions and being benched!

I fear for the Broncos.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 18:19:47 »

I didn't see Peyton Manning throwing 5 interceptions and being benched. In fact, I'm glad I didn't see Peyton Manning throwing 5 interceptions and being benched!

I fear for the Broncos.

Just added Osweiler to my fantasy team. Hope he can put up some points and throw some TDs against Chicago!

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 14:38:11 »

Former Pats QB Doug Flutie loses both parents on the same day. Both having a heart attack within a couple of hours of eachother. Wow, that's pretty harsh.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 17:32:58 »

Former Pats QB Doug Flutie loses both parents on the same day. Both having a heart attack within a couple of hours of eachother. Wow, that's pretty harsh.
Remember seeing Flutie play for the Calgary Stampeders against the Baltimore CFL Colts in the early 90s, then again for the Chargers against the Broncos in the mid noughties. Class act and defied those who said he was too small to be a QB in the NFL.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 19:14:17 »

I must say I didn't see the Texans breaking that winning streak, the season for the Cowboys is done.
That was a terrible game for Monday Night Football. Both Defences dominated and the Bengals could quite conceivably have won 6-3. There is never any shortage of people wanting to jump on the 'Typical Bengals, choking again...' band wagon and they just have to go out and prove them wrong, starting Sunday in Arizona.

You're right about the Cowboys though, they're just incapable of winning without Romo.

Remember seeing Flutie play for the Calgary Stampeders against the Baltimore CFL Colts in the early 90s, then again for the Chargers against the Broncos in the mid noughties. Class act and defied those who said he was too small to be a QB in the NFL.

I never knew about that NMH. I just looked it up - interesting  Hmmm
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 21:31:10 »

Does anyone play for Swindon Storm? Thinking of attending open sessions

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 06:05:07 »

That was a terrible game for Monday Night Football. Both Defences dominated and the Bengals could quite conceivably have won 6-3. There is never any shortage of people wanting to jump on the 'Typical Bengals, choking again...' band wagon and they just have to go out and prove them wrong, starting Sunday in Arizona.

You're right about the Cowboys though, they're just incapable of winning without Romo.

I never knew about that NMH. I just looked it up - interesting  Hmmm
Baltimore couldn't get an NFL franchise for years after the 'Colts' franchise left town and went to Indianapolis. They had a stadium and financial backing, but the NFL wouldn't let them have an expansion team as it was argued that it would affect the Redskins. So, they bought a CFL team and named it the 'CFL Colts'. They filled the stadium every game. They then had the opportunity to bring the Browns in from Cleveland, with the promise of a new stadium, which they build at Camden Yards, in the car park of the Baltimore Orioles MLB team - The Baltimore Ravens were born. There was uproar in Cleveland, who managed to find a backer to start the Browns again......and so it goes on!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 07:59:27 »

Baltimore couldn't get an NFL franchise for years after the 'Colts' franchise left town and went to Indianapolis. They had a stadium and financial backing, but the NFL wouldn't let them have an expansion team as it was argued that it would affect the Redskins. So, they bought a CFL team and named it the 'CFL Colts'. They filled the stadium every game. They then had the opportunity to bring the Browns in from Cleveland, with the promise of a new stadium, which they build at Camden Yards, in the car park of the Baltimore Orioles MLB team - The Baltimore Ravens were born. There was uproar in Cleveland, who managed to find a backer to start the Browns again......and so it goes on!
And apparently they even won the Grey Cup in 1995, that completely passed me by - although to be fair they were only around for a couple of years I'm still surprised at myself for not knowing that. I've seen Baseball and Football at Camden Yards, it's an impressive set up and it's right in the down town area so you don't have to drive miles to get there.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 17:29:15 »

Does anyone play for Swindon Storm? Thinking of attending open sessions

Do it. I played at uni having never played before, and its a cracking sport to get into. I'd play for the Storm if my shifts were better.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 10:54:20 »

Not strictly NFL, but High School Football..

John Krahn from ML King High School in Southern California.

17 years old, 7 foot tall and 440lbs.

Fucking size of him!

* 2CC4205900000578-3249242-image-a-1_1443208665763.jpg (116.22 KB, 634x858 - viewed 211 times.)

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 12:12:22 »

Do it. I played at uni having never played before, and its a cracking sport to get into. I'd play for the Storm if my shifts were better.

likewise! (well, at least try to!)

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 19:54:19 »

One for OST...

Bengals in London on the 30th October next year, hosting the Redskins.

That'll be the one I try to get to I think, the pick of the bunch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587776/article/2016-uk-international-series-schedule-announced

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 19:57:03 »

Also the Jags Vs Colts, division rivals, should be a great game.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 21:35:39 »

One for OST...

Bengals in London on the 30th October next year, hosting the Redskins.

That'll be the one I try to get to I think, the pick of the bunch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587776/article/2016-uk-international-series-schedule-announced
I think I might just pop along to that one  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: