Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194455 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 23:51:36 »

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12th-Man-lifts-CenturyLink-Field-into-Guinness-World-Record-book-for-loudest-stadium/346bb94e-6236-4159-b0df-d00e22e8d592

It's hardly Galatasary v Fenerbahce though, very very contrived
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 23:55:53 »

Or Gala v Besiktas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2429432/Didier-Drogba-forced-flee-rioting-fans-Galatasarays-derby-Besiktas-abandoned-93rd-minute.html
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 23:57:49 »

This knocks it into a cocked hat

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 07:41:58 »

I didnt really know what to expect when I went to see the Jets last year, Its so different to just going to the football over here, There are no away fans to speak off, so you dont get that banter, but its more of a show rather then the game. Enjoyable, and anyone who goes over to USA I would recommend going to see a game just for the expereince more then anything!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 20:57:29 »

An interesting read

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/manginis-mess-sent-to-save-the-cleveland-browns-eric-mangini-instead-put-on-a-clinic-on-how-to-drive-a-teams-morale-into-the-ground/Content?oid=3625467&showFullText=true

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:32:32 »

That is excellent donkey, I enjoyed reading that. So much so in fact, that I've just ordered the book from Amazon Cool

When you read that, it's not surprising Mangini (aka Mangina Smiley) has not had another head coaching gig since Cleveland. I see that, according to Wiki, he's now Offensive 'Senior Consultant' in San Francisco, which I am guessing doesn't involve too much direct player contact Hmmm

It's funny though, because if you had asked me who who was the real player's coach and who was the complete 'a' hole out of Mangini and Shanahan, I would have said Shanahan was more likely to be the bastard out of the two.

I can't say I've heard of Nate Jackson but he seems to be a decent writer. Some times when you read memoir type books they are really badly written (unless they've been ghost written). That's not the case with this guy though and I look forward to reading the whole thing.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 12:53:19 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 09:53:15 »

Recently watched 'Undefeated' a documentary about the Manasas Tigers, a bit like Friday Night Lights about a high school football team, really enjoyed it.  Very interesting how hard the coach had to work to keep the team together

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:22:13 »

I didnt really know what to expect when I went to see the Jets last year, Its so different to just going to the football over here, There are no away fans to speak off, so you dont get that banter, but its more of a show rather then the game. Enjoyable, and anyone who goes over to USA I would recommend going to see a game just for the expereince more then anything!

How easy/difficult was it to get Jets tickets Derbys?  Planning on taking the Mrs over to NY next year for her 30th and wouldn't mind trying to arrange it on a Jets home game weekend, if getting tickets isn't impossible.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:28:03 »

I have two tickets for the International Series at Wembley on the 27th next weekend, Jags Vs 49ers, £100 for the pair, upper tier good view! If anyone interested send me a PM!

Now, ain't that just like me?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11:15:44 »

How easy/difficult was it to get Jets tickets Derbys?  Planning on taking the Mrs over to NY next year for her 30th and wouldn't mind trying to arrange it on a Jets home game weekend, if getting tickets isn't impossible.

Not sure on that game specifically, but stubhub has most games - people flogging their season tickets for the individual games.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 12:02:20 »

Was quite easy, I went to a place in times square who were seeling tickets for all kinds of events, if you head towards M&M's world in time square, and the Hershey Store, you should walk past it Smiley, I would suggest get the tickets as soon as you get there, or before you go if you can
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 12:28:54 »

How much were the tickets?

Edit to say been on ticketmaster, and saw you can pick up tickets at good prices for lofty but pretty central positions.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 13:49:53 by janaage » Logged
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 18:44:10 »

I think I paid 70 dollars for my ticket, was a lofty position. Bear in mind the Metlife stadium is in New Jersey, so leave plenty of time to get to the stadium!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 19:54:55 »

I think I paid 70 dollars for my ticket, was a lofty position. Bear in mind the Metlife stadium is in New Jersey, so leave plenty of time to get to the stadium!

70 dollars? Bloody hell that's good, looking online for this seasons games your looking at around $150 - which I didn't think was that bad to be honest.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 20:41:35 »

How much were the tickets?

Edit to say been on ticketmaster, and saw you can pick up tickets at good prices for lofty but pretty central positions.
You can get tickets for any game you want, it's just a matter of how much you want to pay.
This company is excellent. I've used them several times...

http://www.ticketsolutions.com/sports/nfl/
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: