Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRFC VS STFC OFFICIAL Matchday Thread  (Read 34620 times)
woolster

« Reply #345 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 12:08:54 »

yes, i also liked the relegation caculators out already Cheesy
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 12:23:42 »

This - I love the fact Di Canio is so pissed off because we've dropped two points.

I hope the players share his pissed-off-ness.

Judging by twitter yeah they're pretty pissed!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 12:38:47 »

Wasn't exactly great today but why he was brought off for Jervis instead of Magera was a baffling decision. Magera was woefull and once Kerrouche went off we resorted to hoof ball and the ball wasn't sticking to front two at all.

Magera was really disappointing. I really struggle to see how the man has international caps with a country like the Czech Republic. If you consider how the ball would stick to Paynter, or even Austin, when they had their backs to goal, it makes you realise what we're missing up front - we just don;t retain possession as well as we should in the final 3rd. Jervis did a much better job when he was on. I haven't seen enough of Benson to know if he's that type of player - isn't he more a front to goal, poacher kind? I think it's absolutely crucial we address it in January or see a serious turnaround in Magera's performances. Preferably the latter, because we can't go on throwing money at signings that don't come off.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 14:22:54 by The Moonraker » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 12:48:46 »

....and echoing whats been said above, every game I have ender watched there has been utterly ruined by the pitch. Rugby or not, it is apalling. How often did you see the players get it stuck under their feet - including Gabilondo's second chance. They players are constantly battling the pitch as well as the opposition. Thank god the CG pitch it decent, because I'd really struggle to watch football on that each week - no wonder Rovers went long, they had to.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 14:24:18 by The Moonraker » Logged
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 17:54:39 »

Just got back from Bristol after staying down for a few nights...and on reflection really delighted with a point!!! Still unbeaten in 14 and I feel other Swindon sides over the past few years would have got beat 3-0 and 3-1, but I have to say that Aden Flint was a fucking beast yesterday and had Ron Weasley in his back pocket all game and he won everything in the air!!! Deffo my man of the match! Not our best performance at all during this stretch we are on but I would have hated to lose to those gas bastads again down there!!!

Cibocci needs to learn how to throw a bloody ball though!!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 18:11:55 »

Witnessed some proper yokel stand off after the game, it was absolutely hilarious. We were waiting for a taxi outside the car park (once you'd gone uphill) and a load of 40+ year old gasheads came down the street to face up with their equally buck toothed Swindon counterparts. Could'nt really understand what was being said by either party but the funniest part was when a bloke came down the street with his no more than 8 year old son shouting "fucking get into 'em Gas".

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 18:18:44 »

Oh and the guy on Rovers PA system was a total utter knob as well....'COME ON ROVERS...I SMELL GAS' had people around me in stitches and shaking their heads!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 19:55:32 »

Has our photographer gone awol, was looking for photos from yesterday on O/S, didn't see any after the Southend game either.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 19:57:16 »

why so little chanting yesterday?
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 20:00:47 »

Didn't get to watch the post match entertainment as used the SAS Travel but thanks to the old ladys fighting in the street our buses had to wait for half hour in the car park til we could move. The game was very poor and there ground is a shit hole and that Cibbochi shouldn't ever get the chance to take a throw in ever again !
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 20:06:59 »

Did anyone else see Kerrouche come off the bench to show him where to plant his feet?

Made I giggle.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 20:28:25 »

Has our photographer gone awol, was looking for photos from yesterday on O/S, didn't see any after the Southend game either.
....or Colchester
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 20:34:34 »

And them your right. Have had regular photos up until recently though.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 00:47:26 »

Hi

As a supporter since 1962 (jeez is that 50 years coming up ?!)  I dont now get much opportunity to see the lads these days but caught the Rovers game, so this is my first sighting of PDC and his ways.

What I noticed was that the G man was doing especially well in spotting opportunities to get behind the Rovers defence,
most of which were missed/not taken up by the team. Thus the occasion when he got through to take the shot in the 2nd half was for me creditable, and I didnt feel that his failure to score was particularly reprehensible, nor did I feel he blew an opportunity to pass to someone better placed.

However, what I did then notice was PDC's reaction which was so massive that I knew he was going to take him off right away. (I also noticed that the miss early in the first half produced what seemed to me to be an excessive reaction from PDC).

Taking him off was for me a big mistake, as it was clear that he stood a good chance of getting behind the defence
again before the end of the game. This was particularly important because we needed an outlet from any pressure that would be put on us without forcing Caddis to have to go up the other wing too many times. (And given that Magera seemed to be a pretty hopeless donkey, the middle wasn't much of an option either).

Sure enough, his replacement, the E-man, showed none of that defence-opening nous, and sure enough our outlets dried up and we got caught out in the end.

I also noted that each time our goalie got the ball, the G-man hared up to create masses of space on the left which was wasted because the keeper didnt seem to have the nous to aim the ball at him.

So for me, while it's all well and good saying 'ah PDC he's Italian and emotional', that doesn't mean it's a good thing that he gets into a red mist and fails to see the 'obvious' ie. the above. To me, that ultimately doesn't bode well.

Would be interested in others' views on this. Apologies for the language used to write this - I coudnt find a way to do it differently.
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 01:37:16 »

Esajas was utter dogshit when he came on, Offered nothing and was lazy plus he almost got sent off!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: