Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy King to Northampton  (Read 14235 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 08:55:51 »

That was his point - they didn't meaning for most of them King got the best out of them - alluding to the fact he could motivate them. I think.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 11:34:05 »

I once slagged andy king off to Matty Heywood when things were not going great. I said that i didn't think Kingy motivated the team. Heywood wouldn't have any of it and said Kingy was popular with the players and i had it wrong.
One of the most genuine footballers i have met so took him for his word on it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 20:42:13 »

Good stuff,I was only playing really.I remember us having this kind of discussion on thisis a few years ago.It was nice to get a bite.I don't go anymore so when it comes down to it you really are a better supporter than me  Too Cool

You were one of the fans that always made me laugh. Mex has followed you by no longer going and I miss him and his Dad as well. Can't see him changing his mind due to his political beliefs. My god have I tried but he won't have it.
I hope one day you come back. Certainly the football is better again.
Sadly you won't be able to get another picture of yourself pretending to punch Bill Power Smiley
A fine moment from Mr Yeovil that made me laugh.

Get yer arse back where you belong and bring Mex with you would be good to see you again.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 20:57:12 »

Hey, Banners -

I remember your contributions on this forum back in the Diamandis days, and it was all good for me.

Bit surprised you'd remain mates with 'Kingy' though. One mans poison and all that though, eh?

Ditto Devlin as he was just Diamandis' lap-dog and mockney enforcer for my money.

Wouldn't of wished that plane crash shit on him and his kid though - I don't think anyone will ever know how the fuck they all survived that. No sour grapes though as I guess he was only doing his job.

Agree with you about better times now. Wray seems to have made the right appointment with PDC, the club are on the up and the future looks a lot better. Here's hoping we keep improving coz I cant remember feeling so fucking good about about STFC for a few years now.

Your reference to 'sticky'.... I think I'm getting you on that..... and if so, I applaud you Sir Clap

With you all the way about the good times.
After all that Diamandis bollocks and co I disappeared from the forums for some time as I could just get back to watching the football side of things.
Reference Mark Devlin for the record he had no relationship with Diamandis other than had to work with him. He hated him and had more reasons to.
When you are told "the plane crash could have answered all my problems" then you get the type of bloke Diamandis was.
For the record only Wee Willie visited Mark Devlin & Co in hospital. Holt, Wills and of course Diamandis stayed away.  I made it uncomfortable for the lot of them when I entered the board room with a pint glass collecting money for Stan (Marks lad) in hospital. Diamandis didn't want to put anything in it but had to with others looking on.

Still had the last laugh over Diamandis.
Mark Devlin still has a massive soft spot for Swindon. Would be great a Southern JPT game against Brentford (Mark is now at Brentford if you were not aware).

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 21:29:40 »

I think Willie gets a bit of a rough ride to be honest. He is a totally cretin, but its not really his fault. He leant the club some money, got installed as chairman/shit deflector, then people got upset when he wanted his dosh back. His appearance on 'I'm a celebrity...' suggests to me 1/2 million squid is a lot for him to lose rather than loose change. Surely nobody does that programme just for a laugh.

As for Diamandis, is he actually doing anything now. Hopefully he is sitting in a bedsit with a cold can of beans reading this and seething.
deltaincline

« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 22:25:53 »

When you are told "the plane crash could have answered all my problems" then you get the type of bloke Diamandis was.

For the record only Wee Willie visited Mark Devlin & Co in hospital. Holt, Wills and of course Diamandis stayed away.  I made it uncomfortable for the lot of them when I entered the board room with a pint glass collecting money for Stan (Marks lad) in hospital. Diamandis didn't want to put anything in it but had to with others looking on.

That Diamandis quote is fucking astonishing, even by my standards. I'd have gone after the cunt if he'd said that regarding me in a plane crash.

Liking the story about embarrassing the cunts in the board room as well. Love to of been a fly on the wall!
Barry Scott

« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 22:33:05 »

Hopefully he is sitting in a bedsit with a cold can of beans reading this and seething.

Unfortunately not. He had a media company that was doing quite well and got bought, about 2 years ago, by Carat Media for, if rumours are to be believed, upwards of £40m. On a positive note, I feel quite good about it, because I made all that up.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 10:48:21 »

Shame so many hate King, but understandable. His post-match interview technique did a lot to discredit the good he did. A decent man at heart who gave everything but who often started an argument in an empty room!

My view on him is that he simply didn't deal with stress very well. If things weren't going well on or off the field his response was to come out fighting.

But speak to most of the players who played under him and you won't hear many bad words. You might get a wry smile, but not a bad word.

Of course there were lows, Cheltenham away and the relentless booing at home, but that play-off season was wonderful and I remember his tenure for more good than bad, there were so many players I enjoyed watching: Michael Reddy, Woan, Parkin, Migs, Igoe, Mooney, Jimmy D.

On a personal level I fell out with the guy every week because he saw most media requests as a chore, particularly his programme notes, but he once sent me a pair of footie boots while in hospital after I broke my leg playing football, which was a nice touch.

And as difficult to deal with as he was, he only ever wanted to Swindon to win football matches.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:33:26 by juddie » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:14:07 »

Shame so many hate King, but understandable. His post-match interview technique did a lot to discredit the good he did. A decent man at heart who gave everything but who often started an argument in an empty room!

My view on him is that he simply didn't deal with stress very well. If things weren't going well on or off the field his response was to come out fighting.

But speak to most of the players who played under him and you won't hear many bad words. You might get a wry smile, but not a bad word.

Of course there were lows, Cheltenham away and the relentless booing at home, but that play-off season was wonderful and I remember his tenure for more good than bad, there were so many players I enjoyed watching: Michael Reddy, Woan, Parkin, Migs, Igoe, Mooney, Jimmy D.

On a personal level I fell out with the guy every week because he saw most media requests as a chore, particularly his programme notes, but he once sent me a pair of footie boots while in hospital after breaking my legs, which was a nice touch.

And as difficult to deal with as he was, he only ever wanted to Swindon to win football matches.

He broke your legs??
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:22:07 »

everyone wants to win football matches? cliched drivel
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:28:10 »

He broke your legs??

You beat me to it!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:31:04 »

Not much point bringing you football boots in hospital. 

Crutches might have been better. 

Probably a bit clichéd that though.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:32:35 »

everyone wants to win football matches? cliched drivel

cliched my arse.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:32:56 »

yes, very good, he didn't break my legs!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 13:15:40 »

cliched my arse.

Clenched?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: