Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39558 times)
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:14:04 »

Just watched the highlights on the BBC which show the Risser incident a bit better. Think the ref got it totally wrong, Risser's challenge was no more than a yellow and their player should have got a red for slamming him to the ground. Might be worth an appeal.

An appeal to that might get him an extra game on the sidelines for the appeal to "be deemed a waste of time"....sounds good to me!!!

Do it
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:16:08 »

Just watched the highlights on the BBC which show the Risser incident a bit better. Think the ref got it totally wrong, Risser's challenge was no more than a yellow and their player should have got a red for slamming him to the ground. Might be worth an appeal.

Was there and in real time my first thought was straight red. He nearly took the lad's head off! That said, I totally agree about the push, their bloke intentionally raised his hands and knocked Risser completely off his feet (without the aid of theatrics too). I'd rather we didn't appeal the red card though, his sending off was a blessing disguise for me. Anything to keep him out of the team!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:21:25 »

Was there and in real time my first thought was straight red. He nearly took the lad's head off!

Don't think anybody around me thought it was ever going to be anything other than a straight red. It was fairly clear at the time there was no malice involved, but it was so late and 'spectacular' that it was always going to be.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:23:11 »

Don't think anybody around me thought it was ever going to be anything other than a straight red. It was fairly clear at the time there was no malice involved, but it was so late and 'spectacular' that it was always going to be.

Pretty much exactly how I saw it, you could tell he didn't mean anything but it was stupidly late....always thought it was likely to be a red
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:36:29 »

I thought it was a red,but a lot of refs would have sent the Northampton player off for the push after the event as well.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:42:36 »

Risser's reaction to being pushed reminded me of Paul Alcock.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:49:42 »

Still not convinced, doesn't look dangerous and his elbow wasn't raised. Think it was the player going down like he'd shot and the reaction of his team mates that did for him. Players are always mistiming jumps for headers.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 13:09:42 »

On Risser, to me he doesn't add anything. His performance was summed up by his fresh air pass which is what I do on a Sunday afternoon kickabout with mates!

He is actually quite strong in the air though, would make a better CB maybe a la McCormack?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 13:12:07 »

I think he lacks the pace to make a decent centre back. Also his tackling isn't up to much.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 15:00:36 »

Oh, and those three middle aged fuck-wits giving gob to Ritchie after they went 1-0  Doh- guess they don't want him to stay. Watched them at the end calling Ritchie over, he took a few steps then showed them the fingers, great to see.

Twats of the higher order... Had a little spat with the fat cunt who offered me outside and then never showed up...  Strange how he can give it but can't take it..
DMR

« Reply #385 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 16:57:09 »

Twats of the higher order... Had a little spat with the fat cunt who offered me outside and then never showed up...  Strange how he can give it but can't take it..

You iz well dangerous
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:01:48 »

Haha drs was speaking to this ginger chap today about it, couldnt give an answer
69 er

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:35:45 »

northampton has always been a joke,the fans,tinpot ground,league posistion,mickey mouse club will settle in lovely in the conference
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:51:15 »

northampton has always been a joke,the fans,tinpot ground,league posistion,mickey mouse club will settle in lovely in the conference

Think that's a bit harsh myself. They all seem friendly enough, haven't "Darlington'd" their stadium and its easy to get to. They may be limited in resources, but they are better supported than Barnet or Crawley.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 19:36:38 »

Agree Batch,nowt much wrong with the Cobblers.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: