Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 1300....  (Read 10826 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:04:19 »

Surprised the one at our place wasn't on tele, pretty good for Town fans who can't get away tickets. I'll still be going of course with my ST Priority  Too Cool
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:05:34 »

Talking to a few Pox lads I know very well. They are not holding out much hope of a temporary stand to be honest.

I reckon we will get 1,300 tickets and that will be it.
The Police would welcome this also no doubt and probably control fans by shipping us all in and out.

Trying to get more info.

More likely one ticket per season ticket as well (as fair as it can be) but that will prevent me taking my Mrs and lad.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:08:08 »

They should do it on a geographical basis. Those closest to the Kassam get priority for tickets.

That puts us in the mix then sonic.

They should do it on the number of times visiting the Manor.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:14:19 »

After I posted that I remembered that I was sat at work in an office in Coventry, so that would rule me out.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:17:31 »

They should do it on the number of times visiting the Manor.
I'm in double figures so that would suit me fine.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:23:04 »

I reckon we will get 1,300 tickets and that will be it.
The Police would welcome this also no doubt and probably control fans by shipping us all in and out.

Here's a question, how do I convince the police I live in Oxfordshire and don't want to be shipped back to Swindon ?

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:23:50 »

I believe you are a witneyite if I am not mistaken.

If you are then you must have been labelled by Pox "What's worse than a scummer, one who comes from Oxon." - Me also in double figures and not missed one since around 1977.

Used to love going to the Manor even better winning and then going out Saturday night. In those days it was Didcot and to be honest I have to say that I know  many of their fans and some are decent lads.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:25:43 »

Here's a question, how do I convince the police I live in Oxfordshire and don't want to be shipped back to Swindon ?

Drive by car, Reckon they may bus in supporters to and from station. Don't know for sure but likely if we only get 1,300.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:26:56 »

Drive by car, Reckon they may bus in supporters to and from station. Don't know for sure but likely if we only get 1,300.

I was thinking car is the best option. I would imagine the turnstiles open at 10:30am.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:27:39 »

I believe you are a witneyite if I am not mistaken.

If you are then you must have been labelled by Pox "What's worse than a scummer, one who comes from Oxon." - Me also in double figures and not missed one since around 1977.

Used to love going to the Manor even better winning and then going out Saturday night. In those days it was Didcot and to be honest I have to say that I know  many of their fans and some are decent lads.
Nope, I'm a Park South boy now living in Stratton. Our paths must have crossed at some stage over the years. I've not missed many games at Scumville since 75
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:40:50 »

I went to the Manor 10 times and have seen the scum at the CG 15 or so times but never been to the K*ssam and won't be able to get there this time either.

The only away games against the Pox I have missed since 1979 are the 5-0 defeat, the 3-0 defeat and the FA cup defeat at the K*ssam.

Lets not lose there ever again!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:43:02 »

I went to the Manor 10 times and have seen the scum at the CG 15 or so times but never been to the K*ssam and won't be able to get there this time either.

The only away games against the Pox I have missed since 1979 are the 5-0 defeat, the 3-0 defeat and the FA cup defeat at the K*ssam.

Remember the 3 you missed particularly the 5-0 hammering.

Least the smoke bomb got us revenge from that one Wink

dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 20:45:44 »

Apparently there is a rumour at the scum end that the game could be on Sky

I heard a rumour that apparently there is a rumour at the scum end that the game could be on sky! Pass it on...

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 21:09:16 »

Unfortunately went to all 3 - the 5-0 was pretty evil. The fans perforrmed better than the players.
Can anyone else remember the pre season "friendly" there - that was fun. We won 3-1 i think with Jon Gittemns getting one and lumping anytihng that moved. 

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 21:22:14 »

Couldn't reply earlier as i made my post, read the first replies and then had a drive to do.
After a bit of thought i realise my idea of some sort of away scheme is a non starter. It would rely on ticket stubbs being kept and away clubs dishing out tickets. We are not a big enough club to have a scheme but it does work at other clubs.
I still don't like the current way but i suppose it is about all the club can do.
My view is not based on my own situation as i have been very fortunate in regard of getting tickets over the recent years.

What a shame it is that we wont be going in the numbers that the scum did here. Thats the biggest pisser to be honest for 2 reasons. We wont have the impact on the streets that they had. And in the stands too
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: