Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26454 times)
woolster

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 17:51:38 »

dire game, created a few chances and another 3 points, the ref and one of the lino's were fucking awfull, best part of the afternoon for me was the aldershot fans in the merlin, we're aldershot we do what we want and some on here thought our lot were bad COYR
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 17:58:50 »

Comfortable win. Only trouble they caused us was for 5 minutes after half time.

Caddis never stopped running and was my MOM. Jervis had the best game I've seen him have.
We all see games differently but I thought Jervis was dire in the first half, couldn't jump and hardly won a thing, different animal after he scored though!  Caddis would also have got my vote for mom.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:01:01 »

Good win, comfortable and Benson on the way...great time to be a Town fan, Col U next week should be interesting!

#VivaKenBarlow!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:02:42 »

Just home from the game now.  It was an OK game, we created plenty of chances but again failed to be clinical with our finishing.  Aldershot were very poor and didn't show much at all.

What are other people's views on Gabilondo? Playing on the left he can't seem to get round the outside to get any crosses in and when he cuts inside he usually runs into traffic and ends up losing the ball.  Would like to see him switch with Ritchie for 5 or 10 minutes every so often just to give a bit of variation and to see what he is like on the right hand side.
DRS

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:07:51 »

Efficient job done today. Gabliondo was very poor in my opinion and the balance was alot better when he was replaced.
The thing i like is that at times we look like we have a extra gear to go up
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:08:20 »

Shit first half, much better in the second. Caddis was my man of the match, followed closely by McCormack.

I heard one twat to my left shout that Jervis should fuck off back to Birmingham. I thought that was his best game for us!

Is Kerrouche still injured?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:10:49 by System » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Seņor

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:17:39 »

Shit first half, much better in the second. Caddis was my man of the match, followed closely by McCormack.

I heard one twat to my left shout that Jervis should fuck off back to Birmingham. I thought that was his best game for us!

I thought Jervis was absolutely awful first half, filled me with dread whenever he got the ball. For a man as tall as him you would expect some physical prescience but all I saw was a donkey who couldn't control a thing. Although he was much better in the second half and it was a fantastic finish he seems too easily knocked over, seems a bit "Pericard" to me the way he can only pass the ball backwards, should be running at the defence alot more.

That paragraph  makes me sound like a moaning old bastard after he practically won us the game, but I suppose that's the best thing about attackers: they can score even if they aren't in the game.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:17:48 »

Did what we had to and beat what was put in front of us.

Job done.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:43:59 »

PDC said Kerrouche was fit but probably wouldn't play, guess he's being saved for Col U
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:45:26 »

I thought Jervis did alright today, held the ball up well & finished well too although he could have done better with the opportunity he had just before half time.

Devita looked lost upfron but was much better when he switched wide. So glad Smith was back in midfield although he was late on a couple of his challenges which could have been nasty had he made contact.

Back 4 did well again with highlight for me was Macca's run from the back and him running rings around every Aldershot player.  Shame it couldn't have been rewarded with a goal.

I like the look of Murray, seems to be a very intelligent player who reads the game well and great set up for Jervis's goal. He's a small lad but his pace will cause problems with some of the defenders in this league.

Ritchie had a better game today and him & Caddis won quite a few balls for us today.

Aldershot well they were just a team of giants who will win games because of their physical presence but they are purely a long ball team which we dealt with today.

Not a classic today but teams like this will fustrate us and these are teams we need to beat and not let fustrate us
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:52:48 »

My thoughts...Aldershit came to 'park the bus' but once we went ahead we were comfortable.

We should've had a blatant pen when Jervis was pushed in the back, but on the who the ref didn't have a bad match.

Richie was shite, and should've been take off. I lost count how many times Richie got to the edge on the penalty area, and cut in for the shot to be blocked by about three defenders. He was so predictable.

MoM for me was Caddis, with Flint and McCormack not far behind.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
phelpsieboy

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 18:54:14 »

Very professional league two performance from us today. Did what was needed. Looked like we were going to score in the opening 15 minutes with us playing with a very high tempo, but became a lackluster affair after then until half time. Caddis was my man of the match, made some absolutely brilliant runs down the right and Ritchie looked back to his old self today. Magera looked decent when he came on, think he will have a huge part to play this season.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:08:18 »

Got the lucky trackies and away shirt dried in time too.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:10:24 »

Enjoyed today....Flint outstanding,the rest of the team did well.

What did i like today...the crowd.7,500 was brilliant.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:14:51 »

I thought Mccormack was the better of the two center backs today. Also thought we were lucky there goal was disallowed and our second wasn't.

Decent performance though.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: