cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:53:57 »

I'm a Pats fan so hope they'll win it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:59:45 »

But only because Green Bay kept dropping the ball with no pressure from the Giants D.

Even the Denver Donkeys or the Bungles would have won with the Cheeseheads playing like they did!
Ahem....the Bengals (note correct spelling) are on the up mate. Andy Dalton, A J Green, two first round draft picks...need I go on? Hmmm
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 19:01:33 »

for me the Packers and Saints were the best two teams in the NFL let alone the NFC.

Agree, both way ahead of everyone else.

Packers just came up against the wrong team/wrong time and the Saints were in trouble the second they stepped out of dome.  If that Saints/Niners game had of been in New Orleans it would have been a blowout.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 19:12:22 »

Both games are very interesting.

In the AFC, it's another offense vs defense battle.
The Patriots defense it poor, if I remember the only team with a worse defense this year was the Packers (and we know what happened to them), but their offense is amongst the best in the league. Whereas the Ravens are a mirror image, a strong defense but a pretty poor offensive team.

In the NFC, it's defense all the way. Neither QB is very good when under pressure, and you can be sure that they will both be under pressure in this game. There are two things that make me lean towards  the 49ers, the fact that they have home field advantage & Frank Gore.

I have a feeling it will be the Patriots v 49ers, and hope that in the Superbowl that the 49ers can get pressure on Brady, because that's the key to beating the Patriots.

As we saw from the Superbowl in 2007, Brady doesn't cope well when he gets sacked a few times.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 19:14:38 »

Agree, both way ahead of everyone else.

Packers just came up against the wrong team/wrong time and the Saints were in trouble the second they stepped out of dome. If that Saints/Niners game had of been in New Orleans it would have been a blowout.
Definitely. Fair play to the 9ers though. They played a great game and I'm not that keen on Harbaugh but he's done an amazing job there.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 20:04:19 »

I don't think Pats are as certain to beat the Ravens as everyone thinks. Remember a few years ago when they went to The Gillette as 10 point outsiders and Ray Rice smashed in a few early TDs and then Lewis and Co saw it out? I did bet again the Packers last week. I think resting Rodgers in week 17 was such a big mistake. So often you see Wild Card teams continue the momentum and beat the higher ranked teams like that.

I'm going for the Ravens and Giants. Eli Manning is so good on the road in the play off and in the 4th quarter he becomes the best QB in the league. Although its easy to see the Giants self destructing (bit like they did in the middle of the season) but I think the pressure they'll get on Alex Smith will be too much.

I follow the 'Denver Donkeys' and I couldn't be happier with their season. Watch every game online and there so many amazing moments -mainly courtesy of Tim Tebow that I had no complaints when the Pats smashed us last week. Think the Tebow stuff got out of hand in the end as well. You can criticise the guys playing abilty so much but the bloke is such a competitor and gets more wins than loses. Big decisions going forward though in terms of establishing the style of offense for the future.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:03:10 »

To watch the Rams throw away another season was quite painful.. Yes we had a lot of injuries and with Sam Bradford out for the latter part didn't help, but it really was pitiful.

Roll on Jeff Fisher, now this is what a real Football coach looks like

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Jeff_Fisher_Coaches_Tour_MND-B_Iraq_July_4%2C_2009.jpg/150px-Jeff_Fisher_Coaches_Tour_MND-B_Iraq_July_4%2C_2009.jpg
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:10:05 »

To watch the Rams throw away another season was quite painful.. Yes we had a lot of injuries and with Sam Bradford out for the latter part didn't help, but it really was pitiful.

Roll on Jeff Fisher, now this is what a real Football coach looks like

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Jeff_Fisher_Coaches_Tour_MND-B_Iraq_July_4%2C_2009.jpg/150px-Jeff_Fisher_Coaches_Tour_MND-B_Iraq_July_4%2C_2009.jpg

However, this is not what a quality Offensive Coordinator looks like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Schottenheimer

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:19:59 »

I think to take up any Football coaching role, you have to look an incy bit like Tom Selleck.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:21:39 »

Well Brian Schottenheimer did manage to provide two AFC Championship games with a Jets offense that had Mark Sanchez so I rate him.
I think him and Fisher together is a good move for the Rams. If Bradford stays healthy and they don't waste their picks this year they could be in the play offs within 2 seasons. Only problem with the NFL is coaches have to get results fast or their out. Felt for Morris at the Bucs because I do just think it was a bit of a blip.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:24:38 »

I think the way the NFL is capped it is possible for quite an impressive turn around from one season to the next.. I'm not saying you can go from 32nd to 1st but I'm hoping this season will prove something decent. I do rate Bradford, but he's still got a lot of experience to gain before I think he has the potential to lead a team to the plays-offs and maybe the Superbowl.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:45:13 »

Good hire for the Rams. 

Fisher loves to run more than pass so that should take the pressure off Bradford and allow him to rebuild his game.  S-Jax is probably the happiest person in St Louis right now, he will get a lot more work and should have a great season.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:55:24 »

S-Jax is probably the happiest person in St Louis right now, he will get a lot more work and should have a great season.

I really hope so, the Rams haven't been right for a good 5/6 years. I wish I had the opportunity to see them with the Warner/Faulk line up with Martz in the driving seat.. Those were the days my friends.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:07:50 »

Patriots and giants for me. Then patriots to beat giants in the superbowl.

This.  Been to watch the Bucs a few times this season and they have been woeful.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:17:40 »

I don't think Pats are as certain to beat the Ravens as everyone thinks. Remember a few years ago when they went to The Gillette as 10 point outsiders and Ray Rice smashed in a few early TDs and then Lewis and Co saw it out? I did bet again the Packers last week. I think resting Rodgers in week 17 was such a big mistake. So often you see Wild Card teams continue the momentum and beat the higher ranked teams like that.

I'm going for the Ravens and Giants. Eli Manning is so good on the road in the play off and in the 4th quarter he becomes the best QB in the league. Although its easy to see the Giants self destructing (bit like they did in the middle of the season) but I think the pressure they'll get on Alex Smith will be too much.

I follow the 'Denver Donkeys' and I couldn't be happier with their season. Watch every game online and there so many amazing moments -mainly courtesy of Tim Tebow that I had no complaints when the Pats smashed us last week. Think the Tebow stuff got out of hand in the end as well. You can criticise the guys playing abilty so much but the bloke is such a competitor and gets more wins than loses. Big decisions going forward though in terms of establishing the style of offense for the future.
Good man! Another Donkeys fan!

While the 'Tebow Train' was entertaining, its not the best move for an organisation. The bloke is going to get pummeled and have a very short career. The problem with that is that he's going to get injured at some point and there is not another QB like him that can come in and play the same way. So, even if the Donkeys become Broncos again, the plan for everyone will be to hurt Timmy, which will kill the team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: