Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Huddersfield Town!...  (Read 13481 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 13:02:57 »

One of the most cringing moments of that day was witnessing a pissed up lad, barely able to stand, berating a couple of families sat behind him for not joining in his hoarse rendition of 'Sing your hearts out for the lads!'  At first, they looked a bit bemused.  Then they just moved seats.
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 14:32:31 »

At our Old Trafford Play-Off Final last May a group - well an excuse for a father and two sons and a few other knuckle draggers, decided they didn't like how some people 'weren't 'supporting't lads properly' so they thought they'd teach them how to support the team with a level of violence I've rarely seen inside a football ground. A sustained attack ensued where they proceeded to assault stewards and police officers. Thankfully these sub-humans were given long prison sentences.

In fact, this incident was the only downside that day - despite losing our most important game for years! Wink
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 14:48:26 »

One of the most cringing moments of that day was witnessing a pissed up lad, barely able to stand, berating a couple of families sat behind him for not joining in his hoarse rendition of 'Sing your hearts out for the lads!'  At first, they looked a bit bemused.  Then they just moved seats.

I can well imagine this was cringeworthy, but I would rather see the former at matches than the latter...there should be room for both, but suitably segregated...
REDBUCK

« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 14:52:38 »

Or perhaps there was a higher proportion of sober people, overawed by a bunch of drunken oiks ?

This
REDBUCK

« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 14:57:36 »

Yes maybe a crèche for those that can't hold their beer
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 15:43:39 »

This

Not that at all.

It was full of day trippers who have no interest in STFC. If they want to go for the day out, fine - if they 'support' a Premiership club but wanted to come along, fine.

...if...your coming into our domain you play your part and you support the team. If you dont want to join in and support the team, then quite frankly you can fuck off.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 16:02:56 »

I went to wembely and didn't sing one song in the ground Cool

Part time forever

Things get better but they never get good
nochee

« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 16:44:51 »

Singing at football creates atmosphere. If there is no atmosphere, what's the point?

Even at a funeral there is singing
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 16:58:10 »

Not that at all.

It was full of day trippers who have no interest in STFC. If they want to go for the day out, fine - if they 'support' a Premiership club but wanted to come along, fine.

...if...your coming into our domain you play your part and you support the team. If you dont want to join in and support the team, then quite frankly you can fuck off.

What i hate even more is, using the last wembley trip as an example, how the "Day Trippers" walk among the true fans after the game discussing how shit STFC are, how they knew we were going to lose, how Billy Austin was shit and How Phil Lucas didnt score a touchdown.  Suicide
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 17:54:20 »

I didn't mind the day trippers. Just didn't want to sit with them. Its a shame those with young kids didn't have a designated "sit down" family section so they could see properly and be happy.
Spencer_White

« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 17:57:14 »

Next time we go to Wembley, we will get ourselves sorted and we'll blow the opposition away.

I was suprised how easy it was to get the exact seats I wanted last time using that website.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 18:01:51 »

Next time we go to Wembley, we will get ourselves sorted and we'll blow the opposition away.

I was suprised how easy it was to get the exact seats I wanted last time using that website.

Yep I think fans will be able to coordinate it easily, pick an area before the tickets even go on sale for example.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 18:04:12 »

I can well imagine this was cringeworthy, but I would rather see the former at matches than the latter...there should be room for both, but suitably segregated...

That's not my point though..  While I agree with you about prefering a decent atmosphere, if there are people/families/whoever out there who want to pay to go to a game of football, that's their look out.  And there is no obligation whatever to sing, dance or do anything else...least of all at the behest of a pissed up idiot who you don't even know.  You can't tell people to create an atmosphere.  If they want to, they will.

Singing areas is a great idea, by the way - and given our experience at Wembley last year, I'm sure it will be implemented next time we're there.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 18:08:39 »

Completely disagree with this.  Clearly, the day trippers did have some interest in STFC, or they wouldn't have been at the game.  They weren't coming in to 'your domain' or mine.  They went to Wembley.

It really irritates me that siome people think they have a right to dictate how others should conduct themselves simply because they attend games on a regular basis.  We've no more right to dictate to day trippers how they should show their support at Wembley any more than we should tell them how to do their shopping at Tesco.  It's all bollocks.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 18:11:55 »

I hated the 'Wembley experience'
Went with my old man & dear old mum. Fair enough she was a day tripper as it was her first Swindon match, but she knew how much STFC meant to me & my dad. The people we were sat behind were clear day trippers - scarf on (still with tag I expect) & clearly no clue about Swindon.

When Austin went through and missed, of the whole block we were in, only me, my dad & my mum were on on feet with our head in our hands. The rest were just sat there. And I mean SAT there like gormless twats. The people in front of us gawped at us and said so each other "good grief those people are loud, why don't then sit down & enjoy the match"

At which point my mum, told them they probably have had been before & never will again watch Swindon play & that they should go home and stick to supporting Man Utd on sky.
Highlight of the day

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: