Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27105 times)
DRS

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 21:08:43 »

He said he took him off as he didn't feel he was trying as he should.

I have seen him in town a few times now in the day smoking away and have heard he has been pretty lethargic in training recently. Hope it's not the case but could explain why we went for 2 strikers last week
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 21:32:01 »

He was injured last week.

Has been some what cutting corners during rehab.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 21:42:34 »

Always read these threads after every game and attend every home game. One common theme seems to re-occur. The opposition is always poor (apart from the Pike's).
Is this just not a case of us making them look shit. We play some good football and they just can't match it. Lets not do ourselves down by saying how bad the opposition were, thay just can't match our class at the moment.
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:12:00 »

funny feeling arsenal away is going to happen at some point this year maybe round 4
stfcinbmth

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:14:26 »

funny feeling arsenal away is going to happen at some point this year maybe round 4

That would be acceptable
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:25:08 »

Always read these threads after every game and attend every home game. One common theme seems to re-occur. The opposition is always poor (apart from the Pike's).
Is this just not a case of us making them look shit. We play some good football and they just can't match it. Lets not do ourselves down by saying how bad the opposition were, thay just can't match our class at the moment.
As I said, we did defend very well today. But at the same time one shot on target shows just how much attacking threat Colchester posed today. They really were'nt that good.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:25:46 »

Oh, and just for the record. This is from the official site, and is possibly the most inaccurate description of a goal I've ever read...

The opener came on the hour with a superb finish from Ritchie putting the Robins into a deserved lead. A firm challenge from Smith in the middle of the park saw the ball run free to Ritchie. Having made good ground towards the box, he unleashed a fierce left footed shot from 25 yards which cannoned into the top corner of the net.

Just for starters, I'm sure the goal was scored from inside the box.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:34:08 »

the behaviour of some of our fans was not just disappointing but actually completely demoralising. Yes, our fans were quiet in the first half, but that's because the game was quite dull, not because they're too busy muching on their 'prawn sandwiches'. Those who were criticising our fans today, openly and loudly, should be ashamed. The atmosphere wasn;t great but to actually start ruining fellow Town fans' chants with childish jeering is pathetic. It wasn't Crispy, but it was some of the people he was with.
Good write up Mr Reeves. The comments I have highlighted above particularly interest me. I would not absolve Crispy from critisism though. I've never met Crispy before but it soon became apparent today that me and Mrs Taylor were sitting in the middle of his cronies.

As you say, the Town support was not especially loud today (but it wasn't that quiet either and I thought 500+ was more than respectable). Crispy's gang were only interested in making jokes about how quiet the general atmosphere was i.e 'Colchester Library' and so on (one of their better ones) but they made no attempt themselves to get any actual singing going or to try and support the team in any way.

In fact, they were not actually watching the game at all. They just kept coming out with random shit that they clearly thought was he-he-larious except clearly, no one else agreed.

Now, I will happily admit that I am a 'grumpy old man' (and proud of it) but I know I was not the only one to feel like this (and your post is further proof) looking around, as this shit continued during the first half, I looked around and I could see people around me were getting well and truly fucked off with it. One bloke several row in front turned round and said 'Shut up you fucking dick heads' or something along those lines.

I said to Mrs Taylor at half time, 'that is fucking it, I am not sitting with those pricks during the second half'. So we moved down to the front. Some bloke and his missus seeing the seats next to us were free, came up to us and said, 'is anyone sitting here mate?', I said. 'We've only just moved down here mate, we were sat up the back in the first half but we were surrounded by dick heads'. He said, 'Oh, I recognize you. We were sat in the row in front of you. We moved for the same reason!'.

So you see, it's not just me. There was then almost another altercation with the stewards because we had moved and other people couldn't get back in their seats because we were sitting in them but then again, no one was actually sat in their own seats any way....ANYWHOOO....that's another story.

Back to the point. Crispy - you and your gang are a bunch of cretins. With most of you I can actually forgive it because you are only about 16 and don't know any better but that bloke who is old enough to be your dad (maybe he is you dad? Maybe he is the father of all of you?) really should know better but is the biggest knob out of all of you (and that is saying something, believe me).

I seriously don't know why you bother going. You might as well just go down the Savoy in Swindon and get Stella'd up. All the money you are currently wasting on travelling, you could be spending it on Stella. Think about it, you would be doing yourselves a favour but more importantly, everyone else. i.e. those people who are not complete and utter knob jockeys.

Prick.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:39:38 »

You are 100% correct young man. They were poor because we made them look poor. We did all the right things. We closed them down, we harried them, we wanted it more.

I will also stick up for Risser at this point. How I see it, he and Smith clearly know their limitations and did a great job in midfield today by keeping it simple. They won the ball time and time again and then played a simple ball out to De Vita or Ritchie who took it on from there.

That was fucking great today.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:44:58 »

Have to disagree with these comments about our fans and their behaviour...it's called having a laugh and 'prawn sandwich' a fair few fans were chuckling about so I'd hardly say nobody else agreed Shaun, more of a 50/50 split with me being a chuckler, and calling people pricks for trying to get an atmosphere going...bit silly really but as you say your a grumpy old man!

There were many chants that were tried but the general atmosphere was rubbish so nobody was going to get involved, it was a dire game and 1-0 either way seemed a fair result, so glad it was us!

Enjoyed the day out and pleased we are in the 3rd round, more atmosphere at Rovers please!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:48:39 »

Mentioned it in a thread last week, but that bunch contributed to the flat atmosphere last week. They're horrible little people who deserve to be oxford fans. I actually think they could start to shift fans away from the town end.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:49:24 »

Have to disagree with these comments about our fans and their behaviour...it's called having a laugh and 'prawn sandwich' a fair few fans were chuckling about so I'd hardly say nobody else agreed Shaun, more of a 50/50 split with me being a chuckler, and calling people pricks for trying to get an atmosphere going...bit silly really but as you say your a grumpy old man!

There were many chants that were tried but the general atmosphere was rubbish so nobody was going to get involved, it was a dire game and 1-0 either way seemed a fair result, so glad it was us!

Enjoyed the day out and pleased we are in the 3rd round, more atmosphere at Rovers please!

Two points:

They were making no attempt whatsoever at getting an atmosphere going. They were just being pricks and I will certainly avoid them like the plague in the future.

It was not a dire game. It was a fucking great game.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:50:17 »

Anyone waiting for the highlights on ITV just catch the local weather presenter?

'Kin tits on that Shocked
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:53:07 »

Two points:

It was not a dire game. It was a fucking great game.

Must have improved with you moving down the front mate, as it didn't change much from where I was sitting.

We deservedly won the game and that's all that matters, agree or disagree with the support!

#VivaKenBarlow!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 22:53:40 »

I just spotted some other bollocks you came out with.

"1-0 either way would have been a fair result"

1-0 to them would have been a travesty to end all travesties. WTF are you talking about? Are you in Crispy's moronic fucking gang or something?

Jebus  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: