Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Torquay Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26541 times)
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:18:09 »

Can't say I am that keen on the thought of Jervis' loan being extended despite the goals he has scored. He is very mobile but is poor with his back to goal, whether it is winning headers or holding the ball up. A more experienced player is needed for the second half of the season - Benson?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #226 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:37:51 »

He is very mobile but is poor with his back to goal, whether it is winning headers or holding the ball up.

Connell is very good at that
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:42:43 »

Well chaps...we wasn't going to stay unbeaten all season and being beaten by the odd goal isn't a disaster in my view,still a team getting to know each other and we will bounce back.
We will be beaten again this season but let us now go on another run....5 points off automatic and not even New Year yet......ecstatic i am not....happy i am.
With big matches v Barnet and Wigan coming up it is a good time to be a Town fan....relatively speaking of course.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:46:50 »

I agree, Leefer, and I also think it is a positive sign that the unbeaten run came to an end with Torquary having to resist a lot of pressure in the second half as we went down fighting.

I do though think PDC's team selection got us off to a bad start with his front pairing being so ineffectual and unable to put any pressure on Torquay. The signs had been there against Morecambe when Murray livened the game up after coming on and I thought he deserved a start today.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:52:09 »

I agree, Leefer, and I also think it is a positive sign that the unbeaten run came to an end with Torquary having to resist a lot of pressure in the second half as we went down fighting.

I do though think PDC's team selection got us off to a bad start with his front pairing being so ineffectual and unable to put any pressure on Torquay. The signs had been there against Morecambe when Murray livened the game up after coming on and I thought he deserved a start today.

Maybe...i would have started with Connell against his old club....but its a long season and with a better start in the first 6 games we would be top three.
Its a tough league and you look at the Bradfords and Port Vales who are big fish in this league all coming up short in recent seasons.
I would take third place on goal average right now.......though i still feel we could win it.
DRS

« Reply #230 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 22:56:06 »

Not sure what they want, but most of them need rehabilitation and/or an education.

Murray is the most dangerous striker we have and must start.

Not sure what worries me more; the fact it is blatantly obvious we are at least 3 players short of being a consistent top 3 side or the fact that so many of PDC's signings have flattered to deceive.

Second half performance deserved a point though.
He has had more players come good though than be duff hasn't he.

1 defeat in 16 let's wake up a bit here and not panick eh. We all know we need 3-4 players,the manager has said he needs them and the chairman has said he will provide them.

In the summer yes he made a few dodgy signings but i personally am very happy with the way he noticed that early on and let's be honest since the season started the players he has bought in have done a job havn't they
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:02:33 »

Easy to forget that this is PDC's first season in management.  We knew that there would be mistakes, and we knew that it was likely we would start slowly.  The gratifying part is that, respectively, he seems to learn from the mistakes and that form has noticeably picked up since October.

I still feel that anything other than promotion this season would be a disappointment, but I'm also fairly sure that if we miss out narrowly, both sides (PDC and the club) will want him to have another crack in 2012/13...by which time a lot of the fine adjustment/tweaking will have been completed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #232 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:07:54 »

How Magera and Jervis continue to be our front two is a miracle. Our two worst players by a long way
DRS

« Reply #233 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:11:14 »

Jervis has scored a couple recently though so can see why he would start him
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:13:06 »

How Magera and Jervis continue to be our front two is a miracle. Our two worst players by a long way

No No

aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:15:17 »

No doubt that PDC has made a very positive start, though not sure how his approach to management would have worked at a club without the resources we have in this division. Still, his mindset and determination to succeed are refreshing and I firmly believe we are lucky to have him.

Jervis' latest goal did come off his shoulder mind... ;-)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 23:20:31 »

Good game to miss by the sounds of it. I blame myself for not giving a score prediction for the first time! But let's not panic - win the next two very winnable games and I'm sure we'll be within 1-2 points of the auto places.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 00:09:32 »

Well chaps...we wasn't going to stay unbeaten all season and being beaten by the odd goal isn't a disaster in my view.

Getting beat is never good, but if you have to take it on the chin, the presence of Lingy and Ooh Shaun Taylor in the oppo "dugout" did soften the blow somewhat.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 01:42:12 »

Jervis has scored a couple recently though so can see why he would start him

Connell hasn't really delivered so I can understand one of the two starting. But it's a shame Karrouche isn't playing, whatever the reasons.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 08:15:15 »

Getting beat is never good, but if you have to take it on the chin, the presence of Lingy and Ooh Shaun Taylor in the oppo "dugout" did soften the blow somewhat.

Really?

I bloody love Taylor & Lingy, 2 of my heroes from the best period in our modern era history.  Still a shit feeling to lose against them though.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: