Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford game on sky apparently  (Read 40867 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 12:19:14 »

if we play them again...I think this might happen..
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 14:41:27 »

Call me slow but I didn't know about this

Jurors have also heard [Harry Redknapp] had made "disastrous" business decisions, including losing £250,000 in a "very unsuccessful" takeover bid at Oxford United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16740033

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 14:59:10 »

What's "very" unsuccessful?  Maybe because Oxford have been mentioned?  Smiley
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 15:47:26 »

He had a lucky escape if you ask me.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #139 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 15:48:25 »

Looks like they are putting up a big screen for this Smiley
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 16:12:09 »

Looks like they are putting up a big screen for this Smiley

Would prefer sitting inside with a pint !
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #141 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 16:44:30 »

Rather watch it than not so a good idea in my book
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 16:49:40 »

Interesting to note from the OUFC statement that putting up the additional stand would mean 'the overall attendance would be over 14,000, which would also create serious traffic flow and parking issues before and after the match'.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for ever extending the existing stadium then, especially when there are more houses being planned nearby.  Yet another reason not to build your ground so far from the centre of town and any meaningful infrastructure.

Looks as if the penny has now dropped with a few of their own fans about the inadequacy of the Kassam.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=7311

I do have some sympathy with them.  They had been trying to move from the Manor Ground for years, without success.  Oxford is a notoriously difficult place in which to gain planning permission - and, in the end, they were effectively bounced in to accepting just about the only site available to them.  In order to placate the heritage lobbies etc. it was, surprise surprise, way out of town...tucked away on an inaccessible site well outside the ring road and next to the sewerage treatment facility, in an area where most of Oxford would never get to see it.  Years on, and after a few more houses have been built around it, it's hardly a surprise that future expansion opportunity is going to be limited.

That's it, folks.  Three stands are all you're going to get.  (The irony is they used to have 7 or 8.)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 16:58:39 »

I maintain that away tickets should be sold with priority going to the fans closest to the Kassam.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 17:17:41 »

I maintain that away tickets should be sold with priority going to the fans closest to the Kassam.

Youre in kenilworth though sonic Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 17:20:32 »

My Dad isn't going so I can use his ticket  Yes
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 17:33:56 »

Looks as if the penny has now dropped with a few of their own fans about the inadequacy of the Kassam.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=7311

I do have some sympathy with them.  They had been trying to move from the Manor Ground for years, without success.  Oxford is a notoriously difficult place in which to gain planning permission - and, in the end, they were effectively bounced in to accepting just about the only site available to them.  In order to placate the heritage lobbies etc. it was, surprise surprise, way out of town...tucked away on an inaccessible site well outside the ring road and next to the sewerage treatment facility, in an area where most of Oxford would never get to see it.  Years on, and after a few more houses have been built around it, it's hardly a surprise that future expansion opportunity is going to be limited.

That's it, folks.  Three stands are all you're going to get.  (The irony is they used to have 7 or 8.)

Really good points there, they've certainly been shafted by Kassam, and we all know what it's like to have...erm...less than adequate owners. It makes me even more grateful that we have Nick Watkins et al, particularly regarding ground redevelopment.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 17:51:08 »

I hope they do put it up on a big screen at the CG as I don't think i'll be able to get time off work to queue for tickets. Think it would be a good money spinner for the club.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 20:45:40 »

Maybe he's going for the insanity plea....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 21:27:00 »

I remember that you tried to talk about our ground before and got lots of the basics wrong, and you're doing it again. Everyone knows its shit, its a small part of the reasons we hate Kassam, so there's no penny dropping. And there's loads of land for development around it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: