Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26789 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 13:56:58 »

don't be absurd, we're British. We do nothing at the time and moan about it afterwards. Not that I would do/say anything either seeing as I attend games alone nowadays and would piss myself at the first sign of aggression.

Anyway - it's really fucking tiresome reading all this after every away game. Why does nobody post big long match reports with individual player ratings anymore? This isn't Twitter, there is no character limit, fill your boots. I'd prefer to read the reports of some on here than the OS/Adver.

Indeed, let's move on.

Well I'm afraid I can't be fucked to do a big long match report. Then again, a long report is not really necessary. We were far better than them and it looked like it was us who were a division higher than them. 7 or 8 attempts on target for us vs 1 for them in the 93rd minute says it all.

Here's my marks out of 10.

Foderingham - 7 only called upon once and when he was, he did his job

Caddis - 8 class, class act. Oozes and drips class in fact. Easily good enough for the Championship
Flint - 7, man mountain, nothing got past him
McCormack - 7, looks like a midget next to the afore mentioned man mountain. Did not put a foot wrong
Ridhalgh - 7, tbh, did not really notice him which, for a defender I think is a positive thing.

Ritchie - 8, toss up between him and Caddis for m.o.m. Would prefer to see him on the left and just occasionally switch over to the right to get his 30 yard screamers.
Risser/Smith - 7, can't separate them. Both got up and down the pitch to shut their midfielders down. Kept it simple. Job done, fair play.
De Vita - 7, looked lively, worked hard.

Kerrouche - Can't really give him a mark as he was on for such a short time. No idea what Paolo saw to pull him off so soon.
Magera - 7, I think someone said elsewhere that he is going to become a key figure as the season goes on. If he stays free of injury, gets a good run in the side and gets accustomed to the pace of the game he will be a key player.
Murray -7, very quick, very skilful, nice touches. Will hopefully get better as he gains confidence.

Cibocci/Connell - not on long enough to mark really although Connell did run around like a silly bugger. Fair play.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 14:51:59 »

Would love a Premier League team at home that's low on confidence. Wigan would be perfect.
  Beers
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 15:31:53 »

I already had a go at a report, but seeing as Sonic is throwing his toys out, here are my ratings too...

Foderingham - 7 I might have kept a clean sheet yesterday, but he provides so much confidence at the back

Caddis - 8 Played very well - simple balls, keeping possession when he could. One or two good runs forward too
Flint - 8 Nothing got past him all day. Probably should have scored but never mind!
Edit: McCormack - 8 My man of the match. Won the ball at the back, kept possession, and was a cut above
Ridhalgh - 7 Only remember their right winger getting the better of him on one occasion. Solid.

Ritchie - 8 Worked very hard. Crossing wasn't always top notch but boy did he put a shift in. He also caused all sorts of problems for their LB and took his goal brilliantly
Smith - 7 Won the ball time and time again in the middle
Risser - 6.5 I wanted to give him 6, but others thought he had an alright game. I'm still hoping to see more from him
De Vita - 7 Made good runs, hassled their RB and did his job

Kerrouche - 6 Not sure what he did wrong. He was chasing the ball around in the early stages
Magera - 7 Was a nuisance for their big defenders and definitely has something about him. Hopefully he'll notch a couple of goals soon
Murray - 7 Lively and has a good touch. Finishing wasn't quite up to scratch, but hopefully that'll come!

Cibocci/Connell - Didn't notice Cibocci much. Connell put himself about and pressured their back line late on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 16:07:41 by reeves4england » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 15:37:26 »

Ermm slight quibble, you've said Mcormack mom, but marked 3 players higher?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 15:38:43 »

So you make McCormack MOM (and he was good I agree) but you gave him 7 and yet you gave three others 8  Hmmm
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 16:06:23 »

I meant to give him 8. Oops. Serves me right for copying and pasting!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 17:04:32 »

As for OST's comments about the older geezer, I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a couple of years now. Are all his friends 16-18?

Its called grooming up this way....
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 17:09:13 »

Did anyone tell them they were bothering people?

Plenty made their views clear - including one guy who was promptly told to f*#* off which was charming.

You can't talk to those kind of people without getting a barrage of abuse - easier to move and avoid hassle.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 18:44:48 »

Fair enough. Just wondered because people were on about giving them a smack, which would be ironic if at least they didn't ask the group first.
DRS

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 19:20:35 »

I miss ColUDave
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 20:49:59 »

Fair enough. Just wondered because people were on about giving them a smack, which would be ironic if at least they didn't ask the group first.
spot on Si, talk of smacking people ( youngsters at that ) sounds no better than what they are moaning about. If anyone knows where they sit or stand at home games make a note of the seat numbers and ask the club to approach them, they may just listen to Wray etc and make some sort of effort to calm down a bit whether at home or away.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 21:05:57 by Notts red » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 21:54:19 »

Thanks for the post match analysis peeps. Heard most of the first half on the radio, lost reception around Morton-in-marsh. Was delighted when the score came on 5-live!

Sound like the only negative was Kerouche potentially having a disagreement with PDC. Hope its not serious, he's not been best in the last couple of weeks but prior to that he'd worked his bollocks off for the team.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 22:58:42 »

A lot of managers would of waited until half time before making changes but Paolo is getting most things right at the moment so can't knock his tactics and player choices.Kerrouche has had some really good games for us so was obviously pissed off at being taken off so early into the game but hope it was more frustration than anything else.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 09:41:32 »

Our match report kindly provided by Richard at Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

http://thewashbag.com/2011/12/05/colchester-0-swindon-1-town-progress-to-face-wigan-athletic/

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 11:54:04 »

Had a dabble on a sausage roll!
Did they run out of brown sauce ?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: