Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29701 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 08:56:22 »

I assume the recommendation of placing a school at the old council yard (wherever that is) near the county ground won't impact our plans?

The recommendation is one of two potential sites for a new primary school, so it may not even end up there even if it is built.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:04:45 »

This could all go horribly wrong. As much as I agree that we need to rejuvanate the CG, we can't just create lots of space that people won't fill on Saturdays.

I agree with you on this one. I still can't see how it's commercially viable to redevelop the county ground when surely its cheaper to start from scratch elsewhere. Also surely a brand new purpose built stadium will generate far more interest that modernising what we have?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:05:20 »

It's not just about the extra capacity though, a revamped CG needs facilities that can create the club income 7 days a week and extra income on match days from the corporate market.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:06:18 »

This could all go horribly wrong. As much as I agree that we need to rejuvanate the CG, we can't just create lots of space that people won't fill on Saturdays.

Why not have the second tier available and dependant on demand either open it if required or on lesser games, close it like they do for the Town End in JPT fixtures and the like. I would like to see the floodlights retained but not sure they will be somehow.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:10:15 »

I still can't see how it's commercially viable to redevelop the county ground when surely its cheaper to start from scratch elsewhere.

You should tell the board, I'm sure they haven't considered this. 
nochee

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:14:14 »

Why not have the second tier available and dependant on demand either open it if required or on lesser games, close it like they do for the Town End in JPT fixtures and the like. I would like to see the floodlights retained but not sure they will be somehow.
A 2 tier Town End would be awful. Especially if most of it is closed off for most games. An improved TE is needed, I agree, but not something that would completely lose the soul of a massive part of our clubs history.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:14:43 »

I assume the recommendation of placing a school at the old council yard (wherever that is) near the county ground won't impact our plans?

The recommendation is one of two potential sites for a new primary school, so it may not even end up there even if it is built.

That's pretty much located between the cricket pavilion and Manchester/County Rd roundabout. Can't see it being an issue unless the desired footprint for development stretches that far and the plan includes housing.

I'd miss the floodlights too  Sad
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:16:00 »

A 2 tier Town End would be awful. Especially if most of it is closed off for most games. An improved TE is needed, I agree, but not something that would completely lose the soul of a massive part of our clubs history.

Surely a single tier TE would look bland. I know to have anything remotely original costs, but you want some identity to your ground, don't you?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:19:51 »

I think the reason for it being two-tiered is to accomodate everything we currently have in the Arkells... it will become the main 'hub' of the CG.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:21:31 »

A lot of fans like sitting behind the goal, so a larger end stand sounds good to me. It also will need to be bigger to include the facilities that will hopefully generate further income.

In the short term as well, when they redo the arkells they need enough space to house them all, so a bigger town end will be needed.

They need to build to allow for potential extra fans should we become a sustainable championship club
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:25:28 »

The town end has sentimental value, and can get going for the big games, but lets face it. It is shit.

Small, cramped, shit view and shit facilities. It's not a great suprise they're doing that one first, i'd imagine it's probably the easiest to rebuild in the short term, because of the space behind it.

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:28:42 »

The town end has sentimental value, and can get going for the big games, but lets face it. It is shit.

Small, cramped, shit view and shit facilities. It's not a great suprise they're doing that one first, i'd imagine it's probably the easiest to rebuild in the short term, because of the space behind it.
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nochee

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:39:27 »

Whilst I agree with what everyone is saying, I still think that having a huge 2 tier stand similar to the Norwich one would dampen all atmosphere. When the Shrivvy road shed was replaced we lost all singing from that part of the ground. Of course, improvements need to be made and we need to progress. But, having a balance is also necessary to keep part of the old in with the new
Flashheart

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:42:12 »

Any new stand should be Eric-proof
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:42:40 »

The Stratton Bank can't be a full sized stand, so could be a suitable replacement for the Town End?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: