Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Torquay Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26279 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:21:27 »

Fair point but I've lost count of the number of different strike partnerships we've had - is it 11? You need a settled strike partnership to build up an understand not only with their partner (ooo err) but the players behind them as well.

but we've done alright without it, so perhaps I'm wrong.
Well we may see kerrouche (i hope so) as jervis loan would have expired, i think murry deserves a start.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:28:28 »

Great day out that. Nice trip down there and then a few beers before and after in that seafront pub (can't remember the name of it). Shame the game didn't go how I hoped it would.

Torquay had a game plan yesterday and it worked a treat. They stopped us playing which is exactly what you have to do beat us. They didn't offer much but they were stronger and hungrier in the first half which was dissapointing. They looked a decent enough side but one that I think won't quite be good enough to make the play offs.

As for us I guess the run had to come to an end at some point. It's always dissapointing to lose a game but that's the first for 3 months and 16 games so it was due and given other results it's hardly a disaster. Frist half we just weren't at the races at all. We didn't get going and we were punished from a set piece again (familiar story). Second half was a lot better from us. We had much more of the ball and pressed for the equaliser but didn't really create that clear cut chance. The final ball was poor too often which is what did for us in the end. Not sure how they didn't get a red when their player pulled Murray back when he was clean through on goal. Crazy decision.

I think yesterday highlighted what we've all known for a few weeks now. We've got away with not having a proper goalscorer in recent weeks but not yesterday. Jervis offers little and for a big man just falls over too easily. Not keen on him really. Magera is even worse. He's the opposite of Jervis in the sense he doesn't fall over but he offers nothing. His touch and passing are poor and he just isn't a goalscorer. Why start him?

In January we need a goalscorer, possibly even 2. I think Murray looks decent but he now needs to start at Northampton. I think we've really missed Kerrouche and Connell. Connell is a very good impact player and Kerrouche brings so much more to the team than Jervis and Magera do.

Onwards and upwards. Another 15 game unbeatean run would be nice.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:34:18 »

I didn't go or listen to the game yesterday so can't comment on that, but, Morecambe aside, the last few results have shown that we need a clinical goalscorer to give us that extra edge.

No more fannying about with unproven foreigners or higher league youngsters, I'd much rather we tried to poach someone like Matt Tubbs who knows where the net is.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:40:25 »

No more fannying about with unproven foreigners or higher league youngsters, I'd much rather we tried to poach someone like Matt Tubbs who knows where the net is.
I think we could be in for him.....
although he would cost a fortune, or maybe mcleod. we have to get out of this league.

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:41:09 »

Connell, given a run in the team would score goals i'm sure.
I'm not sure if the board will be keen to release mopre money for players considering what they have given Di canio this season to work with.
What's going on with the Clarke situation? He's on big money so either we should fuck him off or play him...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:50:32 »

We're 9/11s there arent we.

The keeper, back 4 and middle 4 pick themselves.

Kerrouche is the only striker thats done the business so far. Magera, Jervis, Connell all been disapointments. I guess De Vita to (as a striker)

Has to be Kerrouche and Murray next game, hell....chuck Clarke in for a game whilst he's here!

...or worst comes to worse - bring in Gabilondo and push Ritchie up.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 13:03:56 »

Interestingly Paolo said "sorry" as he applauded the fans and walked off at the end, and then got a red and White scarf to hold up to that small bunch of annoying, drumming Torquay fans near to the away end.

The first half reminded me of last season but at least they improved in the second half to not entirely ruin Boxing Day.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 13:05:30 »

Interestingly Paolo said "sorry" as he applauded the fans and walked off at the end, and then got a red and White scarf to hold up to that small bunch of annoying, drumming Torquay fans near to the away end.

The first half reminded me of last season but at least they improved in the second half to not entirely ruin Boxing Day.

Was good to see that. We know we're in good hands. We'll be more than fine and when we strenghten in January we'll be even stronger. A lot fo home games for us as well next year which I think could see us through.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 14:06:20 »

My Thought, Jervis was like Bambi, couldnt keep his feet.  Flint had his worst game for some time.  Didnt win a header in defence for the whole game.  Atieno was far superior in the air to him.  Horrible, niggly brute of a player, but he had a great game.  Totally unsettled what is reputed to be one of the tightest defenses in the 4 divisions.  He made it clear the torquay game plan from the start when he went straight into the back of Mcormack uneccessarily when he was never going to get the ball.  As he wasnt penalised he knew the officials were going to allow that sort of shit to go on and he used it.  They out fought us and hassled us out of passing the ball in the first half.

Ref,and more specifically the lino, totally bottled the most important decision of the game from our point of view.  It was right in front of me and clearly a foul which should have resulted in a red card.  Pathetic excuse for officials.  Though we didn't deserve anything out of the first half that should have given us the lifeline to keep the run going. 

Anyways, we lost a game.  Such is life.  Lets panic when we've lost 4 and are down in mid table.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 14:44:17 »

In other League Two news...

Even if he is a Gillingham player, this particular injury has roused a serious burst of sympathy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16338426.stm
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 14:46:53 »

Oh dear...

Had a great trip down and flew like a bird with hardly any traffic at all.

Parked up easy and had a pint and scampi and chips in the boots and laces and chatted to some true Torquay fans who travel all over the place.

Got a nice spot behind the goal to the far right of the youth.....bouncing all over the world.

The first half was fucking dire.....Torquay had a game plan and with a ref that wasn't going to clamp down on the niggly stuff (including a few challenges we put in) they had a field day.
Magera and Jervis are pish on a good day let alone yesterday when the link up play was non existent....however...at least Magera was trying unlike Jervis who put in a shift that made Prutton look like a Dynamo...he was utter shit....couldnt or wouldn't: tackle, pass, head, run, stand up.

Second half was better but just as we started to get on top we looked desperate and panicked when a little more composure was required.

The keeper made a few good saves and the ref made a howler by not giving a red for Connell being dragged back.......what was he booked for?  If its a foul then he's off, not because im a Swindon fan but because thats the fucking rules!  Mind you i think we were a bit lucky with the Flint incident at Rovers so ho hum......I also feel that Connell should of knocked the ball a bit further into the area with his first touch.

Gabilono just has to beat the first man with a cross........

So...a defeat...no panic from me but we NEED A FUCKING STRIKER....a big brute like Atieno or the like.....Kerrouche would of been a good choice yesterday.

Loved the way PDC held up his scarf to the Gulls fans at the end.....and good to see legend Shaun Taylor.....Ooooooooh!

Clems Army!
DRS

« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 14:54:30 »

Could someone do a jervis v kerouche goal to game ratio please,I am out and phone is being a twat
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 15:04:21 »

Jervis 12 (+2)  - 5 goals (3 league)
Kerouch 11(+7) - 8 goals (6 league)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 15:04:21 »

Jervis:

3 goals in 10 (+2) appearances in League Two.
5 goals in 12 (+2) appearances in all competitions.
Goal scored every 213 minutes (of 1067 minutes total)

Kerrouche:

6 goals in 9 (+4) appearances in League Two.
8 goals in 11 (+7) appearances in all competitions.
Goal scored every 125 minutes (of 1005 minutes total)

edit: thanks to www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk Smiley
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 15:04:57 »

Could someone do a jervis v kerouche goal to game ratio please,I am out and phone is being a twat

In all comps Jervis has 5 in 14 apps (0.36 goals a game) Kerrouche has 8 in 18 (0.44 goals a game)

Also in the league Connell has the same goals a game ratio (0.25) as Jervis, although most of Connell's appearances were off the bench.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: