Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Opposition View  (Read 8717 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 15:13:31 »

Good read, that

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:15:44 »

Who's going tomorrow? and one for ColUDave...where is best to drink after getting off the train?

Cheers

Maj

Good question!  Pint
ColUDave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:20:50 »

Who's going tomorrow? and one for ColUDave...where is best to drink after getting off the train?

Cheers

Maj

You have the Bricklayers, Norfolk or the Albert.

Bricklayers is closest and is one for you who like your real ale. When you get out of the station, take a left and go over the zebra crossing at Bergholt Rd. Then wander round the corner and walk a few hundred yards up on the left is the rear entrance of the Bricklayers. The buses are located just across the road to ferry you to the ground for £1.50. (Bruff Close)

http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/23868

Norfolk is a decent pub and you need to take a right out of the station, under the bridge and across the road at the roundabout. Keep walking down North Station Road and the Norfolk is on the right hand side of the one way street.

http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/23806

The Albert is next to the holiday inn on the same small one way street, but on the corner of Cowdray Avenue.

Cannot find it on the site as it is a hungry horse, but dead easy find if you go to the Norfolk.

Shouldn't have any trouble with any of the pubs there.

Nothing against Col U at all. Anthony Wordsworth is a bit of twat though, for some reason decided to celebrate both of his goals in front of us giving it the large one when you beat us 3-0.

We leave the North stand empty now (saves the club £3k) and put the away fans in the corner. The players only score down that end and seem to enjoy celebrating with no one!

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:23:22 »

Thanks Dave, you cunt.

(He's got 9 posts to his name now.  Someone had to do it.)
ColUDave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:28:05 »

Thanks Dave, you cunt.

(He's got 9 posts to his name now.  Someone had to do it.)

Hahaha its a term of endearment down in sunny Essex!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:32:17 »

Yeah good stuff....2 points though, could you change your name to something other than Dave, we've got too many as it is, and secondly the fact we're playing at your dungheap a year after Supermarine is a coincidence not an irony.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 16:51:04 »

Agree Paolo69, Wordsworth did manage to piss off plenty of Town fans with his celebrations in front of us. The stewards were none to happy with him as it was them who had to calm down irate Swindon fans, what was all that about anyway, is there history between us and him ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 17:02:18 »

Agree Paolo69, Wordsworth did manage to piss off plenty of Town fans with his celebrations in front of us. The stewards were none to happy with him as it was them who had to calm down irate Swindon fans, what was all that about anyway, is there history between us and him ?

Maybe because Wordsworth was overlooked for many years, as a poet to have a Swindon Street named after him...Shelley, tick....Dryden,tick....Tennyson,tick....Byron, tick
SarumRed

« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 18:29:03 »

Doest thou refer to the bosky environs of Wordsworth Drive? Didn't know it existed until now.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 19:50:58 »

ColUDave, is the Dog and Pheasant ok on Nayland Road ?
ColUDave

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 23:07:04 »

ColUDave, is the Dog and Pheasant ok on Nayland Road ?

Yeah another foody place, decent grub and bog standard draught beer. If you get there in good time you can park your motor at the back and wander to the ground. About 20 minute walk for those with a slow pace.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 23:16:24 »

We leave the North stand empty now (saves the club £3k) and put the away fans in the corner. The players only score down that end and seem to enjoy celebrating with no one!

Perhaps you could place a large mural of a car park in front of the stand, similar to Oxford.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 05:43:24 »

I remember well my Friday night visits to Layer Road...we always took the lead and always ended up losing the times i went...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 12:35:05 »

I remember well my Friday night visits to Layer Road...we always took the lead and always ended up losing the times i went...

Only managed it once...a late Mooney winner...well worth the trip.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ColUDave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 10:07:45 »

http://wp.me/p1IBhm-fA

Hello guys, match report above, congrats on the win. Just a shame we decided to not turn up once again. Hope you beat Wigan, never liked them.

Any reason why that Kerrouche chappy was subbed?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: