Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet first leg is away  (Read 25423 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:58:02 »

That would mean you going against your principles this season DV Wink
nochee

« Reply #76 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 14:00:14 »

Understandably, the opinions of Wembley (mine included) are low. Also, the JPT is the smallest trophy that a league team can win, but it is still a trophy.

Wembley is an expensive day out and if the result goes the wrong way then its a double kick in the nether regions but if we win, then it will all be worth it.

I'm not sure what the prize fund is but any money for the club is welcome. Wray and co have put some serious cash into our club since they saved us and they deserve some return. Winning this match may be a bit meh for some fans but for the club it is a massive step forward.

Anyhow, we still have 2 games to go before we even get there. Let's not get above our stations and assume our place in the final just yet. I am very sure that the fans that say, "JPT, meh", will be extremely pissed off if we lose to Barnet over 2 legs.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 15:47:42 »

A big day out on the piss would be welcome!

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 19:05:50 »

Understandably, the opinions of Wembley (mine included) are low. Also, the JPT is the smallest trophy that a league team can win, but it is still a trophy.

Wembley is an expensive day out and if the result goes the wrong way then its a double kick in the nether regions but if we win, then it will all be worth it.

I'm not sure what the prize fund is but any money for the club is welcome. Wray and co have put some serious cash into our club since they saved us and they deserve some return. Winning this match may be a bit meh for some fans but for the club it is a massive step forward.

Anyhow, we still have 2 games to go before we even get there. Let's not get above our stations and assume our place in the final just yet. I am very sure that the fans that say, "JPT, meh", will be extremely pissed off if we lose to Barnet over 2 legs.
All of this.

Think a few years ago getting to the final and winning was worth around 500k. Not mega bucks but certainly not something to be sniffed at.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 20:48:36 »

I'm excited about it! It's our only chance of winning a cup (other than the Wilts senior Cup), plus it's a day out to the concrete bowl without having to worry quite as much if we win or lose.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 21:32:28 »

Oh I don't know, Swindon Supermarine thumped a young Chippenham Town side 1-8 at Hardenhuish Park this week. We've got to play our first leg versus Salisbury at some point before Christmas.

Elsewhere... Ol' Sanchez might be back Norn Iron by the time we next meet.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 21:50:57 »

I think thats the current Wiltshire shield champions out isnt it?  Leaves it open for us to bring home the trophy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 21:52:07 »

I think thats the current Wiltshire shield champions out isnt it?

Let us be honest, you know Chippenham are reigning champions Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 22:28:30 »

Elsewhere... Ol' Sanchez might be back Norn Iron by the time we next meet.

Lets hope not. They might get a good replacement for him.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 23:24:21 »

Let us be honest, you know Chippenham are reigning champions Smiley

I went to the game thinking, finally Ill see Swindon win.  Wrong again.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 23:34:49 »

Wasn't that the game that turned a bit nasty, Said left on Crutches.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #86 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 23:53:07 »

I'd very happilly have another day at Wembley. If we get there I can't see us taking more than 20K  -add about 10k for Chesterfield / Oldham and there will be plenty room.
Against Millwall was just flat. It would be good to go there anr remove those memories. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 23:58:05 »

If we got to Wembley, they'd have to give a section to West Ham fans  Smiley
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 05:20:19 »

I'm excited about it! It's our only chance of winning a cup (other than the Wilts senior Cup), plus it's a day out to the concrete bowl without having to worry quite as much if we win or lose.

Just what is it about this "concrete bowl" shit that a number of you are spouting on here? As somebody in there 50's who has been to upwards of 100 different grounds I can tell you that I would rather watch football at Wembley than some of the "old" shitholes (Vetchfield, Boothferry Park, Blackpool (as was). In the 70's I dont think I saw a corner taken whilst standing in the townend as the view was terrible. I think some have a romantic view of what is was like.

I admit that we all had a terrible experience last time out due to the neanderthal's that follow "wall". Personally the whole day was ruined from the moment we got off the train at paddington for the "fear" of walking into their support.

Personally I will be gutted if we fail to get through against Barnet, and if we do get there will enjoy the complete day despite the fact that there might only be 40,000 in the stadium!

Rant over. 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 11:04:05 »

Wasn't that the game that turned a bit nasty, Said left on Crutches.

Think I said at the time that it seemed Bodin had had a go at the team at half time for not being physical enough, so they came out physical and it did get a bit tasty, but nothing really out of order.  Could of shit tackles and a lot of posturing on both sides.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: