Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: recovery disc 2  (Read 1931 times)
woolster

« on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:29:57 »

i need help, my daughters packard bell had a virus so decided to use recovery discs to put it back to factory settings, all was going well then it asked for disc 2 Sad the disc had somehow got scratched and pc wont have it Doh Crying,i do have a disc with all drivers on it but the pc keeps asking for fucking disc 2, anyone have an idea
stfcinbmth

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:36:53 »

Not too sure if you can redo the discs in safe mode but you could try. What about redoing them booting into Windows if the virus is not too bad. Does it have a product key on the bottom? If so you could try downloading an OEM install disc. OS is?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/52058-28-help-recovery-problem

Anyhow try the F11 key, tapping constantly while the pc is booting
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:42:25 by stfcinbmth » Logged
woolster

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:42:37 »

Not too sure if you can redo the discs in safe mode but you could try. What about redoing them booting into Windows Does it have a product key on the bottom? If so you could try downloading an OEM install disc. OS is?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/52058-28-help-recovery-problem
i cant seem to get it to safe mode as it asks for the disc, where would the product key be :hmmm:thanks
stfcinbmth

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:48:00 »

Try the F11

Product key will be on the bottom if it's a lappie, if it's a desktop it should be on a sticker on the case somewhere
What's the OS?
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 18:49:25 »

Try the F11

Product key will be on the bottom if it's a lappie, if it's a desktop it should be on a sticker on the case somewhere
What's the OS?
its vista
stfcinbmth

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 19:00:56 »

You could also try ALT F10 on boot also
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: