Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Rooney  (Read 30826 times)
LittleRed

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 22:54:37 »

Anybody know what has happened with our bid for him. Surely it's a yes or no, I'd take that no news mean they are seriously considering it. Seems like a six figure sum is welcomed by most Gillinghan fans as although they rate him as a good prospect believe this is too good n offer to turn down. They value him at 50-75k not that means much of course. Anyone seen this guy play?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 23:02:38 »

I thought someone had posted on here that the bid had been turned down.

However, I haven't seen anything official.

There was also a rumour that it was a cash plus player (don't know who, but could be Esajas or even Kerrouche), so if that was true it could be that they are discussing terms with that player.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 23:24:17 »

He played at CG and did well as did their whole team until Matt Ritchie killed them  off - seem to remember him cutting in and hitting our post too, good player worth having IMHO.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 23:25:19 »

Gills need money to buy Kuffour off Rovers so selling for a fee would make sense for them.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 23:55:22 »

He played at CG and did well as did their whole team until Matt Ritchie killed them  off - seem to remember him cutting in and hitting our post too, good player worth having IMHO.

Gills fans don't rate him very highly at all. Most would snatch the 100k+ offer I think. I know Paolo isn't one to judge a player on only one game, but we seem to rate him very very highly?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 00:05:36 »

He sounds like Ritchie - which isn't a bad thing. I'm sure working for his idol would help him buck up his ideas.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 00:19:47 »

He sounds like Ritchie - which isn't a bad thing. I'm sure working for his idol would help him buck up his ideas.

Then why is Ritchie attracting 500k+ bids, and Rooney not?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 01:23:20 »

Then why is Ritchie attracting 500k+ bids, and Rooney not?

Because he's obviously not as good as Ritchie. Maybe working for Paolo and seeing how Ritchie does it will help him develop and realise the potential that Gillingham fans do say he has.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 06:16:38 »

Slight fly in the ointment is that he came on Saturday as a sub for the Gills and is therefore ineligable, should we sign him, for Leicester.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 06:53:23 »

Because he's obviously not as good as Ritchie. Maybe working for Paolo and seeing how Ritchie does it will help him develop and realise the potential that Gillingham fans do say he has.

Contracts also change value - Rooney's is almost up and so his cash value has collapsed. The fee we might pay is for the desperation to get him now, not in the summer.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 08:17:39 »

Slight fly in the ointment is that he came on Saturday as a sub for the Gills and is therefore ineligable, should we sign him, for Leicester.

He started against Bournemouth in an earlier round so he was ineligable already
phelpsieboy

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 08:23:05 »

Before his new contract rejection, gills fans rates Rooney very very highly, but they went all sour grapes and said he isn't that good, and their opinion got even worse when we registered our interest. He is a good player there's no doubt about that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 09:14:55 »

Contracts also change value - Rooney's is almost up and so his cash value has collapsed. The fee we might pay is for the desperation to get him now, not in the summer.

He's a youngster though...meaning he will not go completely for free if he sees out his current contract.  So they have a slightly stronger bargaining position than if he were a little older.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 13:07:00 »

If it has gone quiet and he came on as a sub on Sat then I suspect the offer has been turned down, you don't play him if he is considering an offer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 13:23:43 »

Gillingham angry...(

STFC Lady tweeted this link:

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/sport/gillingham_angry_over_swindon_s_rooney_approach_1_1171801

Go on JW, you can take 'em.

Wonder if they cup tied him out of spite?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: