Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs Pakistan 1st Test  (Read 29418 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:35:42 »

Pakistan 150 behind at stumps!

My Views:
England need to strike early tomorrow or it will be a long old day.  It may do a tad more early but I dont really think this applies in the sub-continent, so think England will do brilliantly to keep the lead to <100!
Alot of people will say England should have played 2 spinners but Ajmal and Rehman got 9 between them and only turned a handful a fraction.
I personally think England didnt seriously consider playing 2 spinners, as they are religious with this 3 seamers theory.  Though if Bresnan had been fit to beef up the lower order that may have tempted them a little more to drop a batter and include Panesar.
Decent recovery by England to get to 192 considering they were 50-5ish, but the ease with which the lower order supported Prior just illiustrates how flat this track is.
Surely the Strauss/Flower plan for long periods tomorrow will be to attack with Swann from one end, whilst the seamers rotate from the other holding an end.

Ajmal is the first proper quality spinner England have played in a long time.  Considering they have trips to Sri Lanka and India later this year to follow, I predict England may have started 2012 as the worlds best test team, but they wont end it as number 1!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:36:52 »

192 isn't great but considering the start we had I'll take it.  A lot now depends on how we bowl.  If we bowl well and get Pakistan out for under 200 it's game on!  Not likely though.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:50:56 »

the pitch has a history of getting flatter.... might need a brisbane-esque effort
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 14:03:36 »

Will have to be better than Brisbane IMO.  The Aussies didnt have an Ajmal.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 14:07:07 »

Fucking hell you lot, one bad innings in a place they boys have never played before and its doom and gloom.

We've given nigh on everyone who we've played a fisting in recent times, we'll bounce back and win this series, I'll lay any cunt any money.
Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 14:16:29 »

Fucking hell you lot, one bad innings in a place they boys have never played before and its doom and gloom.

We've given nigh on everyone who we've played a fisting in recent times, we'll bounce back and win this series, I'll lay any cunt any money.

Well said, nip out a couple of their batsmen early doors and then England are well in it.  Here is hoping that overnight Gower & Trescothick lay seven shades of shit into Bob Willis so I dont have to watch & listen to him droning on tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 14:18:06 by Devizes_Red » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 16:49:19 »

ISOB will be happy at least....just need Ajmal to be called as a chucker and it should liven up procedings nicely. Where's Daryl Hair when you need him?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 19:37:03 »

Not the best start.

Have to say with my 8 week baby meaning i'm awake at ungodly hours i'd just be happy for one of the recent tests on sky to go for more than three days!Shame its not last year in a way,i would have been able to watch loads of the Ashes live  Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 07:30:38 »

great ball by Broad, we've gone one out!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spud

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 07:46:32 »

We've only gone and got another wicket! 128-2!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 08:58:13 »

Need to snap up younis quickly he is there classiest batsman!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 09:21:17 »

Hmm, wickets could easily fall in a pack here but it's not looking great. Just hope Misbah and Younis don't get to bat together or they'll bore the bowlers to death.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 09:40:16 »

Swann! Swann will tear you apart!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 09:48:12 »

Horrid shot just as haffez was looking to et on top of swann. Just to break this partnership sharpish. The batting after is a tad dubious, so all may not be lost yet!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 10:28:32 »

Trott strikes! Who saw that coming then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: