Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59761 times)
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 20:59:34 »

Sounds stupid but I sometimes get the feeling that people forget they are messaging the actual person they are abusing on Twitter. Constable could easily involve the police (petty or not) if he wanted too.

Seconded.. Cyber-bullies are the lowest of the low
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:00:33 »

Are oxford fans happy to keep a player with such a blatant lack of ambition?

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:00:54 »

Much as you'd love it to be true, there's obviously more to it than your rather simplistic view. The Oxford board said earlier that they had spoken to the player and AGREED to let him talk to Swindon. It's pretty evident that he was keen to talk to (his favourite team) Swindon at that time.

I agree with the earlier post about him bottling it because of abuse he's received from a few oxford fans (or, more appropriately, morons) on Twitter.

I'd guess he'll be crying himself to sleep tonight wondering what on earth he's just done.

To be honest i feel for him,he has made it clear he dosn't want the move,been respectfull to us and not slagged the club(even after Paolo's antics earlier in the season)he was probably offered double your money at Swindon but has showed some bollocks in refusing.
I hope he gets a move to Bournemouth or something.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:00:57 »

JamesConstable9 James Constable
This has been one of the toughest days I have had in my career, never wanted to leave the football club, it means everything to me! #OUFC ⚽

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
lambourn red

« Reply #199 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:02:03 »

I hope we can now get on and bring in a much needed creative midfielder to cover Ferry, Leven anyone?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:02:34 »

Why the hell Oxford went public with I'll never know. The bloke was getting some disgusting and vile threats on Twitter this afternoon. Oxford fed him to the wolves. They should've kept quiet until the deal was completed or not said anything if he rejected us like he did.
Cheesy they certainly did. He must be wondering what the hell just happened. Now everyone hates him. Oh, I forgot, the oxymorons are more fickle than that aren't they........they'll be loving him again on Saturday.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:02:40 »

He had a tweet from an Oxford 'fan' wishing him he'd die of cancer. How he could think of pulling on a yellow shirt again is beyond me

James Constable @JamesConstable9 Can't believe some of the things that have been wrote about me on here today, get the facts straight before levelling abuse!! #gutted

I'm sure they'll all be cheering you on on Saturday James. After all, Oxford fans are two faced yellow bellies.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:04:00 »

Much as you'd love it to be true, there's obviously more to it than your rather simplistic view. The Oxford board said earlier that they had spoken to the player and AGREED to let him talk to Swindon. It's pretty evident that he was keen to talk to (his favourite team) Swindon at that time.

Let me give you a run-down of how it happened.

Board: "We've accepted a bid from Swindon for you. We agree that you can talk to them if you like."
Constable: "No thanks."
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:04:27 »

"Never wanted to leave".

That's complete horse shit and he knows it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:05:00 »

Board: "We've accepted a bid from Swindon for you. We agree that you can talk to them if you like."

So why not explain that in the initial statement?
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:07:06 »

So why not explain that in the initial statement?

Oxford want to offload him maybe? Dirty tricksters..
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:07:26 »

Fuck knows. I've no idea how football transfers actually work. Just trying to wind up that massive cock.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:07:32 »

No, let me remind you of what really happened - AFTER discussions with the player, oxford agreed to let him talk to Swindon.

The "no thanks" came later. Obviously a change of heart. After the abuse that your wonderful fans gave him.
lambourn red

« Reply #208 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:07:40 »

How about
Board:"James we have got a severe cash flow problem, a big club has come in for you and we need the money. Can you go and talk to them"
James:"No i dont want to go to Swindon they are going up and i will never cut it at League 1 level"
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:09:18 by lambourn red » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #209 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:08:51 »

Did it surprise you? Football fans are simple creatures, and they all act in the same way.

Lets face it, Oxford fans are simpler than most.

Ive watched all this with amusement. But it does go against our policy of signing players good enough for the league above.

Swindon fans are not like Pox fans (no threats from STFC fans to burn down his house etc). He still feels comfortable enough to live in Bassett and be proud of it. Good.

Its all very strange. Paolo seems to have a bit of a thing for him, just because of the goals at the County Ground. But its getting a bit rediculous now, we can sign better players.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:13:07 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: