Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Panasonic Viera  (Read 5525 times)
stfcinbmth

« on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:02:50 »

I have the above with Freesat and Freview built in. Anyone know if I can record on Freesat(FA Cup highlights) and switch to Freeview without upsetting the recording?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:06:57 »

Does it come with the fit gymnast in the advert?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:10:07 »

should be ok. one shouldn't interfere with the other i'd guess. 2 seperate inputs
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:19:21 by arriba » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:15:43 »

Unfortunately not Si otherwise I wouldn't be recording the footie

@arriba, first sentence

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:17:05 »

Unfortunately not Si otherwise I wouldn't be recording the footie

@arriba, first sentence

hic
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:19:55 »

As they're two separate tuners it shouldn't interfere
stfcinbmth

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:28:03 »

Ah ok, it appears if I try to switch TV Tuners from Freesat to Freeview it tells me the Tuner is locked, but yep I agree you should be able to switch between the two. So the ony thing I can do if I'm recording is switch to an AV or HDMI input

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 23:36:13 »

which tv is it? I have a panny and love it but am thinking of goind for something bigger.(mines a 32 inch) It would deffo be another panasonic if i upgrade.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 00:24:26 »

I thought this was going to be about us signing a wonder kid related to Patrick.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 09:56:34 »

which tv is it? I have a panny and love it but am thinking of goind for something bigger.(mines a 32 inch) It would deffo be another panasonic if i upgrade.

It's a TXL37DT30B 3D Got good reviews, and has shit loads of connections, unfortunately only one scart. Very pleased with it arriba

Sorry to disappoint jonny
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 10:00:08 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 12:27:31 »

I have a Panasonic with Freeview and Freesat and I can't flick between them when recording, which I found a bit strange. I can use other inputs though like you said.

On a related note, I wouldn't buy another Plasma. I haven't had any issues, as such, although I do notice flicker from fast moving horizontal images and I hate the paranoia of worrying about images being burned permanently in. My next TV will be an LCD.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 12:34:56 »

Goes by the name of Sophie Brundish....18 years old so legal.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 12:46:08 »

I have a Panasonic with Freeview and Freesat and I can't flick between them when recording, which I found a bit strange. I can use other inputs though like you said.

On a related note, I wouldn't buy another Plasma. I haven't had any issues, as such, although I do notice flicker from fast moving horizontal images and I hate the paranoia of worrying about images being burned permanently in. My next TV will be an LCD.

Both technologies have their advantages.

Plasma is good for gaming due to low input lag, better for sport due to better motion handing, offers deeper blacks and a more natural colour palette.

Screen burn is a thing of the past but image retention can happen if you leave a menu for a game for example on the screen for a long time. It goes eventually though.

Plasma is also viewing angle free.
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 13:04:01 »

Both technologies have their advantages.

Plasma is good for gaming due to low input lag, better for sport due to better motion handing, offers deeper blacks and a more natural colour palette.

Screen burn is a thing of the past but image retention can happen if you leave a menu for a game for example on the screen for a long time. It goes eventually though.

Plasma is also viewing angle free.

This is the thing. It seems most of the information I used for due diligence is made up of those who have no experience of both. I had an old LCD and I mean old - £1500 for a 32". It had no lag and unless you put it next to a new TV you'd not know the colours were crap.

Same with viewing angle, this was really old, but there's no viewing angle problems. If you could see the screen you could see the picture. And yeah, image retention is a bugbear. I once forgot Sky was paused while I went and did other things for an hour or so. Now you didn't notice it as such, but if the screen was a fairly uniform colour it was noticeable for about 2 days.

Then there's flicker. I never once recall noticing flicker on my old LCD, yet I regularly notice it on my Plasma. There's also the whole widecreen movie thing. You need to blow up the picture to remove the black borders, or they too get retained. It's just a lot of fuss for something that seems to offer no advantages that I can discern.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 13:09:46 »

The black borders as susposed to be there for movies Barry, it's how movies are intended to be watched.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: