Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 58503 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:14:02 »

He seems to like different strikers for different scenarios - see his comments about playing Bodin and Benson because Rotherham had two slow CB's. So i guess he needs a variety.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:16:23 »

I believe he said he wants 5 strikers in an interview somewhere. Would assume that means Magera will be discarded shortly?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:17:16 »

I believe he said he wants 5 strikers in an interview somewhere. Would assume that means Magera will be discarded shortly?

Or Bodin back to Torquay.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:23:47 »

Bodin more likely i'd imagine.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:26:22 »

I must admit I am genuinely surprised at how few people are utterly disgusted by the fact we've signed a scummer.
I'm personally not in the slightest bit disgusted. Players and fans live in parallel universes. We eat/sleep/breath our club (and any other bodily functions you may care to mention).

For players, it's ultimately a job. They cannot possibly have the same feelings for their club as we do (you do get the odd exceptions like Henry with Arsenal, Neville at Man U but they are just that - rare exceptions)  Consequently, Constable has no more or less feeling for Oxford than for any other club. He kissed his Oxford badge - big deal - it meant absolutely nothing. It's what players do. It's pantomime. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he comes in and does a job then that's just fine by me. My first thought about this was actually that I feel sorry for Connell. As has already been mentioned, he could not possibly have done any more in the last few games and his attitude has been spot on. Yet he was still only on the bench for the Barnet and Rotherham games. Where this leave him now, fuck knows.

Signing 'scummers' has never been something that bothered me. I remember Mark Jones back in the 80's who did a decent job for us albeit very briefly before injury ended his career and then in the 90's I, like the vast majority of Town fans welcomed Beauchamp with open arms.

I don't really understand why anyone should have a problem with this other than doubts about his footballing ability (something I have no view on at all).

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:29:51 »

I just think about how they all laugh chortled and guffawed when Tommy Mooney went Yellow.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:31:10 »

I'm personally not in the slightest bit disgusted. Players and fans live in parallel universes. We eat/sleep/breath our club (and any other bodily functions you may care to mention).

For players, it's ultimately a job. They cannot possibly have the same feelings for their club as we do (you do get the odd exceptions like Henry with Arsenal, Neville at Man U but they are just that - rare exceptions)  Consequently, Constable has no more or less feeling for Oxford than for any other club. He kissed his Oxford badge - big deal - it meant absolutely nothing. It's what players do. It's pantomime. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he comes in and does a job then that's just fine by me. My first thought about this was actually that I feel sorry for Connell. As has already been mentioned, he could not possibly have done any more in the last few games and his attitude has been spot on. Yet he was still only on the bench for the Barnet and Rotherham games. Where this leave him now, fuck knows.

Signing 'scummers' has never been something that bothered me. I remember Mark Jones back in the 80's who did a decent job for us albeit very briefly before injury ended his career and then in the 90's I, like the vast majority of Town fans welcomed Beauchamp with open arms.

I don't really understand why anyone should have a problem with this other than doubts about his footballing ability (something I have no view on at all).

Super post OST!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:31:27 »

Cunt,stable on a piece of string,told me to kick his fooking head in Cheesy
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:33:26 »

When there was the possibility of PDC to come in as manager, a fair amount of people were not happy about it. Then with the rocky start, people were crying for him to be sacked. You just have to think about the comments after the Leon Clarke incident that were being sent into BBC Wiltshire..
But since he's been doing a sterling job, the critics have been silenced. Everyone is back on his side, because he seems like the right man for the job. If Constable can come in and play a good game, I can't imagine many people wanting him out. It's not about the person, it's about the footballer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:39:28 »

Were Huddersfield in disguise
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:39:37 »

I sleep soundly in the knowledge that I backed PDC from day 1 and even through the bad start !!

It's people like Paul D I feel sorry for - his views (although I firmly believe misplaced) have stopped him being able to enjoy and get involved in what has to be the most exciting time at STFC since Hoddle was manager

That is a great shame as Paul is STFC through and through......

Wise men say........
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:47:23 »

I won't be wholly suprised if constable rejects a contract

Things get better but they never get good
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:50:34 »

Hmmmm interesting one this...personally I dont think he's better than what we've got, but basing on 1 appearance against us and scoring twice then PDc must see something so I'm backing Paolo on this...and it's nice to wind up the Scum as well in taking their hero  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:51:07 »

Neither will I but he didn't have to accept discussions with Swindon.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 18:51:39 »

Me neither but if the club are forcing his hand he may have little choice in the matter. Plus his rep has now been a bit tarnished with the scum fans and the abuse he got on Twitter won't help their cause either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: