Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spearman and co  (Read 23994 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:44:12 »

Post of the year so far
69 er

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:52:33 »

did he force your family into a game of naked twister????i love that game my nan always wins Yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:54:05 »

So many of you have missed your true calling in life. Why you arent successful comedians I will never know.

Especially that guy who copied a joke The Simpsons did in 1994. Hilarious

Smiley
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 14:26:03 »

Soapy Tit Wank
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 19:32:02 »

Nice post Duke, but would add that whilst things have drastically improved under PdC we're far from the glory days we all crave. Yes results are going our way and fingers crossed we'll go up, but we can't be satisfied with promotion from Divvie 4, when and I mean when, we return to the Championship that's when the glory days will return to the CG.

Back on topic I don't have anything against the likes of Spearman or even Willie Carson to be honest, for different reasons. The likes of Spearman and Ray Hardman put a lot of work in for very little return. Carson was just flogged a very bad sales opportunity and wanted his cash back when he realised. Can't blame him for that. I always think it's so easy to say 'if I had money I'd invest in STFC', I know unless I had a severe amount of cash available any football club wouldn't be seen as an investment opportunity for me, especially a club like Swindon.

I won an Award in 2002 - Nationwide Supporter of the Year.

Won £2,000 and just got married. I gave £1,000 of it to Swindon Town FC when they were in difficult financial times. God knows how much I have put into the Club now through tickets and sponsoring games.
F**king madness. Suprised I am still married. Mind you her in doors has started going to games now Wink

If I won more money I would do the same.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 19:38:58 »

Won £2,000 and just got married.
If I won more money I would do the same.

Bigamy is a crime and sentence all in one.
iffy

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 19:47:02 »

This is a cracking set of posts.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 21:57:02 »

Just to revert to serious part of this thread, sorry, it can get out of hand again later if it wants.

At Molyneux in 19xx sorry can't remember the exact year (1997 or 1998 though?), but it was when we at the 69er made our 'McMahon and Hunt Must Go' banner with my can of black spray paint and an old sheet,
Spearman was doing the rounds of the stands talking to fans.  He had a carrier bag with him and I asked him if he had a banner like mine as I had it in my carrier bag.  He was not very happy, gave me an earful, then went off to the other end of the pitch, returned with Rikki Hunt and insisted I had a long chat with Rikki for Rikki to set me straight on why I should put my banner away and persuade me how I was wrong in my view of him and McMahon. 

I wasn't wrong of course, but have never had a particular opinion of Spearman, apart from based on that blinkered support of someone who obviously shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any serious business venture and certainly not near a football club.

Just thought I'd share that tale.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 22:03:00 »

Spearman once gave me a free STFC hat at Carlisle away.

My head was pretty cold.

This makes him A-OK with me.  Thumb
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 23:16:34 »

I read a lot of post on here but barely bother post myself (mainly because my boss sits on a desk to the side of me). But with this one I had to throw in my thoughts -not that anyone will really care.
Anyway as a young supporter of Swindon Town at the time, I always remember Mike Spearman being a nice guy, who always took time out to come and chat to the fans at home and away games. As a young supported it made you feel welcomed and that you had an appreciation of supporting the club when everyone around you in the town took the easy option by supporting Man Ure, Liverpool etc from the comfort of their sofas at home.

'I'd like to point out now that Mike Spearman never touched me in anyway and that I'm not suffering from Stockholm Syndrome either.'

It also seems that most on here agree that Spearman was a decent chap except for two or possibly one (are animalwilliams and DV Canio the same person?) that he probably had his heart in the right place with regards to the club if not a bit misguided at times. The fact he's still involved in the club isn't a bad thing. The fact he's still involved when so many have been and gone shows me his loyalty to the club.
 But to go out of your way to write that someone is a cunt (DV Canio) and when someone asks you why they're a cunt, you reply that 'you're not going to discuss why' (on the same forum you've called them a cunt) is pretty pathetic and also cuntish. You've got expect some comments back and the odd guess as to why you don't like him.

Also the fact someone is quoting 1994 Simpsons jokes shows how original and timeless the Simpsons is 18 years on. Unlike The Big Bang Theory which is possibly the worse sitcom/comedy I've ever had to sit through and I've watched 'Mike and Molly' and 'Mad About Alice Starring Amanda Holden' before.

Anyway did anyone see Ray Hardman the other day?
deltaincline

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 23:24:53 »

Fuck me, this thread is hilarious.

We've got one or two prepared to say why they think Spearman is a cunt, one claiming to have good reason for thinking he's a cunt - but apart from revealling the period when he first started thinking Spearman was a cunt, wont say why - and a few more who have completely ignored the subject but have told us what fucking ace fans they are.......

I have no idea if Spearman is, or is not a cunt. I don't know him.

From what's been said so far, he does seem to have an unfortunate habit of hanging out with some of the many serial cunts that have been involved with the club over the last few decades though, so maybe he's one of those teflon cunts.

Quite a few people who've met him seem to think he's a decent bloke and the club seem to use him as some sort of well informed STFC ambassador nowadays, which is fine with me.

From the pics I've seen of him in those massive glasses, he looks a bit like a dodgy uncle who maybe shouldn't be left alone for too long with the kids at bathtime, but, I'm all for leaving him to get on with whatever he does for the club.

If he's good enough for JW and PDC, he's good enough for me  Yes
fatbasher

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 00:10:11 »

Show us on the doll where he touched you.

I'm sorry folks but in all this madness wrt Spearman is or isn't etc this post made me spit out my earl grey tea across my keyboard. Classic.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 11:38:41 »

I read a lot of post on here but barely bother post myself (mainly because my boss sits on a desk to the side of me). But with this one I had to throw in my thoughts -not that anyone will really care.
Anyway as a young supporter of Swindon Town at the time, I always remember Mike Spearman being a nice guy, who always took time out to come and chat to the fans at home and away games. As a young supported it made you feel welcomed and that you had an appreciation of supporting the club when everyone around you in the town took the easy option by supporting Man Ure, Liverpool etc from the comfort of their sofas at home.

'I'd like to point out now that Mike Spearman never touched me in anyway and that I'm not suffering from Stockholm Syndrome either.'

It also seems that most on here agree that Spearman was a decent chap except for two or possibly one (are animalwilliams and DV Canio the same person?) that he probably had his heart in the right place with regards to the club if not a bit misguided at times. The fact he's still involved in the club isn't a bad thing. The fact he's still involved when so many have been and gone shows me his loyalty to the club.
 But to go out of your way to write that someone is a cunt (DV Canio) and when someone asks you why they're a cunt, you reply that 'you're not going to discuss why' (on the same forum you've called them a cunt) is pretty pathetic and also cuntish. You've got expect some comments back and the odd guess as to why you don't like him.

Also the fact someone is quoting 1994 Simpsons jokes shows how original and timeless the Simpsons is 18 years on. Unlike The Big Bang Theory which is possibly the worse sitcom/comedy I've ever had to sit through and I've watched 'Mike and Molly' and 'Mad About Alice Starring Amanda Holden' before.

Anyway did anyone see Ray Hardman the other day?

Dunno why you'd think nobody would be interested in your posts? Your view is as important as anyone elses.
Post a bit more often.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 17:15:49 »

I have no idea if Spearman is, or is not a cunt. I don't know him.

From what's been said so far, he does seem to have an unfortunate habit of hanging out with some of the many serial cunts that have been involved with the club over the last few decades though, so maybe he's one of those teflon cunts.

Hanging around with cunts seems to be an occupational hazard for Swindon Town fans.....

As for the Spearman Rhino love in, I met him once in one of his away trip handshake expeditions.

Apart from Wray, the only club executive to have given me any attention whatsoever.

He'll do.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 17:21:02 »

only time i have talked to him was when he told me to stop protesting about diamandis, silly old fucker.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: