Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Rooney  (Read 30827 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 22:10:22 »

I don't know enough about Rooney to form any opinion other than that I hope he does whatever PDC sees in him well.

Now he's Swindon from now he does what he wants Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 22:13:14 »

Now he's Swindon from now he does what he wants Smiley

He's certainly graduated from the Billy Bodin School of Obviously.

"Obviously I'm happy to be here and obviously will look to obviously to well while obviously hoping to become a fans favourite".
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 05:59:37 »

Maybe we should get Adi Mings in as his Public Speaking Coach, y'nahutameen?
fatbasher

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 06:28:05 »

He's certainly graduated from the Billy Bodin School of Obviously.

"Obviously I'm happy to be here and obviously will look to obviously to well while obviously hoping to become a fans favourite".

Obviously.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 13:43:32 »

From Sky...

Luke Rooney has defended the manner of his departure from Gillingham and insists he left on good terms with manager Andy Hessenthaler.

The winger, 21, completed a move to Swindon on Tuesday for an undisclosed fee, coming after he turned down the offer of a new deal at Priestfield in November. Hessenthaler subsequently omitted Rooney from first-team affairs although he did go on to make three substitute appearances more recently.

"I could not have left on any better terms, in my eyes anyway," he said. "I'm sure my gaffer at Gillingham will have an interview and I'm sure he's not going to lie to my face, he'll tell everyone who needs or wants to know that I've gone with his blessing.

"My attitude has been great ever since everything that's been going on and all I've wanted to do is play my football and enjoy my football and I'm just glad, after all of that, that I can do that. I cannot get my point across. You get people who are so naive they believe everything they read and I cannot have my say because, if I do, I've got to be careful with what I say and I'm not going to say too much about that because it's gone.

"But I think if any Gillingham fan wants to read stuff that's not true then that's up to them and any Gillingham fan who believes I've done anything wrong, go and ask the manager. One, have I done anything wrong? And two, have I left on good terms? He'll tell you he's got a lot of time for me and I've gone with his blessing.

"That should clear it up for anyone. They should believe their manager rather than any local paper. It's gone now, I've perhaps had my say there."

I wasn't confused but I am now.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 13:49:13 »

What an eloquent young man- good of him to clear that up.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 13:58:01 »

Is Rooney...Aden Flint's love child??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 13:58:55 »

He seems really stupid. This is great news, how many great footballers obtain a PhD.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 15:52:04 »

Didn't fellow ex-Jill (and ex-Swindon all round nice guy) Iffy Onuora have one as well?  On his day, I thought he was a 'great footballer' (even though he wasn't great in the Glenn Hoddle/Don Rogers sense).

I'm going to do some more work now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 15:57:03 »

The exception that proves the rule!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 15:59:04 »

I don't know enough about Rooney to form any opinion other than that I hope he does whatever PDC sees in him well.

This
Flashheart

« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 16:01:53 »

Maurice Malpas had an engineering degree.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 16:46:37 »

He seems really stupid. This is great news, how many great footballers obtain a PhD.

Probably very few...maybe Socrates.  The Scum had a Kiwi Dr Ceri Evans, who turned out for them, whilst he was at Scumbag University, doing some research.

Dave Bamber had a degree, but did a very good job of covering it up by appearing as pig thick as the average player, think that it's necessary to avoid getting the nickname Prof.  Bamber was lucky in that Dave Hockaday already had that moniker, think he might have had an O Level or something
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 16:54:25 »

Hasn't Clarke Carlise got one ?
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 16:57:19 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/11/the-knowledge-footballers-degrees
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: