Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 40GB monthly usage  (Read 9520 times)
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 11:28:22 »

Except for BT Infinity, which is on a par with Virgin and comes down a phone line.

Correct.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 12:46:50 »

Except for BT Infinity, which is on a par with Virgin and comes down a phone line.

Coming my way soon, have noticed a few of the new cabs going up very near me  Beers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 12:49:05 »

I have the same usage allowance and have not exceeded it yet. 4 of us in the house and use it quite alot.
I can never check my usage as it is always unavailable(shitty talktalk) so that might be why?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 12:56:21 »

Coming my way soon, have noticed a few of the new cabs going up very near me  Beers

I've had it at home for over a year now. We had it installed at work last week and the engineer mentioned that it's increasing to 100Mb from next April.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 13:25:58 »

I've had it at home for over a year now. We had it installed at work last week and the engineer mentioned that it's increasing to 100Mb from next April.

Should make the ftp'ing a bit easier Sam  Wink  According to my isp my line should be capable of 30 down 12 up, my routers also VDSL compatible so will be a one box solution
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 17:25:34 »

Another recomendation for Virgin Media.

Arriba if you need to keep check on your allowance you can download this app that runs in your task bar and will tell you how much you have used daily,weekly and monthly.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html
stfcinbmth

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 17:40:09 »

Arriba if you need to keep check on your allowance you can download this app that runs in your task bar and will tell you how much you have used daily,weekly and monthly.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html

That would only work on one pc, if there's more in arriba's household then it wouldn't be much help

« Last Edit: Saturday, December 24, 2011, 18:01:26 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 13:30:56 »

Thanks for this. I'm still on standard ADSL and unable to get cable in my area, despite there being cable within about 20 yards of my flat, but am now aware I can get BT Infinity.

I despise BT, but I can get 35mb, slightly better than my current 2.2mb, so I'm now quite excited about having a quicker connection! (Should I move to BT.)

Anyone know whether I can keep my router? It's a Belkin N1 Vision and I'm reluctant to have a BT homehub to share my connection with all BT customers using BT openworld or whatever it's called.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 13:43:06 »

Barry you can block that option on the bt homehub in the settings, i had to do it as it was slowing down my connection but after turning it off i gained about an extra 1mb of speed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 13:44:22 »

Thanks for this. I'm still on standard ADSL and unable to get cable in my area, despite there being cable within about 20 yards of my flat, but am now aware I can get BT Infinity.

I despise BT, but I can get 35mb, slightly better than my current 2.2mb, so I'm now quite excited about having a quicker connection! (Should I move to BT.)

Anyone know whether I can keep my router? It's a Belkin N1 Vision and I'm reluctant to have a BT homehub to share my connection with all BT customers using BT openworld or whatever it's called.

I would think you need a BT router, at least for the modem part. Doubt its standard ADSL2+.

Thing that puts me off Infinity is the 18 month min contract.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 14:05:07 »

Thing that puts me off Infinity is the 18 month min contract.

You don't have to get it from BT Batch

ID Net do a 12 month, I'll ask my ISP what contracts he does next time I speak to him, in fact I'll mail him this week

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/default-fibre.jsp
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 23:31:14 »

Forget my edited post , iPad now ok.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 26, 2011, 00:44:20 by Notts red » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 08:49:33 »

The kit supplied is a separate modem and router (HomeHub). Google suggests your router has a WAN port, so yes that should be fine. The engineer might not set it up for you, but easy enough to just swap out the HH when he's left.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 09:41:21 »

You don't have to get it from BT Batch

Interesting, will wait and see what Sky offer as rumours are they will be getting in on the act. Didn't realise BT was wholesaling already though, so thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: