Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Young Talents Lost?  (Read 6427 times)
Bosey

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 20:17:20 »

I was talking to a friend about Jordan Young rejecting chelsea and thought to myself, we have lost a lot of young talent to big clubs but im sure there is a lot more than i know of, so who knows who have we lost to who and how are they progressing?

Obviously Theo Walcott trained with the club before going to Southampton
I know Lukas Jutkiewicz is featuring reguarly for Coventry
Chris Zebroski managed to have a few seasons in leagues above us and is established in league two
Jamie Stephens still should be in his last year at Liverpools academy now
Alex Henshall has been training with the first team at Man City and looks good in Man City training videos on youtube

Any more?
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 20:52:24 »

The Legendary Ben Tozer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 20:58:43 »

Wasnt Joe Mills or was it Matt Mills that was with us as a kid and signed by Southampton.

Also wasn't Mick Channon with us as a schoolboy? I am not sure maybe Reg would know that one.

There have been many more too but I can't remember them at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 21:00:55 »

How the mighty have fallen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Collins
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 21:06:16 »

In recent years ('04?) you've got Leigh Mills who went to Spurs for a few quid, now playing for the mighty Winchester City.

Was that the deal that brought Slabber here on loan as well? Not sure who came out worse out of that one.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 03:02:20 »

In recent years ('04?) you've got Leigh Mills who went to Spurs for a few quid, now playing for the mighty Winchester City.

Was that the deal that brought Slabber here on loan as well? Not sure who came out worse out of that one.

That was the deal in which Spurs would devote "their best efforts" to giving us some loans & came up with sod all. Another Diamandis Coup.

I think we've made a tidy sum from moving young players on. I know that we'd rather keep them, but seems that you as much money for some young untried player than you do for a 20 goal a season striker. (Although the deals that are done I guess in most cases have clauses dependent upon first team appearances, intl call ups etc) 

From the Dark Side
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 03:07:04 »

That was the deal in which Spurs would devote "their best efforts" to giving us some loans & came up with sod all. Another Diamandis Coup.

I think we've made a tidy sum from moving young players on. I know that we'd rather keep them, but seems that you as much money for some young untried player than you do for a 20 goal a season striker. (Although the deals that are done I guess in most cases have clauses dependent upon first team appearances, intl call ups etc) 

wasn't Mark Yeates' short loan involved in one of these deals. I don't think Andy King liked him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 04:21:14 »

Indeed - Yeates was part of the deal, got sent back and we eventually got Slabber instead.

Who I don't think was as bad as people remember. His finishing was woeful but he linked up well with Parkin who got something like 7 in 6 up top with Slabber.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 07:16:05 »

I may be wrong, but remember thinking that Spurs had turned us over

From the Dark Side
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 07:27:04 »

Wasnt Joe Mills or was it Matt Mills that was with us as a kid and signed by Southampton.

Also wasn't Mick Channon with us as a schoolboy? I am not sure maybe Reg would know that one.

There have been many more too but I can't remember them at the moment.

Don't think Channon was actually with us, but in his biography, is a bit about how he was on the point of signing for STFC when Soton nipped in and beat us to it....in much the same we nipped in and beat Bristhole City to Don Rogers' signature.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 08:43:41 »

Don't think Channon was actually with us, but in his biography, is a bit about how he was on the point of signing for STFC when Soton nipped in and beat us to it....in much the same we nipped in and beat Bristhole City to Don Rogers' signature.

Thanks for clearing that up, I knew there was a link but didn't know what it actually was.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:25:47 »

Yates is now a decent player but I remember when he signed on loan with the two diamond earings and yellow hair and bit of a swagger he was like a young King.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:37:19 »

I wondered what happened to him.....

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:38:58 »

We lose very few and bring through very few. It's really tough for kids trying to make it in the game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:41:37 »

I wondered what happened to him.....

And for that matter, Lee Trundle.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: