Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lost Files  (Read 1537 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 21:29:16 »

In short on my old PC I decided to purchase a secondary internal hard drive to store all my media, muisc, films etc. The ideas was that if I needed to restore the PC then I wouldn't have to wipe my PC and lose all the media I'd collected. I purchased a new PC and installed the hard drive myself. When I reinstalled itunes as the directory names were known as something else it asked me to link the files to hard drive by selecting the name of the file the media was stored in. This is where the fun began as it looks as though it has created duplicate files for everything I had, however the original files appear to be hidden but are now accounting for half the space on the hard drive. Is there anyway to find the 'hidden' files and delete all the duplicate ones?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 22:23:06 »

When you chose the library location in iTunes it asks if you want to copy everything to the iTunes folder. Sounds like it's doing just that. Should be as simple as unticking a box to fix it.

As for the files being hidden, you must've been able to tell iTunes where to look in the first place?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 22:43:53 »

When you chose the library location in iTunes it asks if you want to copy everything to the iTunes folder. Sounds like it's doing just that. Should be as simple as unticking a box to fix it.

As for the files being hidden, you must've been able to tell iTunes where to look in the first place?

If he can't find the files, he could do a search for the filename and the results will tell him where they are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: