Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 9482 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 09:59:37 »

Battery shit.

Apps keep failing

Sometimes it freezes
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 13:19:23 »

I have a desire hd & touch wood i haven't had any problems with mine. The battery is ok lasts about a day, but my bosses i phone lasts about 14 hours. The little touches like turning the phone over to silence it & the phone rings louder when it is your pocket.
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:23:45 »

I have a desire hd & touch wood i haven't had any problems with mine. The battery is ok lasts about a day, but my bosses i phone lasts about 14 hours. The little touches like turning the phone over to silence it & the phone rings louder when it is your pocket.
yes but you need binoculars to read text messages, cant make the fonts bigger, this is according to many forums, if anyone can prove me wrong and make them bigger i will gladly pay for for there alcohol consumption (a few pints) before the game on sat Pint Hmmm
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:25:52 by woolster » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:49:37 »

yes but you need binoculars to read text messages, cant make the fonts bigger, this is according to many forums, if anyone can prove me wrong and make them bigger i will gladly pay for for there alcohol consumption (a few pints) before the game on sat Pint Hmmm

Download the "go keyboard " app , you can change font size.
Dozno9

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:54:41 »

My Desire S was a dream but in the last week its gone dog shit.

The location settings went and refered me as United Kingdom location which is technically right but no good for weather or directions.

The calendar now has location as "ID Studio Room" on every appointment whatever that means.

The calendar shows appointments for tomorrow PM but has seemingly forgotten to remind me of a meeting in the morning which is in the calendar.

The calendar will only let me view my gmail account and not my Exchange account unless I choose to select all calendars.

The touch screen is no longer very sensitive and I have to press quite hard to select anything.

I've done a factory reset, cleared the calendars but still no good.

Up until this morning it used to answer every call on loudspeaker which made me deaf but seems ok since I took out the battery and put it back in.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:56:30 by Dozno9 » Logged
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:57:47 »

Download chomp sms it is then like the i phone text messages.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 16:59:15 »

I've got the old Desire and in a year and a half had no problems with the handset itself, been very good.

Only issue I've got is with Android. All the latest update for apps seem to be geared for newer handsets and take up a ridiculous amount of room. The Desire's actual phone storage where the apps get installed is so small if I updated all my apps I could only fit about three on there. Google Maps, Flash and the Kindle app are particular offenders.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:01:30 »

I've got the old Desire and in a year and a half had no problems with the handset itself, been very good.

Only issue I've got is with Android. All the latest update for apps seem to be geared for newer handsets and take up a ridiculous amount of room. The Desire's actual phone storage where the apps get installed is so small if I updated all my apps I could only fit about three on there. Google Maps, Flash and the Kindle app are particular offenders.

"All the latest update for apps seem to be geared for newer handsets and...."

This problem isnt limited to android, same also applies to iphone, however, at least with htcs you have the option of rolling back to a previous version, I believe.
Cant do that with iphones..
MAny of my apps simply do not working anymore after installing the latest and greatest updates..
Thats progress for you.
woolster

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:36:45 »

Download the "go keyboard " app , you can change font size.
cheers 4D have d/loaded the chomp app, its telling me to i need to turn off native notifacations in the settings page of the messaging page Embarrassedany chance you could PM me how i do this, found the app but cannot find anything regarding notifacations, thanks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:38:52 »

Tis very annoying. The age old embedded programming constraints of limited time, space and power seems ignored to a point. Bloody yoof programmers of today.

That said, later Android OS (Gingerbread) make it much easier to allow apps to be moved to the SD card.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:40:59 »

"All the latest update for apps seem to be geared for newer handsets and...."

This problem isnt limited to android, same also applies to iphone, however, at least with htcs you have the option of rolling back to a previous version, I believe.
Cant do that with iphones..
MAny of my apps simply do not working anymore after installing the latest and greatest updates..
Thats progress for you.

None of that applies to the iPhone. You can't download let alone install an app that isn't compatible, though if for some reason you do need to roll back previous versions of apps are retained by iTunes in a separate folder.

App compatibility with the iPhone depends on the version iOS you're running rather than the phone itself, except for where there are hardware differences (mainly the camera's that are missing on some older models, occasionally the cpu/ram). Even the 3GS can run iOS 5 so it's not really an issue.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:48:50 »

That said, later Android OS (Gingerbread) make it much easier to allow apps to be moved to the SD card.

Yeah I've heard that. But unfortunately in the same vein of not supporting old hard/software, unless i root my phone I'm stuck with the old OS (Froyo?) and its associated shortcomings.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:51:13 »

I'm not talking about compatibilty, I am talking about bugs. I could name you half a dozen apps which at best slowed down, at worst stopped working after updates.
Same applies to the oP system, on my old Phone 3.2.1 worked best, gone downhill since then.

Didn't realise you could roll back apps via iTunes...will check that out.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:54:19 by jimmy_onions » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 17:56:47 »

i will gladly pay for for there alcohol consumption (a few pints) before the game on sat Pint Hmmm

Steady now, don't want you spending all your dosh Wink

My Desire has been great, can't fault it apart from perhaps battery life

Using the iPhone 3G at mo and it's pretty slow compared to Desire. Two things I have found that are better on the iPhone are the keyboard(I can type a lot faster on it without too many mistakes) and battery life. Swiftkey on the Desire does improve things tho, and it's the only app I've paid for
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 18:00:51 »

Yeah I've heard that. But unfortunately in the same vein of not supporting old hard/software, unless i root my phone I'm stuck with the old OS (Froyo?) and its associated shortcomings.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/app-2-sd-%28move-app-to-sd%29/com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd

Not sure if this is free or not, might be worth checking out. Says froyo (2.2) compatible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: