Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton View  (Read 20996 times)
npton

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:39:59 »

God football is a cruel game. Given the paucity of a squad and the fact that you have the luxury of bringing on the likes of Ferry and Conell I thought we did ever so well against you. First half we bossed the play and kept your fans remarkably quiet. Foul on Jacobs was a clear penalty and well dispatched.

It seemed like all the best play came through the movement of your fowards with few stand out players elsewhere and you could have had a goal when your player hit the bar from around the box.

Langmead was a bg threat for us in the air and bossed your box. You didn't seem to know how to cope with him and also our counter attack tactics which kept you pinned back more than you'd like.

Di Canio was spitting feathers from the outset and i believe he isn't happy with the application and technque of some of your players from his demeanour. I'd expect changes...

Berahino was the best player on the park first half and had the beating of your defenders for pace.

Seond half your fitness and movement showed. You really looked average in midfield but good up front. I dunno why Conell didnt start because he was miles better than that lanky bloke.

Sending off was horrendously late and the bloke had the temerity to fall over after a light shove from Langmead after. You can try appealing but I wouldn't bother.

All credit to Swindon for pushing on with 10 men. Your fitness and strength from the bench paid dividends and Paolo's run onto the pitch was hilarious but annoying at the time.

To give him his due he took a hel of a lot of banter all game and the West Sand providing an intimidating situation for the match officials.

At the end of the day we could have won if Berahino didn't blast over with an open goal before your winner. That's football.

I hope the f.A dont come down too hard on Paolo because it was all in thespirit of an ultra competitive game. I hear the police got involved for him going into the crowd which I hope comes to nothing.

Cracking game cant wait for the rematch. We won't go down if we play like that and we have 4 solid players coming in tomorrow
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:42:22 by npton » Logged
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:41:28 »

Di Canio was spitting feathers from the outset and i believe he isn't happy with the application and technque of some of your players from his demeanour. I'd expect changes...

Nah, he's like that every week.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:43:33 »

Is Langmead on loan? I liked him.

You should ditch Tozer.
npton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:44:00 »

I'd expect changes. You have bits of pieces of quality dotted around but a few duffers. Defo on the up though. I had a few quid on you pre season so wouldnt mind you getting promoted. We'll bring a good few to you for the return you can guarantee that
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:45:43 »

light shove?

full on shove and I think he pushed Risser over the man who was on the floor anyway!

Langmead should have seen red for that.
npton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:47:02 »

Is Langmead on loan? I liked him.

You should ditch Tozer.

Boothroyd is getting to grips with our squad. Our weakest player was our left back who is only a young lad and could be blamed for both goals. Langmead is on loan but is slow as...he's good in the air though, he did v well against your defence first half. We have 4 players in soon Christian Dailly who is ancient but should have a good brain. Assante from brum who is rated a couple of others.

I have to say that if you had have had Jacobs and Berahino from us you'd have looked decent.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:47:32 »

Cheers npton. Football is a cruel game when you are at the bottom of the league.

T'was my first visit to Sixfields and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Easy to get to. Easy to park. Easy to get beer/food. Friendly stewards/coppers.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. The performances against us an Burton seem to suggest you are heading in the right direction given the shambles you seemed to be a few weeks ago. Boothroyd's direct football may give you a neck ache, but if it works who cares!

Oh, and Akinfenwa, jesus christ, did he find the keys to the pie kiosk?
npton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:48:44 »

light shove?

full on shove and I think he pushed Risser over the man who was on the floor anyway!

Langmead should have seen red for that.

Im talking about straight after the red "challenge". Given that you are using passion as an escuse for Paulos antics I think you can excuse someone for shoving someone who had comletely taken out a a team mate. Use your brain
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:49:56 »

I'm talking about the same thing.

Raising your hands to someone in the game is a red card, thats the rules. I'm sure Di Canio's antics wont go unpunished either...
npton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:51:56 »

I'm talking about the same thing.

Raising your hands to someone in the game is a red card, thats the rules. I'm sure Di Canio's antics wont go unpunished either...

I heard the police got involved. Light slap on the wrists from the FA would suffice but he did A: enter the playing area on more than one occasion. B: Jump into the fans. Dodgy
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:52:39 »

Nev is going to have a fit.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:53:49 »

the same thing happened at wimbledon, their rightback shoved that uddersfield feller and nothing happened. it appears to be accepted now DV

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:56:44 »

I heard the police got involved. Light slap on the wrists from the FA would suffice but he did A: enter the playing area on more than one occasion. B: Jump into the fans. Dodgy

He got sent off afterward so Di Canio will get a touchline ban and probably a fine aswell, I'm all for letting it go but because its against the rules it wont.

the same thing happened at wimbledon, their rightback shoved that uddersfield feller and nothing happened. it appears to be accepted now DV

I'll remember that next time I play football, which reminds me - how is your worldnet team coming along?
npton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 13:58:49 »

Cheers npton. Football is a cruel game when you are at the bottom of the league.

T'was my first visit to Sixfields and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Easy to get to. Easy to park. Easy to get beer/food. Friendly stewards/coppers.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. The performances against us an Burton seem to suggest you are heading in the right direction given the shambles you seemed to be a few weeks ago. Boothroyd's direct football may give you a neck ache, but if it works who cares!

Oh, and Akinfenwa, jesus christ, did he find the keys to the pie kiosk?

Look on Bayo's twitter... He reckons he can lift 175KG Eek
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 14:01:55 »

Yep......all in meat and Pastry Grin
Always liked him though...good poacher.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: